Jets Fans Trying to Put Up Fire Idzik Billboard !!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Umphpool, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It's just a picture of miserable jet fans.

Subtext optional.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I thought there was something to it. It looked odd b/c the picture is of Bart Scott from the 2011 Cowboy game and we won that game so I wasn't sure if there was a hidden joke other than the obvious.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I can believe that he's not publicly trashing Rex because that would just create a further circus-like atmosphere and cause turmoil, and because Woody asked him not to, but I can't believe that Woody would ask him to say that Rex is doing a "great job" when it is glaringly apparent he isn't. If Woody is asking that, then Idzik loses even more respect from me for complying. I would never comply with an order or request like that. I'd tell the owner that I wouldn't comment publicly on the HC, but that I sure wasn't going to praise him and say he's doing a "great" job" when it is glaringly apparent that in fact the HC is doing a terrible job.

I think Idzik gave Rex a 2nd year because he had to. I think that's probably the only way Idzik got the job in the first place, and why other GM candidates withdrew their name from consideration and didn't interview. They weren't willing to be handcuffed by the owner. I think our only hope is that Woody has learned a lesson from this, that he now sees that he needs to stay out of it and keep emotion out of his decisions. He needs to hire the best GM he can and give him carte blanche to make football decisions. The problem is, I'm not sure that Woody is smart enough to have learned that, or even if he is, if topflight GM or HC prospects will trust/believe that he has learned his lesson. We may be screwed until Woody sells the team.

Your last bolded sentences are where we part ways. The team has already been hurt enough and a lot of the good of the previous 8-10 years undermined. I don't think the team can afford one more year of Rex, or it will be back where it was following Kotite. No qualified GM, HC or player will want to come here. The Jets will again be the laughingstock of the NFL. It's just too risky.

If I'm Woody, I clean house. The ONLY way I'd allow Idzik to stay is for the present CS to go, the scouting dept. to be completely overhauled (including Bradway), and I'd tell him in private that he has one more year to have this team competing for the playoffs and playing at a high level. Further, I'd tell him that if his new CS didn't turn things around immediately, at least a couple of his current draft picks and next year's picks didn't play at a very high level next season, and the team play solid, smart, tough football, he would be out on his keister. I don't believe the team can afford two more years of waiting and hoping. Immediate results happen elsewhere with other teams. The likelihood that Idzik might only have another year or two to prove himself, could very well hinder Idzik in bringing in a quality HC and CS. If so, then the problems just continue. Therefore, I see no real viable alternative than to clean house and give the new GM carte blanche in making decisions. Woody needs to show the NFL that he is willing to sign the checks, quit meddling or handcuffing the GM, and allow the new GM to run the show. I think that is the only hope for this franchise. If he's not willing to do that, I hope they fold the franchise.

Turbocharged23 likes this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I was wondering where it was from.

5. nyjunc

It looks like Bart was photoshopped in so I don't think the fans reactions were from that particular game.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There was no reason not to be happy with any of those things in August. This is why I'm embarrassed of our fanbase. No concept whatsoever of simple logic and understanding

7. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Actually I used logic to figure out why you are not in favor of holding this franchise accountable for their glaring mistakes. You can't hold them accountable because YOU were in favor of the Idzik hiring, keeping Rex and having Geno as our QB. Holding them accountable means you need to also look at yourself for being so completely wrong about this team heading into this season.

You need to hold yourself accountable and admit you are clueless when it comes to understanding talent. And do us all a favor by not suggesting who we should draft next year. Geno Smith??? Now that's embarrassing!

8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

That site is awful, why does flash a picture of Calvin Pryor? I get that he hasn't been that impressive, but he's a bust? Lol poor attempt

9. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

I have been saying this is all the threads ( Cman55) if the Stadium is empty it will speak volumes then a billboard. Plus not selling Beer for
    12 bucks and an 7 dollar hot just to name a few will really piss other people off as well. Forgot 35 bucks to park

10. fireidzik_billboard

fireidzik_billboard Active Member

Thanks for all of the support, guys.. this thing is really gaining traction. Articles all over the place. Yes - Geno.. if you donate $100, we will send you 4 shirts.

11. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Cool. I will do that.

fireidzik_billboard likes this.
  12. nyjunc

go away and don't come back. you give all Jet fans a bad name.

13. nyjunc

any idiot that donates money to that idiot should go root for another team. we have the worst fanbase in sports and idiots like this just reinforce it.

MikeSLTJ23 likes this.
  14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Woody has a full on Fan Revolt on his hands now. Even during the Kotite years I've never seen one this intense. It will be interesting to see how long it will last or what the end of it will look like.

15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

We are not in high school anymore, it's a bad season for the jets, move on with your life. Take the family out for brunch on Sunday instead of watching the jets.

It's only a game.

nyjunc likes this.
  16. JETSMAN7

JETSMAN7 Member

Hater

Fan bases do things like this all the time all of the world.

17. nyjunc

I do hate stupid fans that embarrass our fanbase.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Personally, for the most part I think Jet fans are great.

19. JARED KOEPPEL

JARED KOEPPEL New Member

Hey, I'm Jared. I'm one of the creators of the site. THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!!

20. JARED KOEPPEL

JARED KOEPPEL New Member

We have gone to all of the games since we were little kids. Greg Kohler and his family (originally of Teaneck, NJ) Jason Koeppel (my brother) and our family grew up sitting in section 131 of the old Giants Stadium. We also had tickets in section 311 at that time.