Jets Have Said They Wanna Bring Back Braylon Edwards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Dude where do you get this can't lead block opinion?

You will be eating crow on Conner come January 2013. He is set for a big role in this man blocking scheme and he is going to shine.

What we really need is a Split End to run the long routes, pull safeties off of Holmes and Keller, and block down field when our RB's get to the second level. Look at Sanchez number of 40+ yard plays in 09 and 10: 8 and 10, 2011? 3.

Hopefully, Braylon can be this guy.

I feel like I'm saying hopefully a lot this offseason.

2. RocklandJetsFan17

RocklandJetsFan17 New Member

I'd love to see the Jets drop this Peyton crap and go get Braylon, sign any RT not named Hunter and focus on LB, S and the pass rush with whatever is there in free agency and the draft. That is the key to winning.

3. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I keep hoping for more news on this. I'm totally on board with Braylon.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Circling back here, my context in noting it is partly that LT is leaving and Greene is not a very good receiver. If you add in that neither is Connor, that's why I thought it worth mentioning. Powell? McKnight? Who else is going to help out catching out of hte backfield?

Of course I realize FB's usually are not a big part of the passing game. The point here is neither do any of hte RB's seem likely to be, either.

5. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I think we got a little bit spoiled with LT’s receiving abilities, to be honest. LT has some of the best hands of a RB out there. The guy is a great runner and a great receiver. Shonn Greene is a pretty average RB to be honest. I like McKnight’s potential, and I like how he seems to be making big improvement steps every year. Is Greene + McKnight the answer? I don’t think so, not yet… and that’s probably why the Jets are eyeing Trent Richardson with our pick, but I seriously doubt he’ll be available when we’re up.

6. swomiak

swomiak Banned

:pats_suck: