Jets Aquire Bobby Hamilton from Raiders

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FITM, Sep 2, 2006.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

It's about depth. Before Hamilton we had exactly one DT, DRob. The others are out for the year. We needed someone to backup DRob, so he doesn't wind up dead by the end of the year. His knees are a mess. We need to treat him better than Herm treated CMart.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

NO matter how we treat #63 cause of the bone on bone his knees will ache until he stops playing FB & starts treating the knees with TLC. Go to your sports MD & have him explain to you exactly what bone on bone means sinces it seems you have not yet grasped the meaning of it.

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Well, I suggest you go to the roster page on the Jets' site and see that DRob is a defensive tackle, not a fullback.

I know what the hell a bone on bone is. Both Martin and Robertson are suffering it, and neither is going to get "better." The point is, DRob is still young, and we need to preserve any time we can for him.

Now please go back to your high school, and bitch-smack your English teacher sinces it seems you have not yet grasped the meaning of the language. (Besides, I thought you were ignoring me. The last time we argued you said you wouldn't speak to me again unless I PM'd you and learned how to understand you. I fell for it, and tried, but your inbox was stuffed. Not that I think I will ever understand the way you write. I am SLW after all, CIA.)

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

FB = Football or Fullback...but I guess your just trying to look smarter than everyone else, the italics are helpng out with that too. Pretty awesome.

5. championjets69

Yes sorry about the inbox but it is now clear so you can try again if U wish. Anytime we play Hamilton that is ANYTIME we are going even further down hill on the DL then with Kimo/DeW/SE do you not realize this? Shucks you are talking here of our player that was not even good enough to make our team in the 90s now he is 10/12 years older so what do you expect from him now? It makes me wonder if the NYJ heritage of fielding less then quality players is continuing just like it was under D/way & Leon Hess before the so called "new" regime took over

6. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Nobody is dubbing him Reggie White - except you, in your cartoonish way..
    Shaun Ellis and Ty Warren.
    Those are your words. Nobody else's.

Anything further?

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Champ, I'll PM you, because I think you do really try to make points with your posts. I don't ever seem to agree with you, but I would like to see if I can at least understand you.

Anyway, back to the post, I think you are misunderstanding the point of the trade. It wasn't to get someone talented in here. It was simply because we don't have anyone else to back up the position. Everyone got hurt during preseason. DRob was the sole DT, in a defensive scheme where he is the only on at the position. That's bad news for him health-wise. Sure, it's not going to get better while he is playing at all, but it's not going to improve too much if he sits either. He has to play, but we need to rest him as often as possible. This move was nothing but a stop-gap. Nothing long-term, just something to get us through this year.

8. championjets69

I understood all that you posted & I am saying that Hamilton can actually qualify as a non player as has no ability whatsoever. They could have probably picked up someone off the cut list that would be a baby step up from Hamilton

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I think you are wrong Champ. All it's about is the body, not having a quality player at the position.

If your argument is that we should have waited a couple days to see if anyone was released to bolster the depth, then I agree.

My opinion on the subject is that this trade was done simply to get a living body into the position so that DRob doesn't have to play every down all season long.

I understand his injury. It isn't going to get better. The key is, how do we make sure it doesn't become worse this year? There is too much invested in him to have him taking up a spot on IR. At least Hamilton comes in for a few plays and let's Robertson sit a few plays on each drive.

Believe me, if we can find a way to bring in someone more qualified to play the position, maybe even challenge for the starting role, I am all for it. Again, I don't believe that was the point of this trade.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I was listening to KNBR San Francisco yesterday on the web and Hamilton was a guy the Raiders were going to cut anyway so thye got a draft pick out of us for a guy that was gonna be unemployed in a few hours.... not a great move by Mangini.

Honestly I'd rather have waited till the cuts and pick up a young guy like Dan Klecko rather than trade for some garbage like Hamilton. Making the move for Hamilton is like bringing in Chester the Cheeseburger a few years ago except we gave up a pick for this crap.

11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I don't think he's worth even a 7th rounder. This is ridiculous. We're getting washed-up guys because they've played the 3-4? Screw the damn 3-4!

12. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

I prefer the 4-3 anyway...but it appears more and more teams are moving to a 3-4.

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

If we had the personnel for it, I wouldn't mind the 3-4 at all as a base. More flexibility. But we don't. And Mangini is forcing it in.

These moves are just not good football moves.

14. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Time out for a second. A seventh round pick will MAYBE enjoy a few years on the roster. Mostly scout team. Let's assume that we get nothing but scout team work out of Hamilton. With the number of teams playing 3-4, he'd be a valuable addition. Plus, he's played for the Patriots and Raiders - that's three of our sixteen games where he'd have value.

I wish he were younger, but I don't see us as frivolously trading away our future to get the guy.

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

A 7th round pick usually doesn't do much for your team. But it's kind of like taking a shot. Maybe you'll hit with the pick. Maybe not. Either way, it'll be high in the round.

I don't see any upside to having Bobby Hamilton on the team. He maybe provides depth this season. Great. I'd rather have the 7th than a washed up guy whose only value is that he's played in the 3-4.

16. The thing that's being forgotten is that like Parcells, Mangini likes to have vets around who know the system and who can set an example.

It has worked for Parcells as well as Bellichick...and now Mangini is trying it. Hamilton will bring experience and leadership for the young players to learn from.

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

How many 7th round/undisclosed picks have we got to trade away? I suppose the ones we got for Jolley and Bollinger are the ones used on Ryan and Hamilton? Not to forget we already gave up our 6th rounder this year for Pete Hunter, if I recall correctly, who didn't even get out of camp last year...could be a very short second day for us next draft.

18. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I can't see how Hamilton will see much playing time , so it must just be influence hes been hired for.

19. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

FITM strikes again with "aquire"

20. championjets69

Ha as soon as Hamilton appears on the field the OLman will be licking there chops as he will on his a$$ immediately & the other team will have a nice gain. Now it comes out we could have gotten him for free if we waited a few hours. To give up a draft pick for this nobody is really distressing & appears our management had there heads in the sand on this one.