Jets Choke !

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Draft one of the first round qbs or Hackenberg in the second and have him go against petty. I currently go to penn state and trust me. Hack is the real deal the coaching staff at penn state is just dumber than Rex as an OC

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

He had a choice. That's BS. No CB is worth QB money, let alone a declining selfish 30 year old mercenary with no leadership,skills at all.

NYJetsO12 and VT16 like this.
  3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Mo losing a pay day is not a bad thing for the Jets. It's bad for him.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

To us looking in from the outside, it could appear that way. To Woody & Co. facing a fan revolt, its a very different story.

Br4d likes this.
  5. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

eh, could be kinda tricky. I doubt they are going to want to franchise him and will be watching how he heals. The real question is will some other team swoop in and offer him something because they can and bet on him healing up properly.

6. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

I would like this thread closed. The mods have been closing all threads that are negative towards the Jets and Toilet Bowles. This thread stinks of the SOJ fan mentality and the OP should be banned.

Oh wait the OP is a mod who closes similar threads but not his own. Go figure...

7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Let it out fellas...let it out...

8. Cman68

If you don't like it, too bad.. You can always hit the road.. Nobody is forcing you to post here. Last warning. Your next ban will be your last.

Kerley Shuffle likes this.
  9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Next year maybe we have a coaching staff that understands coaching? Sign me up.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Sorry but we should be allowed a mourning period.

11. Cman68

I dunno NC.. I saw a team that simply couldn't execute on any level today. Revis played scared, Fitz couldn't handle the pressure late and overall, there were mental miscues all over the field. This team wouldn't have beat most teams today. Especially when only 3 players show up and one of those (Ivory) was used so sparingly that I thought the man was hurt. They all knew what was on the line and didn't get it done. When it came down to crunch time, this team folded under the pressure.

In the end, the 2015 NYJ's were not a playoff caliber team. Sadly, neither will the 2016 version. Too much work in front of Mac and too much growing has to be done by TB and his CS. We both knew this was a multiyear renovation NC. We all got hyped up by the 4-1 start and the 5 game win streak. In the end, this team wasn't good enough. Not yet anyways...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!!! I'm not gonna trust you, because you obviously wouldn't know a good QB if he drilled you between the eyes with a spiral. Hackenberg sucks. I wouldn't want him as an UDFA.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The fact that they're not good enough, is why I say they didn't choke. IMO a "choke job" would be if we were a playoff caliber team and didn't have the holes and issues we have, and then played like they did today. IMO they simply played down to their level today. They've been lucky, played over their heads and played with a lot of emotion. Today, they simply ran out of emotion. Some will need to go because they can't elevate their game. Some will need to go simply because they're not good enough in any case. Others will probably need to go because they don't care enough about winning and are content drawing their paychecks. Still others will need to go because they're too slow, not that good anyway, or aren't good fits.

14. Rolling Thunder

Rolling Thunder New Member

I needed time to cool off. Maybe not gag artists. But a win today would have been nice.

15. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

We had two shots at the Patriots this year.

Round one brought us extremely close to a win and our failure left us with key injuries that sent us into a tailspin.

Round two brought us our "SB victory" leaving us with a bad hangover when we had the postseason within our grasp.

Many problems that we had last year got solved but there is a ton of work left to be done.

In the end we were just an average team this year.

No better, no worse.

FJF likes this.
  16. CDes26

CDes26 New Member

Fair enough

I agree with fitz. He's more of a bandaid until they can claim an actual "franchise" QB. I don't think that is geno whatsoever. I liked Bryce in college and I think once he learns how to run an NFL offense, and read a defense he can be a solid QB.

I was a huge fan of resigning revis and still am. He was worth the money, IMO, in every game thus far. Let's not forget he had a big turnover that set them up in the bills territory. Also the fact that he likely resigns with enemy territory if the jets don't sign him. Getting off topic, but I really think MO is their best defensive player. I'm tired of the jets letting these good defenders leave or trade. I also don't wanna see mo go to an afc east team

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  17. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Postgame footage of Bowles talking to Fitz.

18. DaBallhawk

Jets in crunch time.

19. DaBallhawk

Special message from Shia to the jokers in that locker room.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That was a choke job, if I've ever seen one...

They might not have been a true contenders or whatever, but Jet fans deserved better than yesterday's poor excuse of a performance. They lacked focus, NOT prepared. Powell being out there doesn't win this game.

Bills and Rex wanted it more. Plain and simple. Jets played like a bunch of pussies and Revis? Ha! Don't even get me started. Hall of Fame caliber players find a way to make it work, instead he kept giving him that cushion.

The game plan was to not let them beat you deep because Tyrod Taylor and the Bills were one of the best deep passing teams in the league with Watkins in. Still the Jets gave Watkins TOO much respect.

I guess I'll never buy that Wilkerson jersey now that he's good as gone too. Worst possible outcome...

#140 101GangGreen101, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    rohirrim665, 74 and NYJetsO12 like this.