Jets in best position among AFC rebuilding teams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SigmaXJet, Jul 24, 2006.

1. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

ha care to explain

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

What I mean is if we are rebuilding, doesn't it make sense to have the pick of the '07 draft to do it with? Finishing 8-8 and picking 16th is OK, but finishing 3-13 and picking 1st overall is very much better (for a rebuilding team). THEREFORE, We should: Start Clemens, get a tough year under his belt, get valuable rythem between Clemens and the new OL (and receivers), then take the top '07 draft pick in every round, and come back as the team to beat. You know I'm right. It's OK to say it.

3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

tomorrow is not guaranteed

4. GreenMachine

I have said this before, but just keep saying this out loud. Like Stuart Smalley, you will feel great with your daily affirmations.

[​IMG]

5. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Jets are defintely not in better position than raiders. Neither are Browns. Thats a JOKe. (maybe Mangini wrote that article)
    1. Raiders young Oline is further along than Jets young oline
    2 Raiders have alot more at skill positions than Jets
    3. Raiders have gotten there young inexperience players alot of playing time(jets will attempt to do that this year)
    4 Raider players know scheme they will be running , jets players will be learning two new schemes. .
    5.Raiders QB situation in alot better shape than jets.
    6 Raiders have a more proven pass rush than Jets.
    7. Raiders are going to have one of the fastest defenses in all of football;.
    8 Raiders have a way more experience coaching staff.

6. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Your the Man. NJRaider, Love the fact that Mangini( the Writer) gives the jets major kudos for having hindsight to built through the OLINe. Yet dosen't mention that Jets, were following the AL davis blueprint of 2004.
    You can question if Ferguson and Mangold will have the better career , than gallery and Grove, but theres no way that is the case next year. case in point, reports from minicamp was Ferguson and Mangold head were spinning)
    Jets have a coach staff just out of preK, players have to learn two new schemes, Missing some serious parts on both sides of ball, have major questions at QB, WR and RB, don't have a proven pass rush and last tough for Jet coaches to enforce 11 oclock team curfew, when there bed time is at 9:00 pm.

7. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

You mean they have better skill postition players then jets, and how is your QB situation better then ours? You have a QB that failed with Joe Horn and Stallworth atleast our #1 has showd us he can be good when he's not hurt. Also just because you have one of the fastest defenses doesn't mean it is faster than ours so that doesn't really go against us.

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Well, it worked for the Raiders, didn't it?

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

All in-conference smacktalking aside, I think it's a bit of a reach to place to the front of that list a team with the youngest and technically the most inexperienced coaching staff, a new 'non-football guy' GM, and a team that has just started rebuilding and has 2 projected rookie starters on their O-line and a number of other ?s on both side of the ball at impact positions, plus new schemes on both sides of the ball... must I go on?

These things are realities, and as much as I like to see hope in the offseason, you have to temper it with reality. The Jets are a long shot right now. But that doesn't mean they aren't going to do it.

10. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

How is Raiders Qb situation Better than Jets? Lets see there no questions about ABrooks health? When was the last time Chad Pennington was healthy? Has he ever played a full season(16 games) ABrooks has made mistakes but put up some decent numbers. (playing with better talent with Raiders+ more talented Oline) Raiders QBs are playing with raiders recievers, compare to Jets QB playing with jet WRS. Now which QB going to look better.

P Ramsey hasn't done anything in NFL. A Walter was a better Qb in Pac10 than K Clemens. (ask any pac 10 coach who was the more impressive QB)

Raiders have a way faster defense than jets its not even close.
    Lets look at IT . Secondary- Its not even close. Not only are those guys young,and big, but might be fastest secondary in football. N asomugha 6'2 212 4.45 F washington 5'10 185 4.27(fastest time at 2005 combine) NCB S routt 6'1 195 4.28(Second fastest time at 2005 combine) FS S schweigert 6'2 210 sub 4.5
    Ss M huff 6'1 205 4.34 SUb D gibson 6'3 215 4.4
    WLB Thomas Howard 6'3 240 4.4 MLB K morrison 6'1 235 4.72 Sam williams 6'5 265 4.57 Subs (Bing and R thomas are both 4.5 guys, D Clark 6'2 250 4.8)
    DLine LDE D burgess( NFL sack leader a speed rusher) LDT Tom Kelly 6'6 305 4.81 W Sapp RDe T brayton 6'6 285 4.72 Raiders Dline might change by start of seasobn as they have alot of options.
    If Iwas picking dline Mine would be LDE TOM Kelly 6'6 305 4.81 LDT T Sands 6'7 345 sub 5/ Rashad moore 6'3 325 RDT W sapp 6'1 310 RDE D Burgess 6'2 267

#30 Raiderjoe, Jul 24, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  11. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Thanks for stating the most overrated stats in all of football.

40 times are nice, but there have been so many players who timed a slow 40 that go on to excel and others that have a fast 40 but suck. This is football, not a track meet.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, hardly anyone here cares about the 40 times, whether we are talking about Jets players or Raiders players.

13. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

You are correct about forty timers- see bryan Thomas.
    The only thing I said was raiders would have one of the fastest defenses in football. Jet fan was wrong to claim jets defense was faster. WE will see how effective raiders defense(with all that speed) is this year. (thats only thing that matters )
    YES speed is not a criteria for a great defense, but if those players can play and possess speed than lookout.

Okay forget forty Time, On obvious passing downs, can you put a better better pass rush out there than raiders . LDe D burgess LDT T Kelly RDT W sapp and RDE L Johnstone.

#33 Raiderjoe, Jul 24, 2006
  14. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Comeon thats not true. How many time on this board Jet fan have talked up bryan Thomas speed.(that speed has given them hope that he can make sucessful move top Olb) The guy just not a very good pass rusher.

#34 Raiderjoe, Jul 24, 2006
  15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Let's see if Winslow can restrain himself from riding his Big Wheel into the lockerroom first.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Usually tackling comes into play when talking about defenses. That's just me though. :rolleyes: A bunch of track sprinters don't do shit if they can't tackle, cover or rush.

Granted the pass rush is decent, but I've heard Raiders fans on other boards saying that Burgess is a good pass rusher but he is similar to Abraham in that they get a lot of sacks in meaningless situations.

Bryan Thomas ran a 4.47 in the 40, and 1.6 in the 10. That's incredible for an end. He has all the measureables to be a nasty rush backer. So I'm not sure what you're talking about but he had an awesome 40 and hasn't panned out quite yet. Of course I'm saying this loosely, but he's all too similar to Shawne Merriman out of college. Really hasn't been pushed and hasn't been put at a better position for him. He's a good run stopper, average pass rusher. Everydown action will help him.

17. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i think he meant that if they start ol noodle arm at qb, we're guaranteed another top 5 draft pick.:shit: :mad:

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle noodle

19. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Very nice avatar, parafly!

20. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

I'm sorry but the whole noodle arm thing is one of the corniest names I've ever heard. You're pretty much retarded if you say that.

P.S. I'm not calling anyone out because alot of people do it....it's just retarded.