Jets flying in Robert Saleh for second interview(Leaves without a Contract)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We really don’t know if:
    A) JD extended an offer
    B) Saleh wanted to interview other teams first
    C) JD wanted to complete his second round first
    D) Offer extended and either rejected or under evaluation
    E) Difference of opinion on the road ahead for the Jets eliminated him as a candidate

All we know JD was high on him and a couple of other due to interview

Ralebird, Losmeister, FJF and 2 others like this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I must admit, if tomorrow we learn Saleh is HC of Philly, who didn't let him leave without a deal, I would be pretty upset at least until the time we learn who the HC will be. There are still a couple of good candidates left.

SOJAZ and Noam like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

true we dont know any details but I find it hard to believe they would fly a guy in and keep him inside for so long during a pandemic, if the plan was just to allow everyone to complete other interviews.

it would've been shorter. Wining & dining simply doesn't happen right now

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I’m not going in that direction, too many detractors are going to tweet garbage just to get clicks. I’m going with flow of process and will criticize or praise it when it’s complete.

5. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah if we're being honest none of us have a clue about what's going on or why any of it is going on. Saleh might've totally bombed our interview for all we know.

6. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

I think the only thing that scares me is that Joe D thought enough of Saleh to keep him overnight to talk to Idiot Brother #2. Idiot brother #2 comes in and Saleh leaves without a contract. It hasn't been mentioned yet, but maybe they couldn't answer the questions surrounding the uncertainty of organizational structure and who the boss is which could have led to no contract. I know it's total speculation, but the timing of Johnson getting involved on Day 2 and no contract has me concerned. I think we have to hope that regardless of what happened, that C Johnson had nothing to do with any of it.

Thats why I am scared here.....

BacktoQueens and HomeoftheJets like this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I have a bad feeling Chris Johnson fucked this up. I thought CJ wasn't gonna have anything to do with the hire.. WTF.

SOJAZ and cmcm750203 like this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If there are, we'll manage to pick the worst one in the bunch...

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Lets see, if I was being interviewed I'd like to take a minute to digest all my options.

I dont even know if Saleh is married with a fam...This is a big move for anyone

Brook! likes this.
  10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Not for nothing, but this whole process has been behind closed doors. No one knows exactly what is occurring, who they like, who they don't like, etc. How could you make an assumption that we botched this?

While I truly hope we sign him, I also am not going to be pissed that he left without a deal. That doesn't mean we botched it. That could mean a number of things, including JD wanting to be thorough and make sure he turns over every rock before committing. If that means he takes a gamble by letting him leave, then so be it.

Jets79, SOJAZ and Red Menace like this.
  11. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

I'm tempted to say that maybe Idiot Brother No. 2 didn't think Saleh is where football is going. We're all so traumatized by the past, but this is sure starting to feel like yet another SOJ moment.

Because Saleh is a hot candidate with options, I'm sure he was interviewing the Jets as much as the Jets were interviewing him. Maybe he didn't like what he heard from the Jets, especially from Idiot Brother No. 2. I wonder who participated in the Saleh interview. Was Chris there? Was Woody there via phone? From the start, I've felt that the Jets' job would be a hard sell for any candidate with options.

Another possibility is that from the start, Saleh was using the Jets' interest as leverage to force one of the other teams interested in him to shit or get off the pot.

Noam likes this.
  12. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I think the best we can say is that Saleh is still in the running with the Lions but isn't their first choice and is now in the running with the Eagles as well, but they may be Saleh's last choice. I think that's the most likely scenario based on combining the current rumors.

LAJet likes this.
  13. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I didn't know if I should be excited when they brought him in and I don't know if I should be disappointed now that he's left.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Where's Manish when you need his finely tuned speculation from his cache of unnamed sources?

Brook!, Since1969, Noam and 1 other person like this.
  15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He and his wife have six children, 4 boys and 2 girls.

16. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

The reply to that one

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

That's a lot of moving. I'm sure Luria is going to wine and dine him tonight in Florida...not Philadelphia lol

Red Menace likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think JD would fall into that trap. He may have known that Gase was a likely fail due to his inflexibility and personality. I'm sure that he has looked at all the analytics and info on other hires around the league in recent years and is taking all of that into consideration.

REVISion likes this.
  19. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Idk much about this guy but I really hope this isn't true. Maybe he's not the answer, I was certainly hoping for an offensive guy, but if he's the guy JD wants I hope we didn't lose him bc of Christopher... I mean how could he even mess this up other than just saying he doesn't like Saleh?

20. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Don't know but I'm dying to get details

Since1969, Noam and REVISion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.