Jets first in line for Lamar Jackson if he becomes available - SNY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Jan 9, 2023.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

You can’t be serviceable if you can’t do it consistently. The minute Breece went down, Zach couldn’t do it anymore.

They won that Buffalo game because Josh Allen turned into a fucking pumpkin.

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

He completed 72% if his passes and had a 101.1 completion percentage against Buffalo. Against Pittsburgh, Breece Hall had 7 rushing yards on that final drive. It was all Wilson.

Look, I'm not a Zach Wilson nut hugger but give the devil his due. It's ok to acknowledge he's played well on occasion.

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It doesn’t worry you that Brock Purdy is running that offense as good, if not better, than Jimmy G was earlier in the year?

I also don’t believe you are actually sitting there with a straight face saying that you would take a healthy Jimmy G over a healthy Lamar. They aren’t even in the same stratosphere as players.

cmcm750203 and BacktoQueens like this.
  4. bicketybam

The body of work is too small for Purdy for me to make any sort of conclusion. He could be another Matt Cassel.

And for a playoff ready team, I'd take a healthy Jimmy G over a healthy Lamar. Lamar has the age advantage. Both are injury prone. It's my opinion, nothing more. I'm not a huge Jackson fan.

P.S. I was there opening day and Jackson sucked until we started leaving guys wide open and I mean WIDE open.

mr nyjet likes this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

Turns out our secondary is actually really fucking good though. Look at how Allen played against this Jets defense.

6. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I think generally speaking, Lamar is an accurate QB, which is reflected by the stats @dawinner127 posted. I have a hard time saying a guy who's a career 64% passer has accuracy issues. Every QB misses and every QB throws some bad balls from time to time, so I don't think those concerns are so great that we should avoid him at all costs.

His deep accuracy is definitely the biggest question mark when it comes to him as a passer but it's not like we really have any burners anyway so I don't think that sways my opinion too much.

I'm on record that, right now, I prefer Carr to Lamar but Lamar is a close 2nd for me. Meaning, if for whatever reason we miss on Carr, I'd be fine with making a run at Lamar.

Borat likes this.
  7. bicketybam

I agree it's good. But we left guys WIDE fucking open. I was there and in the 3rd level. These guys were running free with no one near them. Up until that point Lamar was hot garbage. Just saying.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The defense won that game for sure. 154 yards passing doesnt beat anyone in this league, let alone a good team unless your defense is just exceptional and they were that day

the offense drove all the way down the field, Wilson fumbled, and the defense intercepted it right back so Robinson could run it in. Wilson didn't do shit. That was the kind of day it was

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Man Purdy looks great. That sure is something they have going there in San Fran

dawinner127 likes this.
  10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I can't find the exact post, but I remember seeing a few posters talk about how trading these picks isn't really JD's way or it isn't style.

JD went after Tyreek and missed.
    JD went after Deebo and missed.
    JD traded up for AVT.
    JD traded up for Jermaine Johnson
    JD traded up for Breece Hall.

He has shown in the past that he will be aggressive. He isn't dumb, he knows his seat is hot and Woody has already said we are a QB away. I would be absolutely shocked if Lamar is traded or moved and it isn't right here to the New York Jets.

11. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

JD is going after Lamar or Carr. But regardless we need add to the OLine to maximize our weapons. I do not believe any QB behind there can take us to playoffs within this conference and division without the protection.

Jets79 and mr nyjet like this.
  12. NYJFOREVER

The Jets will get one of Jackson, Rodgers, or Carr. If I had to pick one for who I think they will get, it's Carr.

The Jets need to figure out LT and C.

13. bicketybam

Wow.

14. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

SF, GB, and NE were able to get QBs who started in the league, in the 6th and 7th rounds! SF and seatlle hit paydirt twice in the 3rd round.

You could wonder why their scouts can find guys that ours can't?

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

In fairness NE didn’t draft Brady expecting him to be much more than Drew Bledsoe’s backup. The odds against it are pretty astronomical

16. mr nyjet

they had the same scouting report from the combine that we did.......
    i remember readiing about one guy on the jets who was banging on the table for the Jets to grab Brady early in the 6th round.

the Purdy thing is the one problem that i have with JD, trading away those 6th and 7th round picks for temp patching of the roster .

there were other QB, RB, out there , even on our own practice squad, who could have filled in....

And if they want a 3rd string guy who has played in cold, winter weather and has an arm to go deep,
    he should bring in Chad Kelly for a tryout.

i am NOT in favor of trading away any picks for Carr or Tannyhill.
    Wait for their release, then consider the $$$, without losing picks needed for depth or other starters.

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

18. mr nyjet

the Jets are NOT just one player away.....so, trading for Lamar is not smart,
    as the picks needed plus the cap hit means another paper-thin OL, and the inevitable injuries at both positions with no depth.

See the Colts when Peyton was injured, Jets when Chad ate up too much cap, etc....

Fiftynine likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I think there's a chance Lamar could be the best non-Namath thing that ever happened to this franchise. I also think if that were true, the Ravens would never make him available. And if they make him available, they know something that will result in it not working out for us.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

The Jets actions the last week+ have shown that they believe there is at least a chance Zach still may pan out.

And god help us all they are the professionals.

ColoradoContrails likes this.