Jets fans, is the season over for you?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DanR, Dec 16, 2012.

?

1. Yes

26.3%
  2. No

73.7%
  1. DanR

DanR Active Member

Some of my friends try to engage in discussion about Jets chances. They tell me if this team beats that team then Jets have a chance. They're surprised by my indifference. Just would like to check if other Jet fans are indifferent as well.

Is the season over for you too?

#1 DanR, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

for me, yes. I think we lose either 1 or 2 of the next 3. one more loss and that kills our playoff chances.

if it were up to me, I'd lose out to salvage the season and get a better draft pick.

3. Drew

Drew Active Member

Sadly, no. I think we win out.

4. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

The season isn't over for me, it's as long as the Jets have a shot at the playoffs. I'd even still watch if we lose our shot, but the season lives till there is numerically no chance in my book.

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Does the season end?

I'm already watching alot of old NCAA games looking at potential guys for the Jets in the upcoming draft. As for us winning, I cheer for a win every game if we are 10-2 or 2-10.

Football season can go all year round with a bit of a lull in the summer, which is ok because my pasty white ass needs to get in the sun once in awhile.

6. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

You're indifferent about the Jets making the playoffs? I can understand being pessimistic about their chances, but indifferent?

7. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

How the hell is the season over if the Jets have a real good chance of making the playoffs??

We barely snuck in to the playoffs in 2009 and nearly made it to the super bowl if it wasn't for a few in-game injuries. Out of our 7 losses, 6 have come against playoff teams. Yes, we didn't exactly light it up, but we were with in inches of defeating Patriots, Houston, and even the Steelers until late in the game. We soundly defeated the Colts. Our only other loss was against Dolphins. We are far from perfect, but this team has come over a lot this season with all the injuries to their best players in every aspect of the game (offense, defense, ST).

Season is far from over. In fact, right now, Jets have a much better chance of winning out than Steelers or bengals. At best, they all will go 9-7 imo. Steelers play Bengals next wk so one loss is definite for one of them. Bengals also play Ravens (wk 17) while Steelers also play Cowboys (tomorrow). Regular season is all about making the playoffs. If Jets make it, then the regular season is a success. Once we are in the playoffs, I believe we'll get that extra rush of blood from throughout the squad.

Now if we lose tomorrow, then it's a different story. But right now, the only thing thats over is our tough schedule, something Steelers and Bengals will be going through.

8. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

I think the indifference comes from the classic jets scenario, they win just enough to prevent real change, and continue their charge forward to mediocrity. This front office needs to get fired regardless of the number of wins due to incompetence.

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I just want to see the team show some pride and what goes on at the QB spot... in terms of playoffs and all that shit I think it's already over.

10. Canadajetsfan

Canadajetsfan New Member

Thank god it's not up to you.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

No, even if we were 0-13, I would be watching and hooked to every game.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So you'd rather miss the playoffs to pick a couple of slots higher near the middle of the draft?!?!

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Is the season over? Not by a longshot.

Do I think the Jets chances to win a Super Bowl for the year are done? Absolutely.

14. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

If the season is over for you at this point then you are not a Jets fan. Period.

We have as much of a chance of making it to the Playoff RIGHT NOW as we do at the beginning of every season, little less than 50%. (unless you think we are a better than average team I suppose. But we are not and historically have not been)

Saying "but our team is just not that good" is total BS. There is no way to know which teams will or won't show up in the playoffs.

15. Br4d

There's no precedent for a team with as little talent as the Jets have winning a Super Bowl. They could show up in the playoffs and play their best game of the year and still lose big against another playoff team doing the same.

It's just a mess at this point.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You sound like a real positive guy. I'll bet you're a pleasure to be around.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

lol - I'll never understand this mentality. I just don't get it. The only time it would make sense to me is if you're talking about the difference in taking a franchise QB or not.

18. Br4d

I'm a reflection of reality. I'll bet you loved my posts in 2009 and 2010. :)

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

My post was directed at the OP ...

20. Br4d

Apologies then. I usually don't follow up on stuff like that and as usual when I did I regret it. :)