Jets 2021 Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MaximusD163, Mar 24, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I definitely agree!

2. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Updated for estimated 4-3 positional changes

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  3. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

the QB DEATH CHART

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

i think bold are pretty much fated

agree on Fant and Chowda

matt robinson 17 and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Fant actually graded out well

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I think van rotten and Shepard stay (depth players) as well as crowder and fant (starters) rest look like goners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

Van Roten had a better PFF grade than Brian Winters but he looked as bad in not worse, another turnstyle at RG imho

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  8. Sack exchange

Agree, but I think JD likes him, and will keep another year to compete for starting job. I think he loses out to draft pick.

9. MaximusD163

There’s no reason to cut Shepherd, he’s extremely cheap and you don’t really save any money.

Van Roten is cheap as well so he will stick to training camp at the very least. What he’s being paid is fine even for a backup Guard.

I think Fant’s athleticism will play well in the new scheme so I don’t see him moving on.

Crowder is harder to say, I don’t know what his fit would be in the new scheme. He’s a bit small to be a productive blocker, but he might be a useful guy to use in a lot of pre-snap motions. I would see him as a trade asset though, I wouldn’t want to release him outright. Then again maybe they will have a good plan for him.

NCJetsfan and Mogriffjr like this.
  10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I would hope we could find a spot for Crowder...the guy is a good receiver...gets open, good hands....any decent OC could make good use of him regardless of the system

I hate that we all too often in our history find reasons to get rid of the few good players we have..,,and there’s always a fucking excuse....Keyshawn was too selfish, Hugh Douglas didn’t fit the scheme, Sheldon Richardson had off field issues, Revis was too greedy, Abraham was injured for a playoff game, Moss wasn’t tough enough....Jesus the list of excuses goes on and on. And all of those players played well after leaving here. I hated getting rid of each one of these guys at the time and their subsequent success was like rubbing salt in the womb.

we’d have been a much better team WITH all those guys...and I’m sure I’m leaving out a bunch more too.

seriously, the clowns running our shop deserve all the shit they get.

I hope JD does better....but for all the talk about building through the draft that we’ve heard from this franchise, they drafted extremely badly, and then on the few exceptions where we actually drafted good to great players, we found reasons to NOT sign them more often that not.

I have high hopes for JD and now for Saleh...I think we need this jolt of excitement after Bowles and Gase, and I think JD is the best qualified GM since Parcells....

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Sack exchange

Agree with trading away good talent, and never replacing them. I would add rob moore to the list, he left and went off in Arizona. We let two players go in expansion draft as well, lageman and Glenn. They were still nice players. For the sake of not paying them. As a franchise, we really need to stop that, if player earns 2nd contract pay the man! When we do pay, turns out bad! Wilkinson comes to mind, but there are others. One thing Salah said in press conference I liked was that he likes to see players get their due pay,

NCJetsfan and Jets79 like this.
  12. Sack exchange

I read that maybe jj watt might be available via trade, would he be good pickup. I would be all in for 3rd rounder... but not sure the pay. He is 31.

13. NCJetsfan

No. He is at the end of his career and is too expensive. Adding younger veterans who can be here a long time is who we should be looking at signing.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He's still got enough left in the tank to be a solid contributor and he'd be a great veteran presence in the locker room for a young team, that would be an interesting pickup. I think he makes more sense on a contending team that wouldn't be relying on him as much as the Jets would be though, he's injured fairly often.

15. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

A player like that needs a winning team.

He'll play for scraps at a chance of a ring, and he deserves that chance.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

crowder is perfect for the role deebo plays in SF. fits the system well. we don't have a kittle though and mims doens't really fit the system but i'm sure we'll make it work. I'd love to draft amon ra st brown in the 2nd. he's perfect for the system

17. MaximusD163

Debo is 6’ 216 while Crowder is 5’9” 177... Crowder is not going to be of any use blocking on the edge, and he doesn’t have the physicality to be a regular ball carrier. I think those two players are very different

abyzmul and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

he may not be much of a blocker but he's plenty physical and picks up YAC with his shiftyness. which is what deebo does in the offense. he does block at times but not that often. mims should be capable of being a good blocker with his size but time will tell.

in SF offense deebo is rarely used to block. kittle lines up wide to block and ayaiuk and deebo takes the WR screen passes. deebo only blocks on runs

19. NCJetsfan

Mims is already a good blocker. He was a very good blocker in college.

20. GasedAndConfused

college isn't NFL. I want to see it in an NFL game. NFL players are much tougher to block then college players