Jets at Dolphins - Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Sep 22, 2010.

1. 624

624 Banned

Even if they both were, which would affect the team more?

A starting QB or a rotational OLB?

2. Phinzmania

Phinzmania New Member

I have a bad feeling the Jets will win this meeting. I just havent seen enough big plays from Henne to think he can pull the trigger quick enough when the Jets blitz our asses to kingdom come..

Jets 24

Dolphins 21

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I think the JETS need to control the Fins early. The Fins should be all jacked up being 2-0 and playing at home for the first time. I'm hoping the JETS can score first and force a couple of early 3 and outs.

I think it will be a well played, defensive struggle. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Fins win. We are on the road, the Fins are playing well, they have a good D, we have all kinds of distractions and lots of injury issues.

I'll be a homer though and say 20-13 JETS.

4. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I predict a Jets win, but more importantly, I predict a bit on Sportscenter titled: Who is Jeff Cumberland?

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Where are these predictions coming from?

We give up an average of 12 pts a game...and now face the worst offensive team of the first 3.

(and a team whose defense gave up 350 odd yards to Minny last week....)

20 -10 Jets on a late score by the phinz..

6. Phinzmania

Phinzmania New Member

I dunno, but its gonna be a blood-bath! I hope both teams show up and give us another nail biter like always.

As much as I dislike the Jets I know you have a great Team this year, especially when Holmes hits the sideline. We need to win this one because barring injuries to the Jets, Our secondary isnt good enough to control a WR core with Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery and Keller.
    I think we can control the running game..

We need a win this time around...

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Good thing for you Holmes isn't back yet.

as a Jets fan I worry about them going into a running shell early to neutralize the young guys you have coming upfield.

8. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

[​IMG]

9. Phinzmania

Phinzmania New Member

Good thing for you Holmes isn't back yet.

as a Jets fan I worry about them going into a running shell early to neutralize the young guys you have coming upfield.

Yea unfortunately thats why we need this win Sunday. Next meeting will be a different Jets team and in your house. I just threw up in my mouth a little thinking about it. :(

#209 Phinzmania, Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  10. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I predicted 23-16 in this thread earlier but I'll explain since I'm bored as shit

Analysis - QB/Run/Receivers/DEF/ST/intangibles

Quarterback - This one is a toss up.. I'll give Henne a slight edge. I think Henne and Sanchez have pretty equal talent. Henne is a better pocket passer and tends to be more consistent than Sanchez. His upside is lower but his faults and bad games occur less often. Sanchez excels on the run/bootleg and has shown he can be a world beater when his game is on full swag. When he has a bad game, well it's terrible. It depends on which Sanchez we see, I think we see the average Sanchez sunday night.
    - Henne : 183 yards passing. 1 TD 1 INT.
    - Sanchez : 169 yards passing. 1 TD 1 INT.

Running Game : Advantage Jets. Now, this is not to say the Dolphins have a bad stable of backs, it's quite good actually. I think both teams use their respective versions of the wildcat, the Dolphins more-so. I'd rate the combo of Shonn Greene and LT as an A- while Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown are a B. I think Ricky is getting up in age and R Brown hasn't shown the magic he's displayed in years past. The Jets offensive line gets the nod over the Fins as well.
    - Dolphins : 119 yards rushing
    - Jets : 153 yards rushing

Receivers - Marshall, Bess, Hartline, Fasano vs Edwards%?, Cotchery, Clowney/Smith, Keller. Pretty equal I think. I think the WRs all have pretty pedestrian games on both sides with the TEs putting up the majority of the yards. Look for both Fasano and Keller to have good games.

Defense - Even with the injuries this one goes to the Jets. The Dolphins front seven is better but the Jets secondary is better. Combined, I think the Jets defense sans: Jenkins, Revis, and Pace is stouter. The Dolphins defense is young with talented high-motor guys. Fins defense deserves more credit, but at best I think they're a top 10 D. The Jets are a top 5 D.

Special Teams - I can't comment on the Dolphins ST because I haven't really payed attention to the kicking/punting/coverage. I won't pretend to know either. The Jets have looked phenomenal on ST though. Folk and Weatherford look like probowlers. The coverage and schemes by Westhoff have looked great too.

Intangibles - How does Sanchez play? Missed field goals or safeties? Home field advantage? Weather? Taking stuff like this into account, I think the intangibles would benefit the Fins more than the Jets.

In a close one that comes down to the final 5 minutes of the 4th quarter, the Jets pull it off: 23 to 16.

11. Phinzmania

Phinzmania New Member

Good Analysis and I agree with pretty much all of it.. Our ST sucks. We just dropped the little dork pro bowler from Tampa - he was hideous on returns. If Nolan Carroll is returning kicks we may be at least decent on ST.

12. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

The way the fins offense has played anyone predicting they score 20 points on us is out of their mind, I think we will win this one easy, we could of beat the Ravens and their stout D if we didn't go pussy with the play calls. I figure the Jets try and establish the run early, if it doesn't work which it may not since Miami's run D is pretty nice then we will start to slice up their secondary in the second half, it looks like we are going to start up like last season(when we played well), quiet first half and erupt in the second. Which I like.

13. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

I agree w/this.

also, containing ronnie, and rickey is key, if we do this, it will be very diffucult to score on us.

#213 ajetsfan4ever, Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  14. Tolan

Tolan New Member

Only thing in this I say is wrong with this analysis, our O-line is great but Miami has some serious talent upfront too. I say its a match if not a slight edge to Miami because of Slausons inexperience.

15. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Haven't seen any of the Dolphins games and i'm not someone who likes making predictions just based off stats, so honestly i don't know what to expect

From highlights they seem to have a good defense this year & i know they can still wear a team out with their run game

On the other hand, our run D has been lights out. I'm not that worried about Marshall. I think Cro will do a decent job but he's not going to shut him down, like he did moss. I can see him having a 5 catches for 60 sum yards. I just hope that none of those catches are big plays

Last year, we should have won both games. We beat ourselves. But can't really go off just that, because they have gotten better

Id love to see us kick their ass and blow em out but that's a rare thing in the NFL

I just hope for a win

16. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Good job overall. I think Sanchez gets the slight edge over Henne though. People are so tough on Sanchez because of that horrible stretch he had last season, but people seem to forget that he came up pretty big when it mattered the most, which shows me so much about his work ethic and confidence. Sanchez is actually very good at throwing on the run, something Henne can't really do. I think Sanchez will definitely end up being the superior QB.

I also think you gotta give the dolphins the receiver edge until Holmes gets back simply based on Marshall.

:finssuck:

17. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

Could be another tough night for Sanchez. Man I wish we had Holmes for this game

18. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Did anybody watch that Miami-Minnesota game? That Vikings offensive line is absolutely awful. I don't anticipate the Jets line getting pushed around and beat so easily

19. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Uh...Miami's right guard is a rookie and their new center is average at best

20. FakeSpikeLOL

FakeSpikeLOL New Member

Oh please...everyone in the fu#king world predicted the Vikings would win. I can't wait til the Fins dominate the Jets...I'm so sick and tired of the BS excuses!!!!!