Jets looking at Miles Austin

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SyracuseJet, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Remember when this board was crazy about Miles Austin and giving up a 2nd rounder. I can't even believe the Jets even thought about it. Miles Austin is nothing but Clowney version 2. He has 2 catches in 3 games for the Cowboys.

20 catches in 40 games overall. I guess he's doing better than his average this year and thats a sign of improvement.

PS. sorry for bumping an old thread, but couldn't resist how incredibly insane we would have sounded had we traded for him, besides the fact not having Sanchez here either. It would have beaten the Javon Walker trade as well since he did have 15 catches last year.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I can't believe that when 6 month old threads are bumped they cause everybody to have a heart attack before they open them up and start reading them.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The Cowboys suck.

Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton both have very mediocre numbers as well.

Miles Austin at least plays well after the catch - he would be a great compliment to Cotchery. He's the fourth option in a crappy passing offense.

Romo checks down to Witten on almost every play.

The Jets third receiver, Brad Smith, has 2 catches for 18 yards.

As much as I like Shonn "Shone" Greene, Miles Austin would be more of a help in this offense RIGHT NOW.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Remember when somebody bumped an old thread and said 'everybody' went crazy over something and only about 30% of the people posting in the thread were even favorable on trading for the player?

5. ........

........ Trolls

^ I had to go back and check. I remembered being baffled by the whole thing. Sure enough, I wonder what those Dallas fans are saying now who were so ready to riot when we were making a move on Austin. Thank God we didn't do it.

In related news, one of my posts in here mentioned that I'd rather use our 2nd elsewhere and grab Louis Murphy in the 3rd. I liked the Shonn Greene pickup, but Murphy has looked good when Russell has been able to get the ball to him. He ended up going in the 4th. Might have been an interesting trade back scenario.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I doubt the Jets ever had any interest in trading a 2nd for Austin anyway. At the time he was visiting with us I'm pretty sure the Jets were set on doing whatever they could to get Sanchez, they weren't going to throw away a 2nd at that point for anyone.

They were probably just getting a jump start on him before he becomes an UFA next offseason. I have no idea what they thought of him but don't be surprised if he is wearing the green and white next year.

7. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I think it was more like 50%. But whatever, it never went through and I couldn't be happier.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I got into an argument with u before and actually started paying attention to your draft projections. I admit I was wrong and think you actually do do a good job of it.

But this one? I mean, think about what I just highlighted from your post. 4th option in a crappy offense and we wanted to give him a second rounder? If he was the 4th option in the Saints passing attack, I could understand.

Edit: What does Shonn Greene has to do with this?

9. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

YEP! With you there

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

But Shonn Greene was a third round draft choice. Miles Austin's tender was a 2nd rounder. Even with Shonn Greene, we had to move up. The only selection Austin's trade would have affected would have been the Sanchez trade up. You (Mr. Electric) can talk about that if u want to, but really, Shonn Greene is a non factor in this discussion (and on the field of course).

I hope we see Greene in green on the green this weekend.

11. salex77

salex77 New Member

Miles Austin

This would be a great pickup for the Jets from the cowboys ! MilesAustin has great speed and can catch ,maybe not polished he does dropballs from what Ive seen but is upside is very good as a speed receiver which the Jets really lack!

12. salex77

salex77 New Member

Miles Austin

Yes he would definitely help us with the speed as a4th receiver

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Clowney doesn't get to see the field, why need another Clowney? This thread is from April and the case is closed.

14. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

With this being said, you bumped the topic...why?

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

spamming is one way to get banned.

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Just to show people how stupid it would have been if we decided to ahead with it...and a lot of people called me out in this thread. Besides, do I need a reason to bump a draft day thread? Atleast Im not making a "Where is the running game" thread or a "Where was Shonn Greene" or "Vernon Gholston"

17. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

it would have been a bad trade...smart move by the jets not doing it

if you're gonna trade a 2nd, it should be for a proven player...Austin is not that guy

I wouldn't even trade a 2nd for Crayton or *gasp* roy williams

18. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

this is the stupid thread with the "if someone wants to give up a second for austin he is worth a second" argument. i hope to never see this thread again.

19. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Looks like someone started tooting his horn a little early, eh?

250 yards rec. - 2 TD

^cowgirl receiving record yardage

20. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Remember when somebody bumped this thread to write off Miles Austin? What a tool.