Jets looking at Miles Austin

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SyracuseJet, Apr 8, 2009.

1. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

hahaha.. BUT you do realize that was against the KC chiefs.. most of those yards came off of terrible attempts to tackle him by KC secondary.. they're 0-5 for a reason..

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Can he do it again though? He is decent, but not a 2nd round good enough. Maybe u missed his THREE drops on three different possessions in the endzone?

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I guess y'all missed the "a little early" part? That's was the whole point...and still too early to call, but there you go doing it again.

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Then I guess we'll find out when he plays a real team. He will never have a day similar to this one. Never. Terrible tackling on medium passes that turned into 50+ gains several times. I don't need to make a point. I am sure u didn't even watch the game, just looked at the stats and make ur opinion.

#384 Jets n Boys, Oct 11, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  5. brothermoose

I saw his plays on the red zone channel. I'm really starting to like that one when the Jets aren't playing.

I'm not saying I have any intimate knowledge of his abilities. I just thought that after setting the Cowboy receiving record for yards, this dismissive thread needed to be acknowledged as a little premature. You apparently do not think so, and that is OK. The fact that you stand by your assessment is admirable, though I am still not sure what body of work upon which you are basing that.

I see a third-year, undrafted receiver that had been previously buried on the depth chart, making some serious noise when given the chance. He made the most of the little opportunities he had last year also. I've been following him for a little while b/c of fantasy, and he seems like he has potential. Considering his circumstances to this point, I think it is way too early to write the guy off.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i knew this thread would be bumped after the game and i knew someone would say "yeah, but it was the chiefs." that was the best individual performance of the year by a wr. the chiefs have played other nfl teams this season and not given up that many yards to one of them.

i am still glad we didn't make a move on him, because right now all this is one great individual performance. but to try and diminish what he did today by saying it was just the chiefs is a weak argument.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Fuck Miles Austin.

8. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Roddy White!!! Anyone else watching this guy tear up SF??

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

yep...I have White and Turner (and his 3 TD's) in my fantasy money league.

10. gustoonarmy

Your having some game today then

11. brothermoose

Dammit, I tried to trade for White this week, but didn't offer enough...now he'll cost too much.

12. gustoonarmy

210 yds + 2 TDs....so far :eek:hmy:

13. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

so your going to base his ability on what he does against a n 0-5 team.. am i saying that what he did isnt special.. no .. I'm saying that he isn't a receiver that will do that against a good team.. EVER..

you know why you knew someone would say "he played the chiefs" cause its a legit statement... KC sucks.. they can't tackle. It wasn't like he beat coverage or ran tremendous routes.. he caught a 5 yard out, ran past the corner.. and TD..

He's fast as fuck.. and thats all he is.. speed..

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

the chiefs do suck, but that doesn't change the fact that they are still an nfl team. they aren't letting people go for 200 yards plus against them every week. even though it is against a shitty team he still put on a special performance today. he put on one special performance and that is all. but to try and say it isn't special because of the opponent is a bad argument IMO.

15. Phear

Phear New Member

if a receiver sucks hes not going to put up 250 yrds no matter how bad the opposing team is. i've never seen justin mccareins catch for 150 yrds let alone 250. i'm glad we didn't get him. however, those of you writing him off for breaking a team record because of who they were playing is idiotic.

16. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

OMG, wow, I knew this thread was going to be bumped by someone. :rolleyes:

17. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

ok where the hell are you coming from.. this was between me and the guy with the batman pug as his profile pic.. :smile:.. nahh but really.. you dont even understand what the conversation was about.. i never said he sucked... OK!... GOT THAT!.. this whole thing is about whether or not this WR was worth a second round pick... YOU KNOW .. THE MAIN POINT OF THE THREAD THERE.. and to justify that because he put up 250 yards... AGAINST THE CHIEFS.. makes him worth a 2nd rounder.. is retarded..

and in response to the reason why no other receiver put up those numbers... is because this was the first game they were close to winning.. so the cowgirls were throwing all the way until the end..

so just to sum up wat im saying.. in case i lost you guys...
    1) miles austin doesn't suck
    2) He could be a really really good WR
    3) he isnt amazing just because he raped the Chiefs
    4) It is still way to early to decide whether or not he would have been worth a second rounder...

wait a sec.. why the fuck is this even a topic .. WE ARENT GOING TO TRADE FOR HIM.. ITS OVER.. why are we even discussing this.. who gives a shit whether HE WOULD HAVE BEEN .. IF WE DID THIS... BACK WHEN WE WERE THINKIN ABOUT DOIN THIS... BUT THEN WE DID THAT.. its the past.. its over.. I'm done..

18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

One game doesn't make a great player at any position. See Timmy Smith for reference. Let's see what he does over the next 3 months.

19. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

if we went for austin we never get sanchez and now we have edwards. give me a franchise QB and a playmaker receiver over a WR with one good game any time of they year

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

If we would've given up picks to sign Austin this past spring....I would've shot somebody in the face.

250 yard game or not.....