Jets interested in Jason Taylor (ESPN)?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I don't even know what to say about this...I just really hope it doesn't happen.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Just when I thought we shipped the last bitch out of the town in Sherry ...

3. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Hopefully it was a tongue-in-cheek joke Taylor made on radio that got misconstrued as fact. Right? Right??

4. Ten

Ten Active Member

If the price is right then I'd welcome him on this team.It would probably mean we're not drafting an OLB in the draft if we do get him.

5. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I don't give a shit as long as he helps the team. I'd still laugh at this though.

[​IMG]

6. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

i hope they sign him as he can help the defense as a pass rusher which is a big need

problem is they cant sign him unless he is willing to settle for 1.5 million which i doubt

7. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

I'm told by sources the Jets have been making a heavy pitch for Taylor for several weeks. He's just finally accepting it as a possibility.

- Jeff Darlington on Twitter

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Woooow. This could of been an April Fools joke.

I wonder if he does sign how the fans would respond at the games.

Eh if we do get him..it's better then Joey Porter atleast.

9. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I don't give a flying F who we sign, regardless of what they have ever said or done (regarding football, not rap sheets), if it helps this team win. This gives me a Bryan Cox sort of vibe. Whatever, we need another pass rusher. If he can swallow his pride by coming here, I'd accept him.

10. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

how the hell is this possible, our front office knows we hate him, and he hates us, i think he's even stated he would never play for the jets

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Yeah, but Cox was a dick to the Bills fans not us.

12. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Is it? I don't think so.

"They've had a lot of fun at my expense. I've had some fun at their expense at times. It's the times like this where you beat them and they just keep talking. They just keep going and they just don't know when to be quiet. You know, I've said a lot of things about Jets fans in the past and I'm sure at heart they're good people, most of them are good people."

"The Giants fans are a different type of people, just put it that way. There's a little more class on the Giants side and some Jets fans take the 'cl' out of class."

“I’ve had a lot of history saying bad things about Jets fans. The fireman hat guy and all of the people in New York that are Jets fans are not the ones that are working on Wall Street. I’ve said all of those things. So I’ve got to leave it at that.”

“[They'll be in Miami at the game], a bunch of them chanting their dumb-ass chant and all that other stuff, being the ignorant fans they are. I said it. I don’t care if they get mad at me or not. They don’t like me anyway. Quite frankly, I don’t care … I’m just being real. I’m telling the truth. You carry yourself with some class, and we’ll talk about you as if you’ve got class. If you want to act crazy and do all the crazy things they do, I’ll call a spade a spade.”

Yeah, you guys go ahead and root for this guy. I sure as fuck won't.

13. Give Tanny this....he builds this team 100% free of emotion. Obviously, like everyone else I have mixed feelings about this. Taylor has been enemy # 1 for a long time now. He is the face of our biggest rival and has gone out of his way in the past to antagionize the organization and fanbase.

W/ that said...I think he could be a good addition IF he's only coming in as a situational pass rusher. When fresh and in the right scheme..he is still a ferocious guy off the edge. But I think he'd be a downgrade as a starter from Pace or Bt.

14. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

I root for sacks and wins, I could care less what he thought about the Mangini Jets

15. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Dude, WTF? Is there really no possibility to get an impact rush OLB at 29? I don't care if he (JT) never saw the field, that would rub me the wrong way daily. Tanny does his due diligence to allow us to more truly go BPA I know, but really..screw that.

I haven't said the word bitch directed at anyone else more in my life than this tool bag. No one has been a bigger loser with a bigger ego since I've been watching football. Except maybe vanderjagt. The Jets don't shouldn't bring in any turn-coats.

16. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Those were quotes about the fans.

17. ganggreen51

ganggreen51 New Member

i dont know if i hate any one more than jason taylor

18. skipper

skipper Member

Can he still play? That's the only question worth asking. In this era of hired guns none of what happened last year is worth thinking about. Was he a dick? Yeah. Would I like to have someone who can add to the team's sack total? Double yeah. If he comes to us he would probably be a thorn in the side of the fish, and I like that.

19. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

he made 1.5mill last year.

20. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

I honestly don't think we sign the guy. I don't think he'll settle for the amount we have to give him and for most of us Jet fans that is a good thing. I hate the guy just as much as you guys. The only way I root for him is if he comes up huge in our games vs Miami. Then I could cheer for the guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.