Jets cutting Spencer Long

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Feb 5, 2019.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

How do you pronounce Dieugot? Phonetically or is it Dye go? You gotta die? I'm so confused. o_O

Spencer Long. I'm glad he got kicked in his ass but he should've gotten kicked in his ass long before this. Maybe Spencer Long and Jeremy Bates are going camping together this weekend and hitting up the Appalachian Trail. Jeremy Bates. I have to open the front door to spit because I have certain rules. You do not spit on your own floor.

Red Menace likes this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

More likely crocodile tears, but that's what he says.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Has anyone actually confirmed the crocodile tears? Also who is "he"? Can you confirm?

FJF likes this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Search engines are your friends. Just as searching here for who uses the words "weepz for the children" will give you the answer one can also use any generic search engine to see what actions the New York Jets have actually taken. The tough part for some here, apparently, is getting beyond a headline and comprehending if the team has done anything at all.

5. BroadwayAaron

Can you confirm search engines are my friend? I never officially stated this.

HomeoftheJets and FJF like this.
  6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

This is a big reason why I wanted Mac gone this year. You can’t ignore the offensive line this much and expect to keep your job. Doesn’t everyone know we got to those Conference Championship games in 2010-2011 because we had one of the best offensive lines in football? We’ve ignored the line since then and it’s no surprise that we have been a bad team since. Why can’t our GMs ever figure this out?

tomdeb, rohirrim665, CBG and 4 others like this.
  7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Sucks that there's no OL worth taking at 3 this year. The best that can be done this offseason is give the interior a makeover and upgrade the OT's next year which could feature a few blue chippers in the draft.

FJF and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It almost makes you wonder how he would have performed @ centre without BROKEN fingers?

9. K'OB

What was his mistake?

Allowing Bowles to play the guy at centre despite his snapping hand having two broken fingers, can you imagine trying to grip and throw that ball when you could barely feel it properly.

Long's performance was all on Bowles for picking him and playing him injured.

10. Quinnenthebeast

I would still consider taking Jonah Williams. We might be reaching, but when do top offensive tackle prospects come around? Plus Allen if he does drop to us is more of a 3-4 pass rusher. I was more on him before Greg Williams became the Oc.

11. Not at 3..not w Bosa,allen or williams sitting there.its not even about reach or value Hes simply not a safe pick at that slot bc many teams incl possibly the jets will force feed him at LT given the draft slot.Hes not a slam dunk at LT bc he’s slightly stiff at the top of his pass pro sets & has short arms.That means he’ll struggle against speed rushers & power rushers w wingspans & bend.

He either has to play RT(not a slam dunk either but a slightly better bet) or move to guard.Now if you wanna say draft him as a guard at 3 w an eye toward kicking outside if he can handle in a year or 2..fine. But again theres risk in that.

OL is extremely important bc of Sam..as bad as it needs to be adressed itneeds to be done responsibly not forced or glossed over & forced.

Trade down to pick 12 or so & see which OL of Williams/Brown/Little are sitting there.

tomdeb, Mr mittens, jixxjr and 4 others like this.
  12. CotcheryFan

I'm not sure if Little is worth it at 12 either. If a trade down happens, it might be best to get Ferrell, Polite, or Zach Allen. Then use the recouped 2nd on a WR or RB.

#52 CotcheryFan, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  13. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Whut?

14. BroadwayAaron

How stupid are the Bills?

Edit: this is not official yet so take it with a huge grain of salt

15. K'OB

Depends on cost, I think he plays better fully healed and better again at guard, not a lot of stupidity unless it was a big wage but I doubt it is. Of course unless you meant the CB but unlikely lol

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fear not Mac has a plan = LOL

tomdeb and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  17. Quinnenthebeast

Probably overpay a free agent and draft a guard in the 6th round. Make sure we draft 2 interior defensive linemen though.

18. CotcheryFan

There's no OL worth taking at 3. I'd bet on us taking one in rounds 3-5. Bradbury, Jenkins, or Pierschbacher are good choices.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Mac does not believe in taking O LINEMAN in any round let alone the first 5 rounds,,,,,,just my thoughts and HIS philosophy

tomdeb likes this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

3 years $13 million with incentives that could bring the total to $15 mill.
    Back up money for a potential starting guard and emergency center.
    Not too stupid...

K'OB and rohirrim665 like this.