Jets just need to win out

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ConcordeChops, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If we win out we need to extend Gase. I'd bet we finish 3-13 though. Two Dolphins wins. It's going to be really hard for the Dolphins to force losses in those games but I think they'll do it.

2. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I hope your first sentence is a joke

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We're as soft if not softer than almost all of our upcoming opponents. I think 4 more wins is a long shot.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Why would it be? If we win out we likely made the playoffs after one of our most non competitive starts to a season ever.

You wouldn't want Gase around if he pulled that off???

5. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

No.
    You want a coach that can only compete against terrible teams? And as of right now we don't even know if that's true.
    IF we went to the playoffs (can't believe I'm even discussing this) what's the goal? We'll be playing against a good team likely one of the teams that made us look so non competitive in the first place.
    I admire your positivity but this team isn't going anywhere and Gase is not an asset to this franchise.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Bro. If we theoretically WON the REMAINDER OF OUR GAMES we would have beaten the Bills, Ravens, and Raiders as well as the lesser teams. It doesn't matter who you beat. If you win 9 in a row you did something right.

If we win 9 in a row and get our first playoff births in nearly a decade with fourth string linebackers, and three of the opening day offensive lineman out, yeah dude he worked a miracle.

7. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

Love the logic and your ability to remain perfectly logicical (inside the boundaries of a moon shot premise). If you gave me back Mosely, Hewitt, Beachum, Anderson, Herndon, and Kahil as the best versions of themselves - I'd take 1:500 odds in Vegas for the win out scenario. And IFF that happened, I'd like our chances in the playoffs too!

8. Jonathan_Vilma

There's a better chance we team Porky Pig as the coach with Wil-E Coyote as the general manager and win the Super Bowl with that pairing. But that still doesn't change the fact that if Gase wins out he's a good football coach and turned a dog shit of a season into a Filet Mignon.

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I don't care about wining out.

I don't care about this season.

I don't care about firing Gase.

All I care about is rehabbing Darnold. He is still shellshocked and suffering from the NE game. He has lost his pocket presence, his mobility, his ability to extend plays, his confidence and not surprisingly his mechanics and decision making have suffered.

I don't know the answer. He needs a reboot and to reset his mind and his confidence. The look on his face the last game was so disheartening.

In an ideal world I would love to win out, win the SB, fire Gase, be 40 years younger and win the lottery but right now I would just like to see our FQB recover mentally from the last two games and regain some confidence so we can start the off-season with some hope. That is all I want for Christmas Santa.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Darnold needed a reboot halfway through the season last year. Now he needs another one this year. maybe, maybe, he's just not good

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

While that's very possible...... the dude was getting mauled yesterday, and I'd guess having the big toetail smashed on your plant foot is going to affect your mobility

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah I mean, there's always an excuse for Darnold.

Maybe someday he will be 100% healthy so we can finally judge him based on his play without accounting for his foot, or his illness, or his spleen, or his toe, or his finger, etc. then I guess we can fully judge him for chucking up footballs without regard

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

That would be nice

BrowningNagle likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

https://www.forums.theganggreen.com...in-loss-predictions.92382/page-2#post-3823764

I predicted 2-6 to start anyway so we are right on schedule with my 8-8 season prediction lol

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

they need to lose out! i would sit sam, and make it clear that if you perform lousy, you sit.
    keep running guys in and out to find some guys who can play.
    cut or trade tremain johnson, kahlil, williamson, etc.
    some of these guys, including the oakland guard, are avilable for a reason: injury prone, over priced salaries, non production, etc.
    i would not have gicen up a 6th to the pats for an over the hill wr.
    remember when rex made the lunatic move of cutting danny westhead for some ravens reject?
    you praise his game performance then cut him for another over the hill player?

it is moves like this that have plagued this team since 1970, only minus a couple short terms under walt michaels, the tuna, and then rex.

16. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i went on record before the drfat that year to say that i did not want another usc qb.
    even putting aside sanchez, this guy reminds me of carson palmer. good plays followed by bonehead ones.
    so far, how is he any different than , say, jay cutler?

hope joe douglas rebuilds the o line first before this guy goes the same way of a guy like carr, who was shell shocked playing behind a bad line.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You also said Mayfield was your guy, and that isn't working out well either.

18. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I don't think we will win anymore games this season.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why even say something ridiculous like that? You and everyone else here knows that would never freaking happen.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO it's ridiculous to even talk about that eventuality, because we know that is NOT going to happen. Even if by some miracle it did, we'd get blown out in our first playoff game, and then next year it would be right back to the same old crap with Gase. No thanks.