JETS can forget about Bush...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NewEra06, Apr 26, 2006.

1. GreenMachine

I understand where you are coming from, but who would you add? Furgeson? Mario?

2. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Try again on Mel Gray

http://www.detroitlions.com/document_display.cfm?document_id=3845

He wa sa WR/KR. It was Sanders preference to play without a FB

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

you keep him(for now at least), first they have to find out what kind of workload Bush can carry on the next level. add in the fact you never know when a player is going to get injured, dominic davis will now serve as an insurance policy unless they plan on trading him draft day or the end of this upcoming season.

4. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Schlesinger was their FB for a time but Sanders or Fontes did not like using the QB.
    The Lions best season was with Scott Mitchell throwing to Moore and Brett Perriman.
    I believe that was the first team that 1 team had 2 1,000 receivers with a 1,000 yard rusher.

5. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Well the good thing is if they do come to terms with Bush before the draft then the Saints can start negotiating with whoever they want to draft. The Jets FO will get to see who they prefer Mario, Brick or Hawk or trading the pick.

6. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

dude, any team picking in the top 10 probably need help in areas other than RB. That's why they are drafting so low. But with a guy like BUsh, you can't pass him up.

7. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Yeah but a huge % of your cap is now RB.

Hurts you in other areas.

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

well if they think its that much of an issue they can trade him like i said. but eating a few MIL to have a good RB on the bench while you testdrive your 5 yr investment isnt all that nonsensical

i mean i agree with you and have asked this same question, but i can see the logic in keeping davis around for a little longer.

the other thing though is if I'm Kubiak id only let reggie carry the ball about 15 times, the rest hed be at wideout. he does have that ability, so its not like your paying the guy just to run the ball,

#28 Coach K, Apr 26, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  9. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

?!? Haven't we already? If you, as a fan, have not, as of yet, given up on the prospetct of him coming here you need to now. We pick 4th. Not second. The way I look at it is that with Bush and the Texans out of the picture, we pick 3rd in a LOADED draft. #1 skills can be had at any of the top 4/5 picks if we just choose a position of need and let's face it, we need lots.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Guess I'll have to cancel my order on the Jets Bush jersey. dammit!

11. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

WTF? Who the hell was thinking about him?
    I havn't throught about Reggie Bush in a Jets uniform since December.

12. Z-Dog

Z-Dog New Member

REally?

HOw about:

CIN - Palmer, Johnson & Johnson
    SD - Rivers, Tomlinson, Gates
    NYG - Manning, Burress, Shockey

And that's not including any players about to be drafted this year.

13. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

really how about Johnson needs to stay on the field, Carr is a giant question mark, he may be to the point he won't be able to turn his game around due to the beating he's taken (trust me, if you actually think if you just get a solid line in front of him he'll be an all-pro immediately you are wrong, he's a drastically different QB than he was when he came in the league, he holds on the ball to long, isn't quick in his decision making, tends to drop the set play to soon, etc), and Bush also has a chance to bust (it's not like he has no possibility of ending up average to not a good player..hell have you looked at the Texans schedule)

that team is terrible, id be more worried about getting a top DE, another DT, a LB or two, another CB, two safeties, at least one if not two guards, and at the least two OT's, a TE, and possibly one more WR (moulds isn't young you know)...than thinking about what Reggie Bush will do.

They arguably have more holes than we do.

14. Z-Dog

Z-Dog New Member

The actual origins of the Dallas O-line

Mark Tuinei - FA (and originally a D-lineman)
    Nate Newton - FA (originally drafted by WASH)
    Kevin Gogan - 8th rounder (would be a street FA today)
    Mark Stepnoski - 3rd round pick
    Erik Williams - 3rd round

Oh and Larry Allen - 2nd round pick

In other words, six pro bowlers without a single first-round pick. Sometimes getting the horses is about luck, but it's usually about a great scouting department and a great coaching staff. What it's not necessarily about is a lot of 1st-round picks.

#34 Z-Dog, Apr 26, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2006