Jet Cuts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Aug 31, 2012.

1. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

The fact that we cut 4 of our draft picks is actually a positive sign. It shows that the coaching staff is not playing favorites and simply wants to keep the best players regardless of where and how they were obtained. We're also talking about late round picks. Let's not over react and see how this plays out.

2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

That's certainly one way to look at it, that Rex is gonna keep who he thinks can help the team most.. But it still makes you question the talent evaluation people.

3. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Scouting 6th and 7th round guys is kinda hit or miss. They either work out, or they don't.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I do feel weirdly annoyed by the cutting of these guys after getting so (over-)excited by them during the draft process.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I've been questioning them for years. It's not a new concept.

6. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

About 3 mil more and tanny would have enough for MJD

Not that we should do that. ....im just sayin.

7. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Why the fuck was Antonio Allen cut. his ass better be on the practice squad.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Allen got exposed in coverage but he was a nice hard hitting safety. He's got a lot to learn, and I hope he learns it on our practice squad because I could see him being a rotational player with his size and speed.

9. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Though my memory isn't the best, I also recall that in the past few years, people were critical of the coaching staff for keeping late round draft choices (over UFA's) that appeared to have been outplayed by UFA's during training camp.

I guess you can't win either way you do things.

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

you just have to ignore the negative nelly fans who choose to view everything in as negative a light as possible. no matter what there is some percentage of the fans who insist upon trashing the coach the gm or the owner despite the fact that the Jets have been amongst the most successful teams in the NFL in recent years.

11. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

casserly, polihan> tannybum

12. mr nyjet

who is the idiot who guaranteed contracts to schlins and wayne hunter for this year? think there was at least close to $3 million tied up in there?

13. mr nyjet

really? giants have 2 lombardi trophies in 4 years. we have no division championships in 10 years, no conference championships, and watch the super bowl on tv with the bills.

our record against the eagles, for example, is downright embarassing.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

There was never a chance..even assuming they would have traded him which they said emphatically they would not. Next year's cap will be just under 121 million. The Jets are currently on the books next year for 139 million. So even though they will cut half the team to get down to 120 they still aren't going to spend yet another 10 on a fuckin RB.

Oh, and this 140 million now is only for 37 of the 53 players currently on the team..I don't feel like going through the exercise but we must have a ton of FAs as well which aren't even included here.

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary13.html

Thank our cap genius GM of the year for that.

I went through it..Our FAs..Greene, Cumberland, Keller, Moore, Slauson, Pititoua, Landry, Cook..and others

How the hell to we re-sign any of them and get down to 121 mil and sign a quality RB?

#94 Don, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

And we have a 100% record against the Texans and are 8-1 against the Vikings...

The Giants have a top tier QB we don't - we rolled the dice on Sanchez but you cant put the fact its yet to come up trumps down to the FO - everyone is scrabbling to get the very few top QBs that are around and only a handful of teams are going to get lucky.

16. NewYorkEveryThing

I know.Thought he was a steal.Someone will pick him up.Got cut over eric smith who is terrible.L.landry who gets hurt every year and Y bell who is one of the oldest players on the team.

17. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Antonio Allen will join Jets practice squad, as others reported. Jets keep 2 of cut draft picks on PS. #nyj

so everyone can calm theyselves

18. NewYorkEveryThing

And signed hayden smith for another 1.5 million.And cut him.

19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

our record against the eagles, for example, is downright embarassing.[/QUOTE]

It is more frustrating than embarassing - something always seem to go wrong when the Jets play the Eagles. the Jets blow huge leads - they get blown out - or they simply play them in the wrong year. We haven't faired well against the Steelers, Ravens, Redskins, 49ers, or even the Rams either. Remember they only play an NFC division once every four years...look at the Jets record against Green Bay (8-3) or Minnesota (8-1). They also are 5-0 against Houston. I can remember the Jets in the 80s being 0-7 against lowly Seattle and then all of a sudden they got back to .500 against them before the snow loss in 2008...every team has a bad record against some other team for whatever reason. Look at the Vikings vs the Jets, I wonder what they're excuse is......

20. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Thank god. Tanny would have gotten a kick to the nuts if someone claimed him.