Jets favored in just one game in 2020, according to odds-makers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Apr 13, 2020.

1. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

For sure.

Like most predicted last year

But wait, the tough schedule is coming,.

Like most predicted last year

2. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Well, yeah.. But our "offensive guru" dolt head coach makes everyone look bad. Stubborn, waste of 2 years.

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

True...spreads have everything to do with managing 'public perception' to keep equal money on both sides of the ledger. When a team is 'favored' to win, that 'favor' comes from the betting public, not from reality. That can only come from playing the game.

LF911SC likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He does but then we would see that it was Gase dragging down Sam and we can all pretend for another season :D

5. K'OB

Well not quite true, we knew it was an easier schedule but we were dog shit and let's face it in a lot of games we were dog shit, what wasn't though was our D who must have won us 2 games minimum.

Let's not forget we got beat off two teams that hadn't beaten anybody else up to that point and beat us convincingly, if we have beaten those two bits of crap and had a kicker in game week 1 then we would have probably made the wild card spot, now how laughable would that have been with that team.

Still a new season new GM and hopefully a draft done well for a change.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  6. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

We were dog shit. Especially the offense and its total lack of talent. Biggest knock on Macc, he saw the importance of getting a FQB and then totally missed the boat in getting talent around him. I look at the Bills with the lesser talent at QB, with all Allens issues and they're masked because the Bills shored up the OL and put weapons around Allen.

We were a bad team and bad teams play just like we played. We beat a Cowboys type team and then lay eggs against winless teams. Its what bad teams do.

Brook! likes this.
  7. K'OB

I know it is fun to dog Allen but he can run and that has also been a big thing for the Bills in all fairness but I do agree with the main point and how this franchise let Mac draft one last time and then sack him was criminal, they must have been talking about it, even if it was just a little chat.

God damn Johnsons

LF911SC likes this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Looks like a serial killer to me. I don't know any serial killers personally but I do watch a lot of true crime/murder shows. Profile: White male between the ages of 22 and 28 years of age, distrustful of the government and authority, hoards guns and ammo, has a lot of broken down cars and old tires on the lawn, has a heavy chain padlocked shed with deer antlers above the door, rides a quad, tortures animals but loves his own dog. :eek:

Brook! and K'OB like this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well thank God the favorites don't always win and cover or else everyone would gamble and become rich.

I remember in 2009 people told us our Jets had 0 chance with a (raw) rookie QB. Heading into 2009 none of the experts raved about our soon to be great defense either.

We were placed as 35/1 odds heading in...

How'd that work for Vegas? "Experts".

Brook! likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

He's a gimmick QB who's a glorified runner. He'll be figured out like the Wildcat was figured out sooner than later. He stinks. His team around him is very good but he's the weak link who sucks.

Same accuracy percentage in nfl as Wyoming he stinks

11. K'OB

I never said he was a good QB just a good runner.

12. K'OB

Damn, did I miss that championship?

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Went all the way to the AFC Championship game despite critics and so called experts who said we couldn't... Did you miss the season?

14. K'OB

Did I miss that championship?

If you need it explained again don't bother replying, it isn't rocket science to what I was implying with the one line quip.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

And it wasn't rocket science when I mentioned how no one gave the Jets a chance heading into 2009 but yet we almost made a SB.

So experts saying 2020 Jets suck means nothing. Rocket Science. lol.

16. K'OB

The point is ALMOST won, we didn't even win the AFC game never mind almost won a Superbowl, two games off may as well have been a million.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

You don't get it. You don't understand.

No experts predicted the Jets to have a winning season 2009 and we made it all the way to the AFC Championship game despite 4-12- 6-10 predictions.

But I quit. You can win the message board victory lol

18. K'OB

I understood you fine.

So it seems you didn't get it after all then, I thought not right from the off tbh but yeah?

It was a one line quip based on the site joke of "championship" not everything is as deep as you want to make them out, it was meant to be humourous, should have known better tbh.

Also, take a look at my avatar and ask yourself "I wonder why a guy who wouldn't know about 2009 has Ken fucking O'Brien as his avatar."

Don't give me history lessons

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Good explanation of the dynamics affecting outcomes. This is why the NFL is the most manipulated sport there is.

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

[
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/177954-2009-afc-east-preview-where-do-the-new-york-jets-stand

The good news for the Jets is that the missing pieces were easily identifiable after the 2008 season.

So, as would be expected of any general manager, Mike Tennenbaum went out and filled in those gaps during the offseason.

The Jets traded up with Cleveland for the fifth overall pick in the draft where they selected USC quarterback, Mark Sanchez, in the hopes of him developing into the team’s quarterback of the future.

Tennenbaum also signed two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Lito Sheppard as well as Ravens' safety Jim Leonhard. Combine these new acquisitions with players such as Darrell Revis and Dwight Lowery and the Jets might have the solid secondary they were in dire need of last year.

Sanchez started just 16 games while at USC, so it’s not too far fetched to believe that Killen Clemens could be the starter on opening day in an attempt to ease Sanchez into life in the NFL.

No matter who is taking the snaps from Nick Mangold come September, the Jets will have an inexperienced quarterback at the helm, which always raises a lot of questions and concerns about the offense.

How well either Clemens is able to step into the starting role or how quickly Sanchez is able to develop, combined with whether or not recent offseason additions to the secondary can finally put a plug in opponent’s ability to throw the ball around the field with ease will determine how successful the Jets will be in 2009.

Prediction: If Sanchez is able to step in and follow a similar path to that of Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco last season, the outlook for the Jets 2009 season could be vastly different.

However, the likelihood is that if Clemens is leading the offense, he just won’t bring enough fire power to lead the Jets to an AFC East title, and, if Sanchez is the opening day starter, he will more than likely require at least a little bit of time to develop.

Seems like what happened. We had a good team with a very inexperienced QB. This year we have a developing QB and not a good team around him. The Jets really made their playoff run when they put the ball in the hands of Thomas Jones and Shon Greene. We ran the ball down peoples throats.

Hopefully Douglas has a terrific draft and we add a good player nobody saw coming.

#60 Biggs, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020