Jets Jaguars Tickets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pereiro16, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Just giving a heads up to anyone who wanted to go to a game for a cheap price. Tickets are really cheap right now. As low as 35 dollars on stubhub. I just got 100 level seats for 110 dollars.

*My bad in advance if this is the wrong place to post this

2. Calikid

Calikid New Member

I still can't understand why Jet tickets are not more in demand.

3. HOI

HOI Active Member

1. They are too fucking expensive.

2. Getting in and out of that stadium sucks.

3. Old season ticket holders...the people who basically stayed with the team and bought tickets through all the shit 3 - 6 win seasons got fucked.

I usually go to one game a year...before I was married and had a kid I went to 4 or 5. This year the guy I buy tickets from is asking 165 each plus 25 for parking. So if me and a buddy go that $355 before I even leave the house. Add in gas, tolls, tailgate, its a $500 day. Could I afford it if I wanted to...sure I guess. But why?

I can sit on my couch....in front of my TV...piss in my own bathroom, drink my own beer that nots $8 a cup...not have to worry about drunk assholes...

Two years ago at the Jags game I had to stop this shit faced frat boy...not wearing a shirt of course...from attempting to fight my 60 year old step father. Why??...because my step father parked where security told him too and this dickhead felt is was too close to his fucking bean bag game. So he comes up to the truck and starts punching the window talking shit to a 60 year old man. Who the hell wants to spend $500 and deal with that bullshit?

I went to the opening night game last year vs the Ravens and I said I wouldnt be back too often. To me the new stadium sucks compared to the old one. Much less intimate... Shit Id say the place was probably 15-20% Ravens fans

#3 HOI, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, the advent of 55 inch TVs for barely over 1000 bucks has made going to games not what it once was...especially when you add in the other reasons you mention.

#4 Don, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  5. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Damn I wish I some extra money. Doesn't really matter that the 33 dollar tickets are in the nosebleeds. Getting in the building is all that counts. Is it hard to move up to better seats?

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's impossible, all sections are "guarded".

7. magic77

magic77 New Member

I wouldn't say that... When I have moved I just walk past the security guy when a group is going in. Just pretend you have been sitting there all along

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

its $9.75 a cup now

9. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

yea I'm thinking you could probably manage to make it the front of the top tier at least

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Just another reason why beer sucks!

11. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

friggin highway robbery. all this will lead to is more people getting ossified in the parking lot and more drunken fights earlier in the game, especially against rival opponents

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You nailed it pretty good, HOI. Couldn't have done better myself.

13. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Yea, the old stadium was better and way more affordable ticket wise. I went to the Jets Texans game last year and I was really disappointed in the lack of noise from the crowd; lots of empty seats and the seats that weren't empty were filled with the corporate types who never cheer. Not to mention even after the Jets won their were fights between Jet fans on the way out and in the parking lot smh.

14. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

If you get there when gates open, it's not bad. However, my friends made me 1.5 hours late for the opener and I sat in a parking lot of traffic, less than half a mile from the stadium, for over an hour.

Get there early and you're fine. Park near an exit and you're fine.

Everything else you said is pretty much spot on (except the beers are $9.75 and up). Also, the Green Bay game last year was far worse than the Baltimore opener; felt like we were the away team.

15. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Nah, you can do it but it's gotta be after halftime usually.

Me and my friend were sitting in 350 and we moved down to 116 row 15 or so (20 yard line). You just have to act like you belong there and the security guy won't give you shit. I was standing on the railing of the staircase down there pumping up the section and two or three security guys stopped me but still never asked to see my tickets. They were cool about it since I ribbed them for ruining the home field advantage.

Just don't try it in the first quarter or before the game starts.

16. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Not to mention you might get tazed! Hah. But seriously, you might.

With the amount of drunks, fights, poor seating and overpriced everything, I would rather stay in the comfort of my home. Hell, I don't even like going out to sports bars any more.

17. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I go once a year, and that one time is enough to have me swearing that I'll never do it again, until the next year. Getting there is a breeze, especially with us arriving early, tailgating etc. It's the leaving and heading back to Long Island that 's a pain in the ass. Do you realize that I could fly to Iceland in the same amount of time that it takes me to get back home, 70 miles away?

18. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I think we’re transitioning into in a new era of stadiums right now and the transition isn’t going as well as owners think. The transition is taking place in both the NFL and the NBA/NHL (same stadium usually), and the move is toward larger, luxury-oriented, more seating, and strategically placed club & premium seating. They are trying to appeal more to the corporate / white collar / club level seating crowd.

What’s happening is that the regular average joe fan isn’t really able to afford going to games any more. Are the stadiums and arenas better? No. But it’s going to take a while for owners to figure that out. With the prices of tickets so high, plus the lower price of high-def tvs, and the accessibility of game coverage on tv, we’re going to see the stadiums get emptier and emptier ever year…

I expect in another 10-15 years, we start seeing a new trend toward smaller stadiums with the mindset being geared toward making them louder, once owners realize that they’ve eliminated their home-field advantage. But it’s going to take a while.

19. Gator

Gator Active Member

I don't know about the 'more seating' part. Mets new stadium has less seating than Shea....Yankee Stadium less seating than the old one...Nets stadium has a little less...Marlins stadium a lot less. Stadiums are larger than the ones they replace but accomodate less people.

Edit: Ahhh..I see u didnt mention baseball stadiums

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The interesting thing about the new stadium is that it only holds a few thousand more people than Giants Stadium did. But the problem is, it's "pancaked" so badly that I think some of the football viewing may have actually been better in the old Shea (baseball) Stadium. It's certainly far worse than Giants Stadium was in terms of views, which, IMO, was a terrific stadium for watching live football.

I'm not sure you'll see a trend toward smaller stadiums in the future, but you may see a trend toward a more bowl-shaped stadium like Giants Stadium was. That doesn't mean the super-amenities have to disappear, it just means a better design.

Pricing is a huge issue now. There is a price point at which this stadium could sell out seasonally, but it certainly isn't where the numbers are now. I just don't understand how management thinks they'll make more money in ticket sales by pricing it off the charts and then having massive areas (like the Upper Deck) half vacant... which it surely will become in the 2012 season.

My prediction is that unless the Jets FO gets its head out of its ass (which is probably not going to happen before it's too late), the Upper Deck will be vacated big time to the point where only the first 8 rows or so will be seasonal ticket sales. The pricing needs to be somewhere around $100 for UD Prime and $75 for Rows 5-8. Rows 9-16 need to be priced at $60 and Rows 17-26 should be $35-40. That's what the market is telling the FO right now. The irony is, they'd make more money overall by adopting this pricing policy and could maybe even sell the place out. But oh no.

If the pricing remains as it is in the UD and the Jets should go into a slide for a period of time (say 6-10 or 4-12), my prediction is that the Upper Deck will become a vast, dark, uninhabitable wasteland. PSLs will be available for $.50 on the dollar. Oldtimers from the UD who are still willing to go to the games even though the prospect of winning is slim will be the only ones to step up to the PSLs (but only if the price is right), and the UD will become vacated completely by loyal Jets fans.

This will leave the unihabitable Upper Deck to hoards of invading warrior Dolphins, Ravens, Patriots and Raiders freaks running around with Tasers and other weapons looking for Jets fans to pummel and not being able to find any because they're all gone. Left to their own devices, the outraged, out-of-control mongrels will even attack vendors and turn on themselves if necessary to pick a fight. Even Security will not be able to venture up there and eventually the NJ National Guard will have to be sent into this combat zone to restore order and use force to evict opposing fans.