Jets fire Robert Saleh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Oct 8, 2024.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Couldn’t agree with you more. My feelings to a T. I also believe Woody told Brick, I’m tired of this offensive ineptitude, use AR as a valuable asset to assist you as you see fit, AND PLEASE MAKE WHATEVER CHANGES ARE NEEDED TO GET INTO A WINNING GROOVE. ANY CHANGES, BE IT COACHING, GAME PLAN, PERSONNEL, TRAINING, SCHEMES, WHATEVER.

2. letsgojets2819

letsgojets2819 Active Member

Jets may have fired Saleh but left Hackett, they got rid of the mole but left the cancer untreated.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I don’t believe for a second we are done with coaching changes….but it starts at the top, not at the bottom.

Vida and JetBlue like this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use word cancer. He sucks at his job, but he is not really spreading vitriol. It's more of a Peter's principal with Hack, just like with Saleh. Saleh can be a decent DC, that's his limit, but a terrible HC. Hack is a terrible play caller, but was OK when he wasn't calling plays, and had a guy above him, where his role was to be a sounding board, help with some play designs, serving coffee, etc... He does need to be removed from play calling duty. Sure, he deserves to fired, but if he plays the same role as in GB, he will not do too much harm.

The problem we have is we do not have anyone above him who can play MLF's role. So, I fully support promotion for Downing to call plays, and I really want to see what happens. It's just that Downing is not MLF. It's Keith Carter of passing game. So, I am not holding my breath, but it is something that has to happen just to see what it looks like. It cannot get much worse.

#384 Borat, Oct 9, 2024
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2024
    SOJAZ likes this.
  5. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Maybe get Gase back to be the OC.

[​IMG]

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Brady and Manning are out of the NFL and never played for the Jets. There are plenty of places here to complain about Rodgers - this isn't one of them. I'm not sure what you Pats fans actually realize - your post here has virtually nothing to do with my post it is supposedly responding to.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No one has claimed "evidence". But the timing sure seems more than coincidence. Maybe that's all it was. I actually hope so because if Rodgers got Saleh fired to save Hackett we're in deeper shit than we already are. But do you really think that Woody didn't take Rodgers' input into account in making his decision? There are reports that Rodgers spoke with Woody Monday night. Tuesday Saleh is fired. No proof, but reasonable to think Rodgers had something to do with it.

REVISion likes this.
  8. Ralebird

I have a better word for you: oversight; it is a noun with two meanings. Both can easily be placed in a sentence with "Robert Saleh" - once for what he did and once for what he didn't do.

#388 Ralebird, Oct 9, 2024
    Vida likes this.
  9. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

It's likely Woody asked some questions about the culture in the locker room and the morale of the team, and the answers may have tipped Woody in favor of firing Saleh.

Borat likes this.
  10. Ralebird

If you believe the fanbase represented here is of one mindset you have come to the wrong place for definitive answers or haven't been paying attention. If you just want to complain about the posters here, carry on!

11. Ralebird

Parcells left the Jets before Johnson bought the team.

12. Ralebird

I'd like to think that Johnson's conversations Monday night with both Rodgers and Douglas started with something like your first paragraph here. I'd also like to think he asked both if there was a reason his plan to fire Saleh should be vetoed. And, stretching the point a bit, I'd hope that he asked if there was a way he could get away with removing a couple more guys from the offensive staff at the same time.

Of course I also would like to think there will be peace all over the world, cancer would be eradicated and there would be no hunger or climate change.

#392 Ralebird, Oct 9, 2024
  13. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

No NO NO!!!! This!

[​IMG]

dmw likes this.
  14. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

this is now past news.

perhaps shut her down as what more casn be said. ???

15. Ralebird

What? Why would this be shut down when there is much to be learned about why it happened, how it happened and what happens next? It remains current events even if you don't like it.

Vida likes this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Something to do with it is a very broad term. If you are the boss and you think of firing someone on your team, you probably take input about that person for key people on the team. You are not necessarily going to ask them, should I fire him? Probably Rodgers' feedback wasn't great, I can see that. Is that "something"? Maybe. But I don't see much coincidence you are talking about. There is direct relation between losing to Denver and looking exactly like last year and then going down 17:0 and losing in London, where Saleh should have been fired. And he was.

Him demoting Hack to save his ass is irrelevant, as the firing happened 5 mins later, it is simply too quick of a turnaround. Something like this was preplanned. And I hope Brick will demote him too.

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I hope you're right, but if you are it would mean that Woody actually made a good football decision on his own. I find that hard to believe. In any case, Saleh is gone. But until Hackett is relieved of OC duties or fired, this offense will struggle.

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Actually I believe he made a good football decision, call it luck but simply because he truly believes this team has enough talent to succeed and we where completely under achieving, WE lost two games we should have won because of poor execution and discipline,
    We have been playing way below our capabilities yet we didn’t change a damned thing. Enough is enough he said. A blind man saw that one coming. But more changes need to be made, something apparently Saleh was reluctant to do. We shall see.

Vida and Ralebird like this.
  19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Also what's interesting is that the report says Saleh "decided" to demote Hack. It doesn't actually say he demoted him. This could be something that Saleh's camp leaked to save face after the firing happened. Either way, I am glad he is gone and hopefully Hack will get demoted too. Though Downing sucks ass as well, might as well try it out.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  20. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Can everyone just go listen to Woody talk about his solutions to solving the problems of this team, and how delusional this guy truly is?

How do we get this guy to sell the team?

I’m secretly hoping he hires Bill Bellicheat so I can finally revoke my fandom. I have no backbone to do so, despite the losers that they are, but I think that would push me right over the top.

mezzavo likes this.