Jenkins done for the season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Sep 14, 2010.

1. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

Be a little more optimistic. It's only the first week.
    Good luck to you Jenks. We will miss you.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about knee injuries but it looked to me like a freak accident that would have done the same to a healthy knee.

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Rex already said in his presser that he'll consider going out and getting someone to put on the line. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tanny is already on the phone with Haynesworth's agent asking if he'd be interested in trying out nose tackle in an elite defense. Who knows? We only technically need a year because we should be looking to draft the future to come in and work with Ropati.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Marques Douglas is a likely candidate to be brought back I would think. Can rotate at DE and NT, plus knows the system inside and out.

5. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I was just saying this to a guy at work. No amount of preparation saves you from that. Either it's nothing more than a sprain or it's catastrophic.

Unfortunately, it was catastrophic.

6. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

The day just keeps getting better. Really liked him as a player. Sad that his Jets career was so short. Looks like we draft NT in the first round next year.

7. LWC611

LWC611 Member

This is really bad news. I wish him the best in his receovery.

8. TorontoJETSfan

TorontoJETSfan New Member

Fuck fuck fuck fuck

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Oh yeah I did see Jenkins lined up outside of Pouha on that one play!

If haynesworth wants to come in and not be a whiny bitch about playing in the middle then great! It would be just as beneficial to us if ACL's could be repaired and rehabbed in two weeks but I don't see either of those two things being a reality anytime soon.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

didn't the fins sign Marques Douglas?

11. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

this is the best I have read on this topic, that pitch should be made to Rodgers/Haynesworth. 330lb guys that can move dont grow on trees....

12. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

They did, but they cut him to get down to 53. Marques Douglass would be a pretty good signing.

13. IATA

IATA Trolls

14. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Frack!! Jenks was a great player. The Jets needed a big fat man on the Dline for so long and he really fit the bill. Freak of a athlete.

Hope he gets better and everything works out so that he can get back on the field next season.

Marques Douglas seems like the most likely pickup. Can't see us giving up a 2nd round pick for a crazy, head stomping, malcontent.

15. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

Based on my limited understanding of ACL injuries. The original tear was patched with a graft. If the injury last night resulted in a whole new tear, that's equally catastrophic. If the injury last night resulted in a tear in the graft or the graft popping loose, that's much less of an issue. That's the news I'm hoping to hear.

16. CM3

CM3 New Member

[YOUTUBE]HiJ9lYyj4uQ[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry can't post links but, I'm going to miss looking forward to weekends of this. but i guess :shit:
    he will be missed

#96 CM3, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
  17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

does it really make any difference? he is gonna be out for the year and retire either way right?

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't know. Having that kind of guy on the sidelines might be very useful. Rex could have him go stand next to Schotty and glower a lot.

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Seriously dude? Man up.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't think it matters. The Jets can't afford to go into another season with Kris Jenkins as the big guy in the middle. I vividly remember watching the Jets when I first started being a fan and as much as I hate to say it Joe Namath's knees just killed the franchise. The injuries were bad enough and the lack of mobility was really bad but the thing that really killed the Jets was that the player the offense was built around was completely unreliable and even when he was available he wasn't half the player he had once been.

The Jets need to go out and get a NT before next season. If Jenkins comes back and plays that's great but we can't afford to count on him in the middle of the D because he's a three time loser on the knees and the odds are probably 90% that becomes four if he ever gets back on the field for any significant period of time.