Jet Vets want Rex Back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Endlessly Counting, Dec 22, 2012.

1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

True, but it the only spot where he adds value to the team. If not he should be fired. Honing in on just the Defense is what a DC does, and that's all he has done since he has been here.

2. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

Fire the buffoon...What Tanny can only make mistakes with on the field personnel, IMHO, he can't put together a winning coaching staff either...Rex is in over his head, last year was a red flag & this year it is confirmed...

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Again I like Rex,,,but I want a head coach that KNOWS what he is doing NOT learning what to do. The fiasco of last year and way we melted down , Rex losing the pulse and claiming to not have a clue to the problems, the Miami game, making Holmes captain,and then this team coming out this year and looking like it did / has,,,,,ugh ! 2012 in my eyes was the " one more year " for Tanny and Rex ,,,do not promote a gm from within,,do not promote coordinators or coaches from within those are only band aides and do nothing to solve this organizations problems ! Blow it up top to bottom,,,it's over we are a mess and we have been a joke / circus all year !

4. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Considering I want most Jets...including veteran players...to go, who cares what they think? Clean house.

5. PaPZ187

PaPZ187 Member

Yeah lets try to sign Sean Peyton, because he can coach both sides of the ball instead of just one LMFAO

Remember Greg Williams had to come in and instill a legit D to go along with Peyton's O to win a SB. Unless Peyton comes here WITH Drew Brees or another top tier QB it won't mean sht, so forget about it.

Defense is much harder to coach and be successful at than O in this NFL, and Rex has given us a LEGIT D without a friggin pass rusher! The only problem I have had with Rex was the Sparano hiring. The next coordinator needs to be a guy like Norv Turner, and given what Rex has got out of limited talent throughout his tenure, he should have one more shot at getting someone to run a solid Offense.

Sent from my LG-P999

#65 PaPZ187, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  6. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Rex wouldn't bring in a Norv Turners because he wants to ground and pound. If Rex is still here next year I'd expect same style offense. If you haven't figured it out, from day one Rex has been trying to recreate the Ravens.

#66 Jon_Snow, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  7. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

I'm sure the vets love it. Zero accountability, locker room doesn't care one bit about anything. Easy cash. Who on this team has fire under their ass?

8. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

True Dat...:up:

9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

lmao.......

10. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Of course they want him back. With Rex there is absolutely no accountability on this team

11. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

They didn't exactly play like they wanted him back today...or they played like they knew he would be back anyway.

12. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

of course they do. it's a "if you scratch our back we'll scratch yours" kinda thing. Rex has always been loyal to his vets.

13. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

If Rex can't adapt to the modern day Nfl then he can hit the bricks

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

So, you want to get a new GM and coach in here who have probably never run a team before and have them learn on the job?

This is the problem: you fire these guys, and you're hiring people who either are new to the job themselves or have been fired elsewhere. Or, you're getting someone who is coming out of retirement. There's no magic elixir to this.