Jets acquire #3 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Mar 17, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Utter nonsense imo.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

I agree. Obviously, they are fearful, anxiety-ridden, masochists. They don't want the Jets to succeed and win. They want to be miserable and have something to complain about. It's pathetic and sad.

3. NCJetsfan

Tom, his name is McCOWN, not McNOWN!!!

Aero, Ralebird, HomeoftheJets and 2 others like this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Every chance. Mac has gotten great intel from at least a dozen sources now on what both teams are doing. Now if he could just figure out why a dozen well informed people all have different inside information we'll be getting somewhere. :)

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. NJJets20

NJJets20 Active Member

What is wrong with this fanbase? I can't even begin to fathom how some fans on this message board are complaining about finally moving up to grab our franchise QB. Anyone suggesting that we might take a non-QB at 3 has serious issues. I understand not being happy with giving up the three second rounders, but it seems like a more than fair price compared to the recent trade ups for quarterbacks in the draft. This team has been desperate for a franchise QB my entire life and its about time we do what it takes to get one.

Can't wait to hear Mayfield, Darnold, or Rosen's name called on April 26th.

6. NCJetsfan

Darnold - Rodgers? ROFLOL! No way.

7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

If we had that much faith in Teddy we wouldn't have signed him to only a one-year deal.

8. NCJetsfan

I don't see the Jets taking Darnold. He turns the ball over too much both via interceptions and fumbles. He has the least starting experience of any of the top 5 QBs. He has the slow delivery and flawed mechanics, and may not be able to fix the delivery/throwing motion. I think he will need to sit for a year, maybe longer. Mac cannot afford another project QB.

TwoHeadedMonster and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

If they take Baker at 3, then they lose 3 picks because he would've been available with the 6th pick.

10. NCJetsfan

I can't see him taking Barkley even then. He has to get a QB this offseason. Do you really think he's gonna trust his career on Hack or Teddy's health or staying here? I don't. He may not like it, but I think he will take the QB he likes 3rd and maybe even 4th best before he would consider Barkley. He may hate it, but he has to roll the dice.

11. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Will the giants really draft a qb?

They sacked their HC after benching eli manning. Really think they'll ride eli till he retires and not want to upset him by having a #2 pick sat behind him.

They paid Solder. What better way to help your QB than have a once in a decade OG? Or have a once in a decade RB?

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails and egelband like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

Bullshit!

13. NCJetsfan

Yes, we would have. That's what Teddy wanted. I don't think he would have signed a two-year or longer deal.

14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Cade McNown says hi.

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

It would really help if people knew who they were actually talking(ranting) about.

17. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

this does make sense. But how much do you think (or, more importantly, the Giants front office thinks) Eli Manning has left in the tank? He’s 37 this year. The Giants must know QB is the key position and could take a couple years to develop. If this QB class is as good as advertised they probably should be dipping in.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/17/n...m&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si

This is a great article by Albert Breer that should answer some of the questions and complaints, and hopefully make everyone feel better about the trade up.

Following are a couple of key quotes from the article.

and

and

19. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Just looking for NFL comparisons. Obviously Darnold isn't Rogers but he is a big guy, athletic, kind of a gunslinger mentality. Can make mistakes but also something out of nothing, like Rogers. Rosen is more pocket precision fluid passer. He's a techician like Manning and Brady.

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Right. And the top five are each guaranteed to be better than the guy after him? I can pretty much guarantee that at least one quarterback taken in the sixth position or later will turn out to be much better than at least two of the quarterbacks taken before him.

Of course no one knows which is which until a season or two go by. In the meantime it's not like the Jets needed those three second round picks to plug gaping holes in the lineup anyway, right?