Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyJETS0511, Mar 1, 2012.
Maybe he has a thing for vaguely female-shaped blobs of makeup.
two things to start. First of all since I frequently disagree with you, ftr here i agree with you, but
Second - normally I would think it pointless to make a firm prediction until sometime in pre-season. Best point to do so is roughly after the second pre-season game. Even a prediction before camp starts but after the draft can be subject to change based on signings right up to opening day, not to mention how question mark players do in pre-season, and the impact of possible dreaded injuries.
But, if one instead takes into account the bolded part above, I would have to think it virtually certain the Jets will be in that stil somewhat broad range of your prediction. Still, even assuming the bold part, the range is necessary in light of the factors alluded to above. So, yours is a very fair prediction.
The "moves made to date" part is another way of saying this many years under the bridge with this FO in place, we have a pretty good basis for predicting that they will probably be ineffective in filling all necessary holes to be competitive. My assumptions include:
- Schotty's leaving will bring no material improvement to the results.
- Sanchez will remain as Qb and remain an underperforming presence at the most important position on the team. Along with this, the team will not seek to upgrade the #2 Qb position. I am optimistic about McElroy, but there's not enough there yet to count on any upgrade this year.
- One, perhaps two, of OLB, safety, #2 wr and RT will not be adequately filled. The good news is probably two, perhaps three, will be, but there will still be at least a couple of holes remaining in the starting lineup, added to the already marginal performers at RB, LG, TE an overall slow LB corps and the need to really replace two safeties, not just one.
- Needs on special teams for a new punter and probably a new kicker will not both be addressed.
- RB will see no upgrade.
- TE will be a real source of issues here, since I doubt they trade Keller, who will be a bad fit for Sparano's offense. Expect much teeth gnashing.
- While Tanny may well avoid the draft trade up trap, although he is far from certain to do so, they will make at least two picks for players who end up being underperformers, or "projects" in the generous verbiage used by Tanny fans.
Still, there will be enough improvements here and there to avoid a total collapse, and there is certainly some reason to think another 8-8 season is in their grasp. Even getting two of a new AND BETTER #2 wr, RT, safety and a new, faster OLB will be a big help, three would make 8-8 more realistic.
Best I can do.
Well since this will be year 2 of a another 10 year rebuilding plan which will make it 53 years without a SB I will guess 4-12 :sad:
agreed 12 + wins and in the superbowl in 2013 see yall in new orleans. Have some faith people.
Dude, this is a message board, not a church.
Why make a thread like this when we don't even know how the FA or draft is going to turn out? Obviously its just another piss poor excuse to bash the Jets and claim sky is falling. What a waste of a post.
Hey, here's a good question.
HOW MANY WINS in 2015?? Now's a good time as any to predict. I see 14 wins in 2015.
just being optimistic. not preaching anything my dude. no church here just a fan wanting wins. Thats why they play the game
There's way too many negative nancy Jet fans. It's really getting old. FA hasn't even begun and they are already looking to find ways for the Jets to fail in 2012.
Without even reading a post...
My Prediction and opinion on this team is EXACTLY where it was last year at this time... Why should I be like the media and predict Super Bowl last year and Disaster this year??
talent wise and experience wise, THIS team is ahead of last year IMO....
I predicted 9 Wins last year hoping to nab 1 or 2 more for a playoff spot...
And here I am today saying the same exact thing....
Our QB singlehandedly gave away 3 or 4 wins last year. Despite what's going on around him, Sanchez simply can't be giving up the ball as many times as he did. INEXCUSEABLE. If we get better play from Sanchez we should be a 10 win team ... and I believe he will play better in year four under a new OC.
You can be as optimistic as you choose to be. I have no problem whatsoever with that. When the spirit moves me I can be optimistic about things, too. Even the Jets sometimes.
But my point was a different one. You do realize that posting optimistic projections here doesn't really make it more likely that the Jets will do better than if you did not, right?
Well we need at least an A- draft grade this year with 3-4 potential starters. no big splashes in FA and several need areas. when a team is in that kind of spot they have to revert to good ole fashioned drafting.
if we come away with a maybe starter on day one and a couple day 2 projects and thats all - run for the hills cause it wont be pretty next year.
18-0!!!11! Jets are on such a streak they play two extra games just to rub it in everyone's faces bitches!1!!!
I'm shocked you think this team can win 4 games.
There rebuilding for the umteeth time in the last 43 years & when U rebuild losing is part of that drill :sad:
I predict a return to the playoffs.
Won't get more specific than that until after the draft and free agency.
Which 3 or 4? In Miami where the defense gave up a 73 play, 600 yard drive? In Denver where we led with little time to go and no qb on the other team? In Oakland or against new England where special teams fumbled the games away? In Baltimore where there were zero plays that Sanchez was given as many as three seconds to throw?
I question your definition of single-handedly. There were poor performances all over the field in all our losses.
As we will probably not be worse off on any of the elements of the team, i should predict a 9-7 floor.
- coaching cannot be worse, probably tighter
- QB, Sanchez will improve, i am not a fan, but i think he will progress as he has done every year
- Oline, the same or better, as pretty much the same people with less injuries
- WR - probably a thad better but only by effort not talent
- TE - difficult to say
- Dline - same-ish?
- OLB - better after draft
- MLB - probably worse
- Safety - difficult to say
- CBs - same
- Special team - probably the same after westhoff gets to rebound
All in all, do see them top 8-8 but not by much, it is wildcard or not this year again.
We aren't rebuilding. Where do people get this nonsense? Yes, we have holes to fill, but so does every team, and all of our best players are staying and a lot of our young guys are looking to be great down the road.