Jets 2020 Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MaximusD163, Mar 20, 2020.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Updated for the trade.

2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

When we look at the 2020 roster we also need to look at the needs of Brent Boyer. I would watch the names he quoted in this article. In particular Cannon and Cashman. Cannon is our best special teams player and Cashman was rated by Jets scouts as the best ST player in last years draft. If both are healthy this year they should both be almost automatic locks on the roster because of their ST play. Although Cannon's biggest issue is remaining healthy.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not a big fan of Cannon at all. I'd like to see that kid RB we drafted take a shot at being the KO guy. I remember what happened when we let Leon Johnson do KO's.

4. MaximusD163

Perine isn’t really a KR guy, he doesn’t really have that kind of speed.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with the basic sentiment in bold. I don't think that Cannon should be an automatic lock for a roster spot. He offers nothing on offense. We have a number of other speedy players now who could contribute on offense or defense as well as STs. I'd give multiple players a shot to take Cannon's roster spot. If by the end of TC he's still the best STs player we have, then fine, keep him.

Noam likes this.
  6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It depends on his health. With Boyer calling him out by name and stating Cannon is a top 5 gunners in the league it is pretty evident Boyer really likes him. It would be unlikely, not to give Boyer a roster spot for the teams best special teams player. Now if Cannon is still hampered by injury, has lost speed or gets injured once again then he has something to worry about. Given his size and injury history one has to wonder how many years he will have in this league. he won't get to keep all of his guys evident by the Eric Tomlinson cut last camp but he should get to keep his best 3 or 4.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I liked the look of Cashman and not just as a special teams player, it was a shame he got injured.

It is hard to imagine Cannon being a demon in the tackle tbh but he must be decent if Boyer is naming him top 5

Noam likes this.
  8. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Cannon is an awesome gunner, and I think these he'll be on the team as they keep 4 RBS. Davis going to be the return man.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  9. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

With no FB on the roster. This opens up to 4 RBs.

Although when it comes to the 46 on game day. Im not sure if you want to bring 4 to the party.

We might have one of the WRs or CB's take the spot. Unless your devin hester or even corradelle patterson, you have to contribute on the pitch at another sport somehow.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah I was thinking that too. He's always flying around. He's like Matthew Slater in the sense that they probably don't really count him as a runningback.

Returners are less relevant and should really be able to handle both punts and kicks if they're kept solely for that, which they really aren't. They gotta be amazing for me to be OK with them bringing the ball our of the end zone. Justin Miller kinda dude.

11. MaximusD163

Up to date for COVID and opt out lists.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/four-jets-veterans-placed-on-to-active-injury-lists

Four Jets Veterans Placed on to Active Injury Lists
    Joe Flacco, Ryan Griffin, Avery Williamson Moved to Active/PUP, Dan Brown to Active/NFI; Rookie DL Domenique Davis Released

Randy Lange
    NYJETS.COM CONTRIBUTOR

The Jets have moved four veterans to active injury lists and have released an undrafted free agent rookie as their training camp gets under way.

Three players — QB Joe Flacco, TE Ryan Griffin and LB Avery Williamson — have been placed on the Active/Physically Unable to Perform list. A fourth, TE Dan Brown, has been placed on the Active/Non-Football Injury list.

DL Domenique Davis, signed by the Jets out of Division II UNC Pembroke, has been waived.

I wonder what in the heck Davis did to get waived already. Show up out of shape? Not studied the playbook?

13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we are deep on the d-line he is an UDFA i'm guessing freeing up a roster spot or preparing for cuts. doubt he had any chance to make the team this is better for him to get released early since no preseason and all

14. MaximusD163

Jets need to get down to 80 players. Someone had to go

15. MaximusD163

Reserve Lists and Roster count corrected.

16. MaximusD163

Actually looks like they can stay at 90 man roster if they split buildings. Maybe Davis did come in out of shape.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...ning-camp-increases-practice-squad-tally/amp/

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

18. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

I kind of like what I have seen at of Cannon in his limited playing time.

19. MaximusD163

20. MaximusD163

Fully Updated for Current Roster Moves