Jets-Cowboys Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Vorrecht, Sep 11, 2011.

1. 624

624 Banned

We had 0 penalties, wow.

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I wasn't a fan of that either but I wonder how much of that was influenced by Ware moving around. Rob Ryan was lining him up everywhere.

3. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

Ware is a Hall of Fame caliber player and almost unquestionably the best pass rusher in the whole League. Hunter's not a wall.

4. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Sanchez, dare I say it, is starting to remind me of a young Elway. Elway never really had the gaudy stats of a Marino, Young, or Montana, but he found ways to win in the fourth quarter.

5. Calikid

Calikid New Member

Well said. I still think Hunter is your weak link. Watching Romo was painful. And to smile after the fumble. I don't get it.

6. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

I just don't get Cro. He's big and looks strong. If memory serves me correctly, his best season was his rookie season when he was more physical and jammed receivers at the LOS, right? Why has he totally abandoned that. On so many plays tonight, he let the receiver hit him and knock him off stride momentarily rather than vice versa. I'd bet at least half of those completions against him never would have happened if he had hit the WR at the LOS first.

Regarding winning the SB if the team fixes the problem about not showing up in the first half, I definitely agree, especially with the improvement that Sanchez has shown.

7. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

get the fuck out of here. We're 1-0. REGARDLESS of how we looked.

8. CatoTheElder

No, but Ware was getting pressure and sacks from all over the field, not just Hunter. Hunter struggled, this much is unquestionable, but the whole OLine had miscues.

Time to shake off the rust and a big part of that should be Bill Callahan tweaking his schemes and getting on his players to perform better.

9. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

You may dare say. I've been saying since it ended this was reminiscent of any Elway v Montana (pick a classic combo) shoot out game. Sanchez v Romo was a great match up tonight, and Romo came out outwitted. Sure our boy made some errors and it's expected early, but we're going to be strong three years in a row.

10. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Bingo. He smiled after the botched snap with 8 seconds left. What the fuck is wrong with this guy? There's such a thing as laughing shit off, and being calm when the situation calls for it.

11. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

Totally agreed.

12. CatoTheElder

On another note, who was Rob Ryan cursing out after the final play? I'm guessing it was either some young Jets player who said something to him, a fan who was screaming at him(unlikely because Rob was screaming into the field) or Tony Romo.

13. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

He also smiled when the center snapped the ball early and he wasn't ready for it.

14. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

I think Rob Ryan is just that good. Mangold, Ferguson, and Moore were brilliant as usual. Hunter was shaky, Slauson was just average. RB protection was up-and-down, liked what I saw from Greene at times. WR and TE blocking could've used some work. Some guys missed assignments.

Overall, though, the pass pro tightened up in the second half and allowed the offense to do enough to win.

15. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

That's the play I was talking about.

16. Mallford

Mallford Member

I don't think Cromarts play was horrible, he was in the right position most of the time. Austin just has the Kung fu grip working.

Loved the hard play by Plex, absolutely blasted Jenkins and got everyone pumped. Bringing major attitude to the outside.

I am loving Ripati, he is just so much fun to watch. Some great plays tonight, this D line is going to gel and be a force.

Consistently I see the coaching staff making adjustments, yeah we might look like shit most of the game but Rex and company do the necessary things to put people in the right position to make a difference.

17. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I think its one of those nervous smiles. I've had shit happen to me that was so stupid that I couldn't help but smile as if to say, "you gotta be shitting me". Either way, fuck him. We're 1-0.

18. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Cromartie literally couldn't have been better positioned on either of the two touchdowns he gave up. He just got beaten by two receivers making two remarkable catches; it sucks, but it happens.

On a tangentially related note, am I the only one who thinks that Miles Austin looks exactly like Alex Rodriguez?

19. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Sanchez was running for his life most of the night. Except for that Sean Lee interception, he acquitted himself well tonight.

20. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Hell of a game and win for out Jets