Jets Have Said They Wanna Bring Back Braylon Edwards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

tanny shit on bray bray.

tanny 'rewarded' his game, his run blocking, his passion, his back flips, with "don't let the door hit ya in the pussy on the way out".

fast forward to 2012:

"we really want you back".

"fuck you all. die in a fire".

2. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

braylon has every right to feel that way, but i definitely think he wants back in.

3. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I don't think he will get much interest from other teams, so him coming here should be an easy sign as long as Tanny doesn't screw shit up like last year

4. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

This tweet suggests otherwise :

5. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Sounds like he'll come and play if the price is right, no surprise there. Just not sure what his idea of the right price is exactly.

If we want to risk Braylon at a cut rate it would make it a lot easier to grab TRich without worrying about depth issues if he falls to us which is looking more and more likely, (or another big time non-OLB/WR that is never left on the board when the Jets pick in current mocks). Braylon is less valuable to us if Upshaw/Ingram aren't there and we want to trade back to get 3 picks in first 2 rounds and hopefully cash them into starting WR/OLB/S.

6. Braylon4ever

I don't think Braylon is in ANY position to negotiate at this point. Hardly any team wanted him last offseason(however shortened it was) and he had his best year(and a half?), since that one year in Cleveland, with the Jets.

I think Tanny is in the driver's seat here.

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We have limited resources and an inefficient QB. We should spend our resources on Safeties, OL and running back first. If Braylon is cheap enough fine but he is low on the list of priorities.

If I'm the Pats and have a highly efficient QB for a couple of years, get him weapons he can use them. Sanchez is a work in progress and until he proves he can get the most out of weapons in the passing game we aren't getting a big enough bang for the dollar. Use the resources in areas we will get maximum benefit defense and the running game.

Also is anyone convinced that we don't need a full back and a running back? A full back who can block and take a swing pass might do more for our passing game than Edwards. Conner is to one dimensional to have a roster spot. Greene and McNight haven proven they can stay on the field let alone carry the load.

#107 Biggs, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  8. Braylon4ever

Any full-backs who can block and take a swing pass out there in FA that will come CHEAP? If so, then by all means.....

Otherwise, get Braylon back. He may be low as far as priorities in your book but considering how Successful Mark was when Braylon was there for him to throw to, I think he's a bit higher on the Jets priority list than you would expect.

Sure they'll go for Defense first but after that, I think that, health permitting, Braylon is back and then(if desired) they can also draft a WR for the long-term.

9. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I am just not comfortable with Holmes, Kerley, and Turner as our WR core.
    It reminds me of a less consistent and probably less talented Moss/Coles. Our passing attack was much more of an asset when we had a guy who could get behind a defense, who pulled safeties away from Holmes.

And no, I do not think we need to replace Conner. I posted in the combine thread about him but I guess it got buried beneath the "is it Sanchez or the rest of the offense" discussions. I think that with the shift to man blocking, Conner's strengths and thus his efficacy in the offense will improve. He will be responsible for finding his assignment and to be the final push in creating a hole when he's in there. If there's one thing he's good at, that we've seen since Hard Knocks, is finding a guy and destroying him.

He's not fast and he's doesn't have great hands, but we haven't asked him to do much. Maybe he can improve in pass-catching, it is going to only be his 3rd year. I don't think it's out of the question to project a guy will get better at catching, as it's mostly a concentration thing. I feel he is going to see an increase in PT in his main role and he will be damn good at it. And by all accounts he is a good guy, with a strong work ethic. I think we were spoiled by Tony Richardson, Jerald Sowell and Richie Anderson.

Wouldn't be against drafting RB, as long as the rest of the offseason allows for it.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

With all the hype for Conner, he is a player that barely deserves a roster spot. The running game hasn't flourished and he has been a liability for a young QB who desperately needs a Full back who can be on the field in 3rd and short situations where either a run or a pass option is available.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's hard to go there with the fans. I tried to point out that Conner isn't a particularly good player a couple of weeks ago and I got buried in the Jets hype in the process.

The Jets only have 4 players on the offensive side of the ball who are good in the run game right now: Mangold, Moore, Greene and Sanchez. Woody and T-Rich were both great in the run game but they're gone. Braylon was decent but he's gone. The Jets are essentially a hollow team in the run game right now and that's why the rushing attack has become so inconsistent.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Conner graded out as the 7th best FB in the league last year, which is better than Richardson did the year before. He's never going to be a Richie Anderson type FB, but he's good at what he does.

13. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

A fullback is a fullback.

14. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Mangold was the only offensive lineman to grade out positively in the run game. Even Moore, who was solid as a pass protector, was well below average on running plays. How much of that is related to playing next to Hunter is the variable, but even still, he didn't have a strong year.

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Conner for all his hype probably is to one demensional to deserve a roster spot.

As far as the O I think you are vastly under rating D'Brick and vastly over rating Greene who can't stay on the field when he delivers a hit to a LB.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

What does he do? If it's third and three and he can't take a swing pass he can't be on the field in a running/passing situation.

He doesn't have to be Richie Anderson but he has to be able to be on the field in a either or situation and be able to take a swing pass in the flat and catch the ball when he isn't covered.

17. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Cardinals LT Levi Brown will become a free agent and hit the open market, according to a league source. Brown was the fifth overall pick in the 2007 NFL Draft. In five seasons, the 27-year-old has started 75 games.

I say we take him see if he or brick can play RT. I know brick did in pro bowl

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He's a lead blocker.

19. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

sorry for getting off topic saw others did so figured why not. Also I have edwards back ASAP!! get some hope going for this team we have alot of work to do!

20. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

As weird as this sounds, I think having Braylon back might be good for the locker room. The team did great during the 2 years he was with the team, and he’s no longer a young player.