Jets contact Josh McCown's Reps

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pags2112, Mar 13, 2017.

1. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

This team has an affinity fr disaster, and constantly tries to recreate it? Do they live in a bubble?

Red Menace likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It's the Bubble of Despair.

I've lived it for over 40 years.

Welcome to my nightmare.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Fuck you Joe Namath.

4. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

McCown is on his way for a visit. I would be good with this, vet backup/competition. They were going to bring someone in, doubtful they draft QB at 6 if they sign him.

5. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha. I watched Al Dorow chuck footballs around the Polo Grounds. Yet I have never been as depressed as I am this off season--and the Jets have had some abysmal teams

Red Menace likes this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah...this period seems to have hit a new low, but i think it feels that way because it's fresh in our minds.

Things have been worse if one looks objectively at Jets history. The Kotite years, among others, stand out.

At least the front office is doing "something".

Whether it works out is yet to be seen. If things do get better, it will take some time, and that's maybe why things seem especially depressing now.

I don't have much time left...I'd really like to see positive results quickly...but the route they're taking is no quick fix.

jdon likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It will be Bowles' decision, not Mac's. I'm sure that Mac would prefer for the young guy to start, but we know what Bowles' propensity is.

Pags2112 likes this.
  8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I totally agree that hackenberg (or petty) need to PLAY next year. Even if the jets sign McCown, he should be there as a MENTOR only and NOT as a starter. The jets will NEVER know what they have in hack or petty if they keep PLAYING the washed out greybeards in front of them. Unfortunately the way toilet bowl clung to Fitz and Revis last year, little chance he would ever play anyone who is not already washed up or part of the jets future.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am sure this rebuild has been talked about internally. True Bowles makes decisions on who is starting, but I think he understands the situation. Problem is he is coaching for his job. He could easily make the decisions you are saying if they don't have have an agreement that he is the coach beyond 2017.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You can't go into the season with two players that have a combined four starts, 3 touchdowns/7 interceptions and a 56.4% completion percentage under their belt. Even teams that draft quarterbacks with top 5 picks have a respectable backup that has game experience or plenty of years in the league.

Jameis Winston - Mike Glennon
    Carson Wentz - Chase Daniels
    Jared Goff - Case Keenum

Etc etc.

You need someone in the quarterback room that knows a little bit of what's going on at the very least, even if they don't play.

I'd much rather go this route than the Cutler/RG3/Kaepernick retread route. Those types of players come in and immediately feel a large burden of trying to be the franchise quarterback because they have been teams franchise quarterbacks before.

Josh McCown is a career backup and that's OK with the media.

NCJetsfan and Pags2112 like this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I highly doubt he's coaching for his job on a team that just cut a bunch of starters and is barely signing any free agents.

Maybe he is to an extent but it won't and shouldn't be weighed by wins and losses. You can't rebuild and then turn around and fire a coach who can't win games with a depleted roster.

Jake and The Dark Knight like this.