Jets Linebacker Prospects

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rambo13, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

That is a good point. I was just looking at it from the perspective of who has drafted OLBs recently.

2. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

3. jamesAngleton

jamesAngleton New Member

If Woodley and Spencer are off the board then I say Yes to Abiamiri.

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

"Astute Big 12 fans will hardly consider [Jay] Moore a sleeper. With his combination of size and athleticism, Moore has developed into a legitimate edgw rusher for the Huskers, coming throuh with 14 tackles for loss in his first season as a full-time starter in 2005. However, Moore was overshadowed playing opposite Adam Carriker, a first team all-conference selection and team defensive MVP last year. Regardless, NFL scouts are quite intrigued by Moore. He isn't as physical as one might imagine for a player of his size, but shows great burst off the snap and is a natural pass rusher."

Moore was a RB is high school and is an academic all Big-12. I likened him Mike Vrabel of the Patsies. This guy has Mangini written all over him.

5. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Paul Posluszny. Definitely one of those smart LB's that Mangini's looking for.

6. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

Here is an interesting comment by Scot Wright of Scouts.com. I also posted this in the D-Line thread but thought this was a more appropriate place. My apologies for the redundecy.

LaMarr Woodley had a great senior season and career at Michigan but as good as he was you can easily make the case that Anthony Spencer, not Woodley, was the best defensive end in the Big Ten this year. Woodley and Spencer might actually end up competing for draft position because they are both similar types of players and will be jockeying for that top 3-4 outside linebacker ranking. Right now I'd say Spencer is leading that race in the eyes of most scouts and he has a shot at round one, but Woodley is probably more of a 2nd rounder. Personally, I have Woodley rated a tad bit higher. At this point neither player is in the same class as DeMarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman, Kamerion Wimbley or even Manny Lawson though.

- Scott Wright, NFL Draft Countdown

Link: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/asknfldc/121506.html

7. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

Dan Bazuin DE Central Michigan 6-3 270lbs. 4.70 40-time. Reports say that he is a high energy guy that can rush the passer. Has very good intangibles and had to play against Doug Free (one of the top LT prospects) everyday in practice. He is another player that might be able to make the switch from DE in college to the 3-4 OLB in the pros. Again, he might provide value in the later rounds depending on what we do.

8. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Lawrence Timmons is a great option as a 3-4 rush LB. He's a terrific passrusher, he probably will need to bulk up a bit, but he has great tools.

9. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I like Woodley, he seems more of a player then a guy who puts up great 40 times and what not. He just seems like the type of guy who has a knack for getting to the qb.

10. Force

Force New Member

If we go ILB, I wouldn't mind picking up H.B. Blades.