Jets Choke !

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 3, 2016.

1. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Which absolutely is the right mindset to have. I like what he's accomplished in one off season.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Christian

Christian Active Member

I wouldn't really call this a choke. It's Buffalo at home and they're a lot better then people realize. Fitz definetly took a big shit in the biggest game of his career but they did a really good job of exposing our weaknesses on defense. Our front seven is really good but we lack speed at linebacker. Taylor bought so much extra time because he just couldn't be wrapped up in the backfield and took off to extend plays.

3. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

revis showed how overpaid he really is today. I respect his ability, but he has taken a large step backward, whether due to injury or age.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I disagree. The Bills did not run the ball. Revis could not handle Watkins and the jets did nothing about it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

The McKelvin INT was Geno-esque.

6. Christian

Christian Active Member

What are you gonna do about him? They're running a lot of 4 receiver sets so it's harder to double him and combine that with the fact that they have a guy that extends plays it's tough to lock him down.

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

How about realizing that Revis can't cover Watkins and bracket him?

8. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

then what are we paying one corner so much money for?

rohirrim665 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. CDes26

CDes26 New Member

I'll spend my first post here on you :)

How are you not extending Fitz? He had his best year as an NFL QB. No one expected the guy to do even close to what he did. Not to mention the past couple games he was key when we needed him in final minutes.

Not sure why you wouldn't sign our best defensive player, so I'm not even going to attempt that one

none-the-less this team has yet again let me down. more false hope and the SOJ come out to perform when we need them most

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Our fan base ladies and gentleman. 14 posts and 3 in this thread calling them cock throating gag artists

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

PR value? Woody was up against a rock vs. hard place on the Revis issue. Woody had no choice but to bring him back to re-establish faith with the fanbase.

12. Torrential

Torrential New Member

This game was lost on many levels, from the offense, to the defense and down to the special teams. When that happens, the HC needs to accept the blame.
    The HC's team wasn't ready, his team didn't execute, and his team failed to make the right adjustments throughout the game.
    An honest coach would stand up and admit that he blew it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I didn't say NOT to extend Fitz, I said to extend Fitz only for ONE season until either Petty or Geno or Qb X is ready to take over. Fitz is gutsy, intelligent and on occasion lucky. All fine traits for your QB to have but we do play outdoors in the NE. What that means is, your Qb has to have enough arm-strength to throw both with the wind and into it. Your Northern Qb's have to have enough arm strength and accuracy to throw the deep ball to keep defenses honest. Unfortunately, Fitz isn't in that category.

Wilkerson is one man and the money he'll command might be enough to keep two other valuable members of that DLine on the roster. Wilkerson is a great player, but is he worth what he'll be asking for? Remember, we backed up the Brinks truck for Revis and will have to pony up for several other key guys. We still have to revamp our LB's and OLine so the reality is, we might not be able to afford Wilkerson. I think that was one of the underlying reasons why Len Williams was drafted. More or less as a buffer against Wilkerson pricing himself off the team.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Christian

Christian Active Member

Well if I had to guess it was likely due to the fact that we were very thin at the position this past off season and Revis happened to be the best one on the market. Combine that with the fact that they have to spend a certain amount of their cap and you get very highly paid corner.

15. Christian

Christian Active Member

Good idea, i'll bring this up to the coaching staff on Monday.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

That was Leonard Williams tho...

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

All the Int's at the end were bad. Most of the drops by the receivers during the game were bad. The passing game became a weak point in a game where the wind chill put the temperature at about 20 degrees and the wind itself was fierce.

Fitzpatrick obviously doesn't have the arm to throw in Buffalo in wintry weather in late December and early January. Most teams would have tried to run the ball 40 times given that reality but the RB's were banged up at the wrong time.

NYJetsO12 and PulseJet like this.
  18. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Williams has the personal foul. Sheldon jumped on the 4th down play

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Favre had the best year of his career in Minnesotta; how'd that second year turn out for them?

The fact that he had a career year is good for this season; it's foolish to think he'd repeat it next year, as if every other season of his career were the exceptions for what he is not this year.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  20. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

and to add insult to injury Mo has a broken leg, so there goes the pay day for next season. Real good day for us.