Jets chants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Levenhagen, Nov 9, 2011.

1. stanner

stanner Member

Youtube the utah state basketball "winning team losing team" and "i believe" chants. They're pretty impressive.

2. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

There were the famous chants of "Joe Must Go" toward the end of the Walton era.

:jets:

sorry. I didn't see this before I posted . . .

It was a classic, though.

#22 RPOZ51, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  3. Tenn_JetsFanatic

a fight song in the NFL would be great ..... but I can't see Jets fans unifying to singing it

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Anyone remember chanting "M-C-L" when the Pats came to town with Matt Cassel as QB a few years back. That was fun until they walked out winners.

Fuckin Pats.

My fav of all time was "Flutie takes it up the ass, doo daa". Before I has season tickets - Bills game up in the 300's somewhere in 97 I think. About 500 people singing that shit.

5. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I don't know why North American sports haven't adopted the sort of songs that soccer has across Europe and South America. Some of that shit is offensive, some arrogant, some just plain gallows humour, but a lot of it is seriously funny.

6. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

The guy who does it, his voice is unbearable. Sounds like a turd. Gotta get a real man to do it. If the macho man randy savage was still alive, I would elect him.

7. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

This is the best, got the whole bar doing this gem during the giants game last sunday.

And the last Pats game at the old stadium was epic.

8. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

YES! PLEASE get a Brady sucks chant going.

9. RMorin

RMorin Member

J-E-T-S chant when we are kicking off to start the game gets me pumped.

Unfortunately I have only been to the New/Old Meadowlands and the New/Old Foxboro, but we at the very least beat the Pats on a signature cheer. New Foxboro aka Gillette just plays some bon jovi "this is our house" 10-15 times a game, no exaggeration.

10. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

hell yea. I think the brady sucks chant is standard

11. Play Like A Jet

To be honest I'm kind of glad that we don't really have a fight song. Most of them are extremely bad.

I was at the playoff game in Cincy two years ago and they sing the worst song I've ever heard after a scoring drive. It doesn't sound any better when everyone in the stadium sings it either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upHWtPkuD5s

The worst has to be the song they sing at the Browns game though (I think it was stolen from Ohio State). I took a road trip out there from Long Island for the OT game Holmes won for us in the closing seconds and had to be tormented by "Sloopy Hang on" with an O-H-I-O chant mixed in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZJYA8PMf_M&feature=related
    ^(best I could find sorry)

The only awesome "fight song" I've seen is the Styx song Renegade the Steelers play at Heinz Field when they're on defense to pump up the crowd. It's set to the most amazing montage of insane hits made by their players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UelDGx1TQD0&feature=related
    ^ (again the best I could find, but it doesn't do justice to the sense of bone chilling doom you feel as a fan of the opposing team there).

12. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

One thing I've noticed (when I make it in the stadium in time) is when they do the introductions for the opposing teams they'll announce the guys number and name and then the crowd will yell SUCKS!!!!! afterward. Always fun.
    The, "Zach Thomas takes it up the ass, doo-dah, doo-dah" chant can be used for any one.

13. sg3

sg3 Banned

just what we need, a crap song

what's next?? A request for us to sing Lou Holtz's Jet fight song to the music of the Caissons go rolling along??

no singing, thank you

just cheering with joy when Brady is carted off the field on the meat wagon

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

The J E T S chant is unique and great.

The first down chant is horrible and must go

The Let's Make Some Noise thing on the Jumbo screens is also awful. Artificial noise is BS. The crowd will be loud when the play on the field warrants it.

No singing please - this is football and not soccer. Things happen on the field and the fans need to pay attention. I truly believe soccer fans sing to prevent boredom.

The "Brady sucks" chant is one of the worst of all time at Jets games. Let's face, I hate the guy with a passion and think he gets far more credit for some Pats' success than he deserves, but he does not suck and saying it does not make sense. Can't we come up with something better?

80,000 fans chanting "Toooooooooommmmmmmyyyyyy" would be 100x better and more effective than some stupid Brady sucks chant.

15. stanner

stanner Member

The "yankees suck" gets a lot of play up here, but the yankees don't historically suck. I think it's just a taunt.

I don't mind "brady sucks." I know he doesn't, I hope he does on sunday.

16. MexJetinBcn

MexJetinBcn New Member

Different cultures, but something like these two would be EXTREMELY cool. I've been to both stadiums and it's an awesome experience.

[YOUTUBE]PuyqGpiJdAY&feature=fvst[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]v=TspYx7EaF5A&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

(btw: How the hell do I embed videos?, I've been trying for 10 minutes without success)

#36 MexJetinBcn, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  17. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Code:
    [youtube]PuyqGpiJdAY&feature=fvst[/youtube]
    Only include the part after the 'v=' in the youtube link and enclose it in youtube tags

18. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

That's just silly. In soccer they play two 45 min. periods with basically no stoppages other than for an injury. At a football game we sit through 1 1/2 - 2 hrs of downtime between team timeouts, TV timeouts, injuries, reviewed plays, ends of quarters, etc... It's the one thing that drives me crazy about football. The crowd has too much time to relax.

Sure, if there were ever a fight song for the Jets it would probably be corny to some degree, but I think anything that gets all 80,000 people chanting together and creating a raucous home field atmosphere is a plus. I love the J E T S chant but it's pretty short and imo doesn't happen often enough at games.

19. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

If that's what you truly believe, then you're obviously an idiot. If the fans were bored, they wouldn't spend the $80+ a ticket costs to go in the first place.

The atmosphere in some soccer grounds can be absolutely ferocious as a result of the singing. Hearing 60,000 Celtic fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone, 40,000 Leeds doing Marching On Together or 20,000 Cardiff with Men Of Harlech are some of the most impressive and as an away fan, intimidating environments that sport can produce.

20. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Hell Yea ...We have gotten them going in the past and that would be great to do it again!!! Just need more people involved!!