Jets have informed Wilson that he will be traded....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Dec 9, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

lol I don't think you understand what logic and emotion are.
    nobody is discussing all facts, they are cherry picking his mistakes and ignoring anything positive done. that is only done out of emotion to prove a point.
    a reasonable discussion would be using all the moves made by him over his 4 off seasons the good and bad and basically doing a pro and cons list and seeing where it lies but nobody wants to do that because it takes thought and it's not just emotional vomit you can release to feel better

cval likes this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I rest my case

3. GasedAndConfused

lol what case is that. all you are doing is proving my point. you are using feelings to decide. well i think we overpaid and therefor we did. with 0 account for the nfl economy/market which is a factual thing

4. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I love how if anyone goes at you, it's an emotional response. As a regular guy, I call it breaking balls. I'm fucking with you Ted!

BrowningNagle and SOJAZ like this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

not at me, but at the team yes. how much shit have we seen slung at players all the time? remember when everyone wanted ulbrich fired after year 1? remember 3 weeks ago woody was forcing us to start zach and we should start boyle because he can't be worse? it's all emotional responses to trauma and this franchise has traumatized it's fans for decades so I get it, but it does make us as a fanbase look really bad and dumb and really hurts any discussion to be had about the team.

6. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

With all due respect, I would say its marginally better then bad. 25-54 is not a reasonable record by any streach of the imagination or in your case "reasonableness." I will not rehash the litney of misses he has had in his 4.5 years, I think 5, but what the hell... Parcells said it the best, "you are what your record says you are." By the way, only took Bill a couple of years to get to Chanmpionship game...

Ralebird, BrowningNagle and Borat like this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

nobody said our record is good. I said the idea of blaming a single person for everything when it takes a team of 80ish players including PS and a coaching staff of another dozen or so and a FO of a handful it's damn near 100 people in the organization that makes a team work. and obviously some play a much bigger part then others. you have to look at what part they played and the ups and downs.
    your example doesn't help though considering bill also failed to miss the playoffs the following year because he lost his QB and then completely mishandled the backup situation. had he not pulled tupa that 1st game and if he went to lucas earlier then he did we probably make the playoffs. we also had a really healthy o-line and a HOF RB.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That person (general manager) literally picks the players, the coaches and the "damn near 100 people" involved though. How can they be used as an excuse for him? makes no sense

9. GasedAndConfused

if you hire damn near 100 people, you're bound to have a bad one here and there. i'm not sold on saleh and hackett personally but again being bad is a team effort. we seen what we can do with the talent we have last week. alot of the way the offense has ran even with the injuries was due to bad gameplanning from saleh and hackett. the decision to play "win by defense and field position" was a bad one and cost us quote a few games. even with that you can sitll acknowledge that a backup QB and backup o-line makes everyone's job tougher. had rodgers not get hurt, we don't play this ultra conservative nonsense. a team is he sum of it's whole. we clearly have talent and an elite D and thats because of JD. it's funny how nobody seems to mention the d-line he built out of almost nothing. he extended Q, found JFM off waivers and extended him, signed low tier FA DTs like thomas and jefferson, found huff as an UDFA. his 1st rounders spent haven't even really kicked in that much on the lines success currently. just JJ this year. in the back 7 he found echols as a late pick (who is a starter on many teams), signed reed as a mid tier guy who's played like a top 20 CB, drafted sauce 4th overall who's been a top 5 CB since day 1, drafted MC2 in the 5th who's a top nickel back, found quincy on waivers and extended him who's playing at a pro bowl level, found adams as an UDFA who's been solid as a starter but lets forgot all that because he didn't have 5 pro bowl OTs in case 4 got hurt lol

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That's very hard to read with a giant block of text, quotations that aren't actual quotes, grammatical errors, and many acronyms.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

In the olden days, we called that a giant block of shit that no one wants to read.

