Jets head coach 2015?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rockinz, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Because I believe they both can coach. Both of their season's went south when their QB's started playing like crap. When Golson played well and limited the turnovers they went to the BCS Championship Game, and Sumlin entered the SEC and became a beast immediately taking on LSU, Auburn and Alabama. I also like the makeup of both of their teams (tough defense, big strong OL) that translate into success in the NFL. I think both of these guys can be good coaches in the NFL.

2. AZ_JetsFan

AZ_JetsFan Member

Not a Sumlin fan, however go read articles of Brian Kelly's coaching style and methods. It's very impressive and I think its the kind of culture change needed around here. As far as his record this year. Notre Dame isn't what it used to be. They aren't gonna compete for national championships every year. Its rather impressive that Kelly even got them that far two years ago. He's a good coach. He's proven that everywhere he's been.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

He's the only big name coach available anyway ,so other then him there really isn't anyone who is gonna excite the entire fanbase,It would be a better move then a first time head coach like Rex,Manini,Herm .Id really like Woody to offer him as much as possible

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The last thing we need right now is a "college coach experiment" Besides chip kelly I can't name one coach who came out of college and made a huge impact.Its gonna be a oc ,dc or a veteran head coach there's zero chance we sign a coach out of college with no NFL experience

5. AZ_JetsFan

AZ_JetsFan Member

Jim Harbaugh and Pete Carroll beg to differ. Then you add Chip Kelly and that is 3 coaches in the last 4-5 years who have had success. Perhaps its a trend. Maybe the difference between the pro game and college game isn't as huge as it used to be.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i used to be against college coaches. but with the team we have now, a college coach might be the better option. we need a teacher, the team is young and a college coach might be able to get more out of them.

7. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Kelly would be a good option..

But it doesn't matter who is coaching the Jets next season, people will still piss and moan about how we are run..

8. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

so are we not even going to try and get harbaugh?? what a joke if we aren't

Jake likes this.
  9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

There's only two great college coaches who have proven they can turn around programs and be number ones: Sabin (who was unsuccessful in the NFL) and Urban Meyer. I'm not saying there aren't other great college coaches who could be successful in the NFL. The question is which ones. I'd at least interview the OC with the Broncos. Not Roman though whose been ripped a lot by press and fans in SF for (we've heard this before) an unimaginative offense.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah I read some speculation that Woody won't even consider Harbaugh because he didn't like his interview in 09. Obviously speculation, but wow.