Jets, Giants resolve turf battle over their new turf

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jcjet, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Whether they are an elite franchise or not is irelevant. You were down-playing their accomplishments with statements like "they only have 3 titles which is only 2 more than we have"; when in fact they have 7 total NFL Championships, and their 3 SB titles are only fewer than 3 other teams. They had a bad stretch from 1964 to 1980 big deal. Since 1980 they have been to the playoffs 14 times and have won 3 Super Bowl titles. During that time their 3 Super Bowl titles are the 2nd most (behind only the 49ers) and are the only team to win a Super Bowl in each of the last 3 decades.

I'm not saying that because of this they should have been awarded the opening game, but they have accomplished a lot in their history, enough to be among the top franchises in league history.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am downplaying what they have done b/c giant fans and the Giants think they are the yankees of the NFL. They are a GOOD franchise, I wish we had their success but that doesn't mean they are an elite franchise.

Why do you always play dumb? You knew when I mentioned the 3 titles I was referring to SB titles. Is it fair to compare a franchise that came around in 1960 to one that started in 1925?

They have 6 legit championships, they didn't ear anything in 1927 and they have 12 title game losses. They are known more for losing championships than winning them.

Only 3 teams have played longer than the Giants, they SHOULD be upn there in championships. They should have alot more than they have w/ all the Championship games they have appeared in.

3. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Why doesn't 1927 count? Not seeing the big deal since the Giants won the title with what rules were in place at the time.

4. Murrell2878

You down play their accomplishments because of your issues with Giants fans?

They earned the championship in 1927 by winning 11 games and having the best record in the league. Those SEVEN are legit Championships as they are recognized by the league.

I haven't said they are elite and I haven't said they aren't. Why are you so stuck on that?

When you compared us to them when you said they only had 3 titles to our 1, but only 3 teams have more SB Titles than they do. So, really it's not all that close.

You are so stuck on their Championship losses that you are completely ignoring their accomplishments and it seems like you are doing this because of a personal bias against them.

5. Murrell2878

It does count, but according to junc they don't because they didn't play a Championship Game.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I give them the respect they deserve, they are a GOOD franchise- they are not elite.

They had the best record in 1935 and lost in the title game, same for '39, '44, '50, '58 and '59. They never had a chance to earn it in 1927, that's a sham title.

If you aren't syaing they are elite what are you arguing about? I never said the Giants suck, I am simply stating that their fans and the organization like to act like they are the Yankees of the NFL and they are not. I respect what they have done through the years, I wish we had that success but i am not going to lie and act like they are an elite franchise.

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I have no problems with the Giants. I only have temporary problems. Like when all my friends that are Giant's fans don't shut their fucking mouths. Then I hate the Giants for a few days.

8. Murrell2878

The other teams in the league had a chance to a) beat the Giants and b) win their games. They went 11-1-1 and won the title. It's not a sham Championship it is a legit Championship.

I'm arguing because you down-play their accomplishments and I now know that you do this based on a personal bias. Only 3 teams have more SB Championships and only 1 has more over the past 30 years. Their 7 championships are 4th most in league history.