Ralebird, NY Jets68 and abyzmul like this.
  12. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

It does help because he did it in 2 years, we have yet to get to the PO with JD anRS. Also, the GM and HC are responsible period. If there is dysfun
    There are many here who have given kudos to JD for his efforts; however that doesn't absolve him of his failure relative to the OL. Indeed, he is the one who stood up during the 1st press conf and stated he would build a dominate OL and DL... he has for the D but not for the O so please call a spade a spade... his efforts have failed, irrespective of his attempts.

Borat likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

i know it is for you. but you tried so A+ for effort

14. GasedAndConfused

its a paragraph lol. have we really come to the point that as a society anything more then 1 sentence is "too much"

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Apparently we've come to the point that speaking like an illiterate monkey is acceptable.

16. GasedAndConfused

and I understand the success isn't there. the issue that people ignore is when you walk into a fucked up situation, you have to stabilize before you can really build. we've been a bad team for over a decade before JD ever touched us and the team as a whole was just in piss poor shape. his 1st year was after the draft and FA so not much he can do. he was saddled with bad contracts, lack of talent at any position really, and a new head coach and failing draft pick. 2020 was his 1st year but we all knew gase was a lame duck head coach. the QB didn't progress and he had to shed off contracts and start building for the lame head coach. it wasn't until 2021 he got a real start and the situation most GMs walk into. pick your coaching staff, pick your players have some cap room and assets. so 2021 was really the start of building the current team. 2 years later we were considered SB contenders until we lost our QB 4 snaps into the season. even with that we were still finding ways to win ugly 7 games in but the injuries piled up. what that tells me is the team clearly has talent. the D is stacked better then it's been since 2010. the offense needs work still but we have the best RB/WR duo we've had in who knows how long. we traded for a HOF QB. the TE group is best it's been in a while. sure we have holes but the roster improvement is very noticeable. and it's young talent not overpaying for big names on short term deals (outside of rodgers) most of our best players are 25 and under

and nobody is saying he doesn't deserve some criticism for that. all i'm saying is it's really hard to judge his efforts due to freak injuries. I mean even this year the line when it was mostly healthy was playing well. becton,tomlinson,CMG,tippman,AVT made a good looking o-line. had they been able to play all year we may be saying "wow this o-line looks really good" so thats why it's hard to judge. MM before him spent 0 picks in the 1st or 2nd on lineman and never brought in any top tier FAs either. his thought process was you can find lineman late in the draft, but we never did. JD in his 4 offseasons has spent 2 1sts, a 2nd, and signed the top OG one offseason, the 2nd best OC one off season, and a mid tier guy in fant who played well. he's put in the effort and resources it's just been hard to judge if it worked. we've had 11 different starting o-lines in 13 games nobody can account for that. Sometimes shit just happens. remember last year in the NFC championship game when SF ran out of QBs and had to put an injured purdy back in who couldn't throw so they just handed it off every play and conceded a trip to the SB? they didn't even get as much shit for that form their fans. imagine what would be said here if that happened to us?

17. GasedAndConfused

didn't realize this is a college essay. it's a casual forum dude. get over it.

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What a shame that we can't attribute his best season to him.

Borat likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

it's irrelevant how it went.

20. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I know the difference between logic and emotion. Thank you for another emotional response tho

Not sure what kind of facts you want to be discussed? Great Joe D moves Bryce Huff, JFM, DJ Reed. Poor Joe D Moves: ZW, Greg Van Roten, Denzel Mims

Is that what you want a breakdown of haha. You will then go into how Denzel Mims was a better fit for Adam Gase's offense and that's why Joe Douglas drafted him and go into your usual holistic NFL tangent since you're reasonable and not emotional(I can be emotional too!)

You want to debate each move in 4 1/2 and why it was made and or why it didn't work to come to an ultimate conclusion that leads us to the 25-54 record.

Going into the offseason with (2)? at OT- to you is emotional vomit.

Joe D has gotten a pass for 4 years from this entire fan base and the National Media. Its fair that pressure has increased and his seat has gotten warmer.

We're rooting for the same thing. I hope he gets it together next year and learns from his mistakes(Mistakes to most fans) or there is a strong possibility he will be rightfully be fired.

Borat likes this.