Jets like Cam Heyward

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Mar 31, 2011.

1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Id be absolutely furious if we traded up for him.

I have no issue if we take him when were on the clock, but he is not the kind of guy you basically give up our entire draft class for (aka our 1st 3rd and possibly a 4th or 5th)

2. Ah, I see where that was going. Got it now. Thanks!

3. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

There seem to be two takes on 3-4 ends. One group has it wrong, and thinks they are supposed to get 15 sacks per season. The other group has it wrong, and thinks that they are not supposed to get sacks, but just "Free Up" other players.

Ends in a 3-4 don't just get double teamed because that's what we want the opposing teams to do. They have to force the other team to double them. You take a shitty end who can't get to the QB, and he will be handled all game with one blocker. These guys ARE supposed to get to the QB. Everyone on the DL is going after the QB or RB on every play. It's just understood that with 3 DL against 5 OL, they are not going to rack up gaudy stats. That doesn't mean that they are not trying to get sacks, or that it's not their ultimate goal.

If they get a good push, draw a double team, and THEN free up a LB who gets the sack- yes, they did their job. But that doesn't happen if the ends are not good at rushing the passer.

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I want no part of Heyward he looked mediocre this season and on his pro day didn't do all the drills so that is another strike. Not saying he is Gholstonesque but alot of simularities. The Jets can do better. I'm hoping its a smokescreen that they are interested and get the player they want all along. Like last year I wanted no part of Odrick and Miami took him which made me happy.

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

That is, Heyward. He is a guy that drawed constant double teams because he was getting to the QB consistently. Which is where the decline came into factor with his "stats". I hate stats.

WTF? Seriously..

Also, he looked good at his own personal workout that was conducted yesterday. He's in shape, and fine. He did his job well this season, stats seem to be a hot topic for sports analyst though, go figure, right?

He doesn't have similarities to Gholston. Except they both played at Ohio State. They are two totally different players.

Some people man.. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so untrue. Like, I don't even mind people who don't like certain prospects, that is supposed to happen, but when you take it to such a stupid extent, it just gets annoying as hell.

#45 IIMeanDeanII, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Name the similarities besides school they attended.

7. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

It is not the first time, and I doubt it will be the last either.

Of season madness in full effect over here.

8. JetsLookingforDWare

If there was one guy I could pick from this draft to be a Jet it'd be Heyward...big fan.

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Trade sanchez for Newton...

10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Meh.. I'm a huge fan of Heyward's, but I would still take 15-20 other guys before him in this draft.

11. JetsLookingforDWare

Yeah, that was a little over the top. He's one of my favorite prospects in the draft, and I hope he can last to 30. That said the list of guys I'd take before him does exist and is not all that short.

12. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

could this be the most idiotic post in this thread? Yup