Jets Have Agreement To Acquire Raiders G Kelechi Osemele

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CotcheryFan, Mar 10, 2019.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Sam, you’re complaining about a 5th???

Maccagnan, if he drafted OL, would have done it in the 4th or 5th round pursuant to his draft philosophy (best bargains in draft are mid-round OL).

Can’t hate on this bud.

I think this means we’re out on Jonah and in on Edge or NT in the draft with the 3rd pick (or first rounder if we trade down).

Also heard on NFL radio today Jonah is being projected as an NFL guard, not LT. So this would knock him out of a top ten pick, IMO.

Sorry for randomness, day drunk.

egelband and Brook! like this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So this guy although a different
    I dont trust Mac at all he has shown me zilch when it comes to building the O line------and I am in show me mode. If you guys are saying this guy can play I will give the benefit of the doubt but I am still licking wounds from the likes of Ryan Clady.

NYJetsO12 and tomdeb like this.
  3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Your PFF had Josh Allen rated higher than Sam Darnold and yet whose report card would you rather have?

25. JOSH ALLEN, BUFFALO BILLS
    Overall Grade: 65.5
    Allen’s legs saved him from an otherwise troublesome rookie season.
    His turnover-worthy play rate from a clean pocket (4.35) was the worst in the NFL in 2018, and his
    overall turnover-worthy play rate (4.69%) was good for third-worst.

26. SAM DARNOLD, NEW YORK JETS
    Overall Grade: 64.7
    Darnold finished the month of December with a 90.1 overall grade, which bodes well for the Jets’ future. He battled rookie growing pains and injury early in the season, which ultimately drove his grade down to an irreparable figure regardless of how well he played in December, but his increased big-time throw rate and improved play under pressure down the stretch is still a positive sign to cling to moving forward.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Oakland fans must not be impressed with 1st team All Pro or must not have watched the NFL video clip evaluation of Osemele that someone posted where his teammates and opposing players were speaking highly of him.

CBG likes this.
  5. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

It’s 2019.......2016 was 3 years ago. I think right now he’s living off what he did in Baltimore and should be judged on what he currently is.......a player on a serious decline.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

PFF doesn't weight passing grades higher than running grades. That's why Allen's grade is higher.

7. BuffaloBills06

All I see is 2 rookie QB’s with no weapons.

You guys are giddy about trading for a player that has been on the decline the past 2 seasons.

8. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

this is a fantastic deal. Fills a huge need. Played 11 games last year though and 14 the year before. If healthy it's solid. Also-he has ZERO guaranteed dollars on his contract so if you cut him it's just a cap hit for the year. Two years left on his contract.

9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

His situation around him didn’t exactly help him I wouldn’t put too much stock into that metric in this case or any case for anything on that offense

10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#NFLHOTStove</a></p>&mdash; Chad Forbes (@NFLDraftBites) <a href="">March 10, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async

11. BuffaloBills06

JJ Watt made the top 100 at #35 after missing 11 games and no sacks in 2017.......dude it’s about what you’ve done in the past.

The guy was a stud OG his first 4 seasons.......his last 2 have been below average. You guys currently aren’t getting an all pro OG.......your getting one on the decline. 2019 is a make or break year for him.....if he continues his decline the Jets will have no choice but to cut him.

egelband likes this.
  12. BuffaloBills06

So Chad Forbes knows more than the other 31 GM’s around the NFL. His value isn’t much because of his contract and his production.

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Am I missing something? Where did I hate on this?

14. NCJetsfan

No one thinks he a long term solution. He's a short term fix. He'll certainly be an upgrade over Carpenter, and if he can stay healthy is better than any other OG in FA not named Saffold.

15. NCJetsfan

In decline, he's still better than anyone else out there, and he'll be a huge upgrade over Carpenter or Quinton Spain if the Jets had signed him instead. If he's not very good in 2019 or can't stay healthy, the Jets can cut him with no dead money. He may even renegotiate his contract downwards in exchange for some guaranteed money.

16. BuffaloBills06

See this assessment I can agree with. I see no issues with kicking the tires on this guy......hell we did the same with Incognito and it worked out perfectly. I just don’t see how you can still call this a guy a stud OG after his past 2 seasons ......I’d take more of a wait and see approach.

egelband and Brook! like this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Why in gods name are we feeding the Bills troll? He watched his team sign our god awful castoff C/G and us upgrade. He has to get his trolling yaya’s out and he’s doing it to you guys.

K'OB, ukjetsfan and FJF like this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well you are 100% right. If you posted above message as your first message on topic you wouldn't see the reaction you are seeing now. Some side effects of writing on an opposing fan forum I guess. :)

PS: You made your point. Would appreciate if you refrained from getting into it with Jet fans on this topic.

K'OB likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

I don't think he's just being a troll. He seems pretty reasonable to me. While I've never had a desire to post on another team's fan site, some of the better fans and discussions I've had over the years have been with fans of other teams who registered on the Jets' site. I'm not saying that he is great, but I'm willing to give him a shot. I'm willing and open to discuss matters with any reasonable football fan as long as they don't act like an ass.

egelband likes this.
  20. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The guard FA market is weak after Safford. There will be a lot of competition for Safford and no guarantee we would get him. Here we get good guard with great upside who is only 30 and should be a big upgrade over Carpenter. This was a really nice move. I was really skeptical we could sign one of the two centers and Safford. Now we can focus 100 percent on Paredis. Fixing the interior of our OL should do wonders for Sam and the offense. Great move by MAC.

First two moves are resign Harrison and trade for a guard. I love the focus on the OL. Paredis and Bell next.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.