Jets acquire CB Quincy Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Apr 25, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I love what Douglas has done in FA and the draft. I agree that our OL will be a lot better. I love the Becton pick. I think he will be a perennial All Pro for us. Really like what I've read about Clark so far, including that like Becton, he is a masher and likes to put DL on the ground. Also like that they are friends already. They could form a new left side of the OL for the next 10 years. I think Fant is going to be a good player for us, and really liked the McGovern signing. Bell will have some holes to run through, and Sam will have time to find his receivers.

I think that Douglas could have done more in FA with more cap space, but it is what it is. All of our holes weren't getting filled in one offseason anyway. I think he did about as well as could be expected. He improved depth and added players with ability, versatility and who don't commit penalties on the OL. I loved his approach. Aside from Amari Cooper, there weren't really any very good WR options in FA and he was too expensive. I like the signing of Perriman and think he will be a good addition. I'm disappointed that Douglas didn't draft another WR, and it was disappointing to have to bypass Lamb and Jeudy, but believe we had to get Becton. Hopefully, Josh Doctson can stick and finally start showing why he was a 1st round pick in the draft several years ago.

I think Clark will be a very good starter for us based on what I've read so far. I think Davis will be a STs star and a valuable role player, and could develop into a very good starter for us if the Jets move on from Maye. Perine seems like he could be a good backup or part of a rotation at RB. I don't really know enough about him yet, but don't think he was drafted with the thought of his being the starter next season and beyond. Would have preferred a gadget type player that was a HR hitter like Antonio Gibson or Anthony McFarland, but hope that Perine will be a solid backup. I have hopes that Morgan will develop into a quality backup, but don't really know anything about him. I think we needed to draft a QB, but wanted Anthony Gordon.

I loved taking Mann in the 6th round and think he will be huge for us. I won't say that I couldn't be more pleased with what Douglas has done so far, but I'm very pleased. I think we finally have a true quality GM, and he will have us in great shape within the next couple of years.

#21 NCJetsfan, Apr 25, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    LogeSection2RowJ and tomdeb like this.
  2. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Nice post--agree with about all. I really think Davis will be starting FS in 2021 because jets do not want to sign/pay TWO safeties big money. Also think 2020 offense will feature lots of two TE sets. Also curious to see if Douglas hangs on to winters, williamson and bellamy--three guys who carry no cap hit if released. I thought they all would have been moved/ released either before or by the end of the draft. In fact, cutting williamson and winters just about funds what SS Adams wants for a yearly salary.

Mogriffjr and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I agree 100% on your tea-leaf reading--Doctson is going to get a full chance.

4. JetsCuseYanksFan

I’m not surprised at all we didn’t take a 2nd wide receiver - and glad we used the picks elsewhere. As others have mentioned, we have two above average tight ends (Herndon, Griffin), so we will be using a lot of 2 tight end sets. Plus, one of the best pass catching running backs in the game (and now Perine who also has that ability, being split out wide and in the slot in college). Add Perriman and Mims to stretch the field, Crowder and Berrios in the slot or underneath, and we have plenty of “receiving” options. And depth with Doctson, Smith, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk