JD should take Hamilton without hesitation at 4....

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NYJ1970, Feb 22, 2022.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

But if you don't load up on WRs and TEs are you giving Wilson a chance?

The Jets need 2 new TEs, a high ceiling WR whether that be from FA or #10 overall, and another RB to pair with MC.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

First, who said "Load up on WRs and TEs"? Most posters here have argued that they need to get at least a #1 WR, and a stud TE out of the draft, and hopefully a vet WR and TE in FA. That's hardly "loading up". And most of these posters have also said that getting a stud Edge is a priority to the point of making that our first pick.

Second, if Wilson "sucks" - as determined by professional evaluