Jets Fans Trying to Put Up Fire Idzik Billboard !!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Umphpool, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

People keep saying "don't go to games", the majority of the stadium is filled with season ticket holders whose tickets are paid for well in advance.

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I predicted this scenario ,where are all the Idzik has a plan guys now?Guys a clown,he's in over his head and is out of touch with the fan base and the NY/NJ area.Id love to put him in a cannon and shoot him over the grand canyon

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I may have underestimated by a bit but I doubt it's going to be $20,000 unless it is the largest billboard, right on a major highway in the middle of the city. The number I quoted was off a price for a medium sized billboard near Newark at $1500, closest I could find. This is really inconsequential because I doubt he gets the donations.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it's so embarrassing to be a Jet fan. we have the worst fanbase in sports.

BakerMaker and MikeSLTJ23 like this.
  5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Not going to games means empty stadiums during broadcast which hurts owners egos, it also means less nationally televised games down the road which hurts the teasm. Concessions are another factor, not sure how the contract runs, if the team gets a kickback or if they have already paid to be in there for a certain amount of time but less concessions hurt negotiations in the future. Lots of factors besides tickets and there are still unsold PSL's. The team may not go bankrupt from a few fans not showing but management usually will notice empty stadiums.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they will also notice billboards too!

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

We need a protest march around the stadium at the next game.

8. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

To you and the rest of the people who said something similar like this. WE DONT NEED YOU. Go be a fan somewhere else if you're depressed about your fan base. It's the life of being a jets fan. You and whoever else says something like this aren't really jet fans. And a bad fan base involves people who no nothing and just are fans when the team is good. From what I see here we have one of the better most dedicated fan bases who actually have a grasp on what is going to happen. We can be optimistic and claim winning seasons here and there but we all know what our team really is. Reality has set in and you sit cannot handle it. Go be a Giants fan if you wanna cry more please.

94Abraham and FlaJet like this.
  9. nyjunc

I'm not the one crying, you guys are. it's pathetic and humiliating to be associated w/ fans like that.

we don't have a dedicated fanbase, our fans only show up when things are good. our fanbase sucks.

MikeSLTJ23 likes this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

People talking about organizing protests and putting up billboards need a life. Or a job. Or something. This thread has been a very sad read.

11. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

This is exactly the opposite of the truth. Junc is not a fan of Jets fans, he's a fan of the Jets. Stop getting dramatic. It's the way of the Jets fan to overreact to EVERYTHING.

If we fire Idzik, it's a mistake. Not because he's doing a good job, but because he's been here for 2 years and has already got us out of our awful cap situation. The team is set up for the future financially. Let the guy at least try to instill his vision. If 2 years isn't enough time to judge a draft, then how the hell is it enough time to judge a GM.

So he gave a shitty press conference. Big deal. I didn't realize that was how we judge a GM.

And when we bring in that new GM with this awesome cap situation, and he goes and spends money like he's George Steinbrenner, everyone is going to be in love with the new guy. But who put him in that situation? John Idzik.

I hate Jets fans too. And that doesn't make me less of a Jets fan. I swear, Jets fans are like a bunch of 10 year olds. If a guy isn't amazing from Day One, they want to castrate him. To be honest, I hate most fans. But go ahead and call me less of a fan because I think most of you are idiots most of the time and want everyone fired all the time. You guys complain about the media, but you're the ones that eat up that drivel and are the target audience because you overreact to everything.

For the record, I think a dedicated fan base is not how often you call for people to get fired when you're not doing well. But that clearly seems to be what you think it is. And I agree with Junc. How is he the one who's crying? So get off your soap box about what a real fan is, because everything you just said is dumb.

12. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Ownership is the embarrassment. Fans do not pick the gm, coaches, scouts and players. Fans did not pick Geno Smith and make him the starting the QB. If its to the point where fans are spending money to put a billboard demanding that the gm be fired, then something is seriously wrong with the ownership of this team. Accountability is a good thing.

FlaJet likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I'm more embarrassed of our fans than our owner honestly. And the post above mine is a great reason why. Accountability? THATS accountability? Give me a break.

nyjunc and MikeSLTJ23 like this.
  14. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

When are they putting up the fire Rex billboard?

15. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Just wow. I believe we have the best and most loyal fans in the NFL. They're are more Jet bars in other cities than any other team. Your entitled to your beliefs but I think U missed the boat on this one. You've mistaken anger and frustration with loyalty. And if I felt the way you do I would quit being a fan of this team. What is humiliating is our team becoming the laughing stock of the NFL and that is our management doing this not the fans.

Cman68 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  16. nyjunc

You believe wrong, our fanbase sucks. we have a frontrunning fanbase. Our team stinks, it happens. to waste our time w/ billboards and other nonsense is foolish. do we put up billboards to congratulate them when they win? it's asinine and embarrassing, find another hobby.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

my god. You can think the billboard idea is dumb - whatever but this is the dumbest statement I've ever seen. So much wrong with that I could go on forever. use your fuckin brain

FlaJet and matt robinson 17 like this.
  18. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

The team actually has to win something in order to have front running fans.

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It's not like every Jet fan is putting out billboards, don't group everyone in with your assessment of jet fans.

The majority of Jet fans are good fans that spend a lot of money in support of the team, just because a small band of fans are extreme, its not a representation of the total fan base.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Fixed.

geomon and FlaJet like this.