Jeff Ulbrich Interim Head Coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Oct 8, 2024.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Call up Minnesota and Detroit owners and ask how they found their GM and Coach
    But that would be using your head lol

SOJAZ likes this.
  2. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Ulbrich is quickly showing why he got ZERO HC interest last offseason despite being an alleged great DC.
    What you saw on hard knocks is what you get....a loudmouth caricature of a football coach who doesn't know why what he's doing isn't working.

3. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Forget the results for a second, the visual is there doesn't appear to be a HC on the sidelines with Ulbrich, which is the perfect metaphor for this rudderless team...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Both Saleh and Hack sucked and got bounced. The problem is people behind them are just as bad as they are. The only right way was to clean house last summer, and Woody has failed to do so.

SOJAZ, REVISion, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  5. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Ulbrich needs to put his hat back on backwards, let the f-bombs fly and go out in a blaze of glory. These a-holes need a foot up their ass.

BleedJetsGreen1981, SOJAZ and Acad23 like this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

the best thing this guy did in 2 weeks is fumble the challenge flag last night

7. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I was skeptical when it happened but interested to see the results. I'm not surprised honestly.

Saleh was not a very good coach. But the timing of his firing was reckless and pushed the team into chaos rather than galvanized.

It didn't appear he was losing the locker room. The team was 2-3 and playing for 1st place in 6 days. That's not when you fire a coach. They should have done it in the offseason or waited until after the season unless he lost the locker room and the wheels fell off.

Clearly the team has not responded well to this and Ulbrich does not appear to be up for the job.

The move was to switch coordinators, which they did, and to get Davante Adams, which they did (albeit a little late). Firing the HC was not the biggest problem at that moment.

This was an impulsive decision by this awful owner who didn't do enough thinking on this one. And to make matters worse, he overstepped the GM, again, to do it. Just like how he fired JD's right hand man Rex Hogan out of nowhere. Just to add to the organizational chaos. Some of his worst work yet...

And again, I nor probably anyone else is saying Saleh was a great coach. But the how and when of this decision did NOT help this team

HomeoftheJets, stinkyB and teamgreen like this.
  8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Oh christ I forgot about “the flag fumble”.

That whole sequence was so embarrassing. Pass caught for a TD on first down as far as I could tell. No challenge (feel real bad for Charles on that). Second down, looked debatable to me, wants to challenge and fumbles the flag. 3rd down TD and Roger’s just mockingly tosses the flag off the field.

Jets can’t just lose like a normal team on national tv.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I thought we were at least getting a high energy guy. Can't believe Ulbrich is going to let this opportunity pass without at least trying to put his whole self into the job.

BleedJetsGreen1981, Acad23 and Jets69 like this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Seems like he doesn't want to disrespect Bob by changing anything so he's staying the course. Another guy that doesn't seem to want to lead. Those are the guys that Woody trusts.

REVISion, teamgreen and BrowningNagle like this.
  11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Been a bit disappointing, seems like the entire team, has low energy, it's like they just realized they play for the Jets

SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It did not help the team, but we were on the same course either way. I really don't think keeping Saleh was going to make things any better. Saleh wasn't saving the season, that much I am positive about. We were on the way out and we continue to be on the way out with Saleh or Saleh 2.0 in Brick.

SOJAZ, red75bronco and REVISion like this.
  13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I just saw that Hackett is the 5th highest paid OC in the NFL (on $2.2m per year) and Ulbrich was also a top 10 paid DC (on $1.6m), even Salah was the 12th highest paid HC - this is the problem with the Jets I don't think its about not being willing to spend they just do not seem to spend very wisely.

14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Sad part is we ALL KNEW he sucked. Denver knew it and didn’t let him finish the year. Sean Payton knew it and said so and then walked into our house and backed it up.

And sad part is everyone on this board knew it.

Everyone except the clown making the decisions here.

SOJAZ and REVISion like this.
  15. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Woody or Aaron? I honestly forget who the actual owner is.

SOJAZ likes this.
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Agreed. I've been banging the "Blow it up Woody" Drum for several years running. I think circumstances will force Woody to do exactly that.

Borat and SOJAZ like this.
  17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Everyone needs to be gone. Everyone including all of the yes men/women and kids calling us asking if we want to buy a suite for this pathetic product on the field. Everyone in the building is part of this losing culture.

If you’re going to do it, you better do it the right way.

The only person left should be Woody (as awful as that sounds).

REVISion likes this.
  18. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Agree, this absolute disaster has to be blown up, but the BIGGEST problem is the guy with the dynamite is the guy who created it and is the guy that is going to have to rebuild it. I think what's taken place with him basically taking over and cutting the legs out of the GM that maybe Woodrow is throwing a Hail Mary. I NEVER thought the Wilpons would sell the Mets, so hopefully Johnson realize having had basically zero success in the last 25 years will want out with his grimey fingerprints all over this from top to bottom...

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

the jets are profitable win or lose. he’s not selling and we have no power to force him unless the entire fanbase somehow boycotts the team - that aint happening

20. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Our only hope to force woody out is to have it be discovered that he said some horribly racist shit at some point or has sexually assaulted one of his employees. I’m 100% certain he has, (its par for the course for nazi wannabe billionaires) but unless theres audio evidence of it there is nothing else that will be able to get that clown away from this team.