Jets Fans Trying to Put Up Fire Idzik Billboard !!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Umphpool, Oct 28, 2014.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

2. slimjasi

3. slimjasi

I hadn't really been paying attention to this thread. Big mistake on my part. Carry on.

4. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

This one's my favorite. The loop is mesmerizing.

[​IMG]

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hahaha early bird gets the worm

6. slimjasi

Good posts. This basically sums up my feelings on Idzik and that silly banner.

7. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

bs idzik sucks all I see here on this page are excuses for his poor job performance and it not just free agency and injured player.s How many players from this draft are not on the team..... 7 out of 12 that is horrible. You don't need anytime to judge that type of performance.

Free Agency has been horrible not because he signed cheap old player he sign cheap bad players. Patterson is a great example of poor planning. You have 2 injury prone corners and then get a guy who has played 8 games in two years and think he is going to play a full season when history shows he can't.

That is poor planning and shows in this team this year either way he wasted a year of fans money and patients and if you have faith he can turn it around I ask you to prove it, because all the facts point to another conclusion.

Everything you guys say goes against his plans or his performance. You say build through the draft, you can't do that if you already cut 7 players from this years draft.

He wants to save money, but help a young qb he could have signed tate, saunders or austin for a longer period then harvin (I am not against that move because with his pick history the player would have prolly been cut) for less money then harvin.

He has done very little in two yrs to improve this team salary cap hell or not. 4 players added to this team of any quality and one is injured is nothing to write home about. I do hope he gets fired because his job performance is horrible. You do not need anytime to grade the reasons I gave

#467 rammagen, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    94Abraham likes this.
  8. GangGreenBlues

GangGreenBlues Well-Known Member

I disagree that Milliner and McDougle were injury prone going into this season. That's hindsight talking. They did have some injury issues in their past, but that's not the same as being injury prone where people can't count on you to play. Before this season, Milliner hasn't missed a single game in college, and missed 2-3 games last year with minor stuff. There was nothing in his past quite like this year where he was injured throughout the spring camp, then summer camp, then the season, and finally the season ending major injury. Lots of NFL players are constatntly playing banged up. With McDougle, in 4 years of college, he had the one major injury his senior year, some minor stuff, and another injury which he did not get in football, but on his scooter. So again, one major sports related injury in 4 years, while it does raise questions, it does not say injury prone. Sheldon Richardson also had a major college surgery, so is he injury prone as well? It's football, hard to find guys who never got hurt.

And actually signing Cromartie would have hurt us in terms of rebuilding. As I already mentioned, he would've been a bad influence on the young players.

It's Idzik's job to bring in quality long-term players for us. However, you cannot do this in a very short period of time. There are only so many draft picks every year, only so many of them work out, a limited number of FAs and trades available as well. So this process takes time. So if you can only fill a certain number of positions long-term every year, what to do you do with the other positions in the meantime? Since long-term talent is not available for those, you have to fill them with short term talent, basically veterans. What kind of veterans can you bring in to a rebuilding team? You don't want to spend a lot of money on expensive, high end veterans because their talents will be wasted on a young team gradually being built up, so the only answer is to bring in cheap veterans. Expecting these guys to be great players is unrealistic, because if they were so good, they wouldn't be cheap veterans, they would be expensive FAs who other teams would want. That's why the whole notion that these cheap signings have to be judged via some batting percentage criteria for Idzik is ridiculous. They are just scrubs that come cheap and are used to temporarily plug in holes while the FO looks for more permanent solutions over greater period of time. Sometimes you might get lucky and find a diamond in the rough, but most times you won't.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am not impressed w/ phony #s knowing how the Red Bulls give away tickets and still can’t fill that HS stadium they play in.
    It has grown in certain places no doubt but no one cares around here, it’s like the WNBA.