Jets flying in Robert Saleh for second interview(Leaves without a Contract)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Figures...

cmcm750203 likes this.
  2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Can’t say for sure, but this sure reeks of another Jets botch job.
    Was hoping this would get done, and sure seems like Douglas wanted it if he flew him back and kept talks going overnight.

cmcm750203 likes this.
  3. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

He wasn't gonna be involved in this one guys. He's only there because it's his team. Didn't believe it from the start. Maybe it's an overreaction but until we hear otherwise I'm blaming johnson. He's done nothing to deserve the benefit of the doubt.

SOJAZ likes this.
  4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Could have been final say on the 53, reporting structure, money......who knows.
    But the Jets failed to get it done that much we do know.

5. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This is the real head scratching part. Were they negotiating? Was Saleh lingering around hoping for an offer that never came?

cmcm750203 likes this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If Douglas wanted Saleh and lost him because of Chris, Douglas should resign. Get out of this shitshow and hopefully get another GM job down the road because he'll never succeed here with Dumb and Dumber kneecapping the organization at every turn.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

We don't know that this happened, or even that Saleh is definitely not going to the HC here, but if Douglas wanted him and the Johnsons screwed it up, I totally agree.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Agreed if this is the case

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's the tough thing about hiring a former coordinator for a HC position. We can't evaluate him on the job he did as HC. All we can do is look at his record as a coordinator, see where his units ranked, how they produced, how he is thought of, etc.

How a coordinators units were ranked may have no bearing at all on the job he even did as a coordinator, much less have a bearing on the job that he would do as a HC, since as a coordinator, there is much that is totally out of his control that affects how his units are ranked. As an example, look at Josh McDaniel of the Patriots. Their offense was almost always ranked very high, but he was a bad HC. His units were ranked high because of Tom Brady and some great players like Gronk, maybe Randy Moss, Welker, Edelman, beast mode and others. Conversely, until this past season, Brian Daboll's units were ranked mostly, if not totally in the bottom third. While it's possible he didn't do that great a job, his QBs were mediocre at best. I don't think any OC could have achieved a high ranking with those QBs, so we can't even really accurately tell what kind of job he did with those teams as an OC. We can tell with the Bills, because we know the player Josh Allen was and now is, and how well the Bills are playing offensively. He now has talent on the offense (at least at WR) around Allen. The thing is even then, some people dismiss success of a coach if he has a lot of talent to work with, but then if he doesn't do well with an untalented team, then he doesn't get an any excuses, he's just a bad coach, so it's a no-win situation for coaches with some posters.

ConcordeChops likes this.
  10. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

oh, I GET IT.

i am just not on this whole " this absolutely means we WANTED Saleh, but fucked it up"

11. Losmeister

this. everybody wants to attribute good QB play to the OC? then whey didnt other QBs under Greg Roman, as an example, do as well as LJ?
    COS THEY ARE NOT AS GOOD AS LJ!!!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

we all have shitty bosses though. I suspect the issue was money. Owners have been crying poor since the pandemic in every league and the Johnsons are usually cheap anyway

13. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

It’s a wise move letting Saleh interview with Philly next. After he’s done there, he’ll probably reduce his demands to join the Jets just to avoid that mess of a franchise.

Pepsiguy5, Losmeister and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I wish it was Mo Lewis instead of Marvin Lewis

16. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Starting the spin. If you like a guy enough you don't wait weeks for someone else to be available.

Since1969 likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

Who is this Damion person? I haven't seen anyone else on Twitter claim anything like this.

18. NCJetsfan

I am not starting any spin. I never wanted Saleh and am not convinced that JD does or did. I'm simply using my brain which some of you aren't. A number of you are just going on emotions and knee jerk reactions. You guys are so biased by the past that you can't separate your emotions from facts in the present.

I'm waiting to hear facts. We have no clue what JD is or was thinking prior to Saleh's visit or afterwards. We don't know that his plans have changed at all. The coming days and further announcements should fill in some of those answers to our questions.

Borat likes this.
  19. Losmeister

you mean it's not a pre-requisite to get our panties ina twist cos we are miserable buncha pussy Jetfans???

themorey, REVISion and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. NCJetsfan

ROFLMAO!!!!

\

Imagine that...facts! The Jets already had a visit scheduled with Smith, so there's no way that they were going to lock up Saleh no matter how much JD may have liked Saleh.

If I were interested in creating a spin or stir the pot, I could say that it appears that the Jets like Smith more since they're taking him to dinner. Saleh only got pretzels at a bar. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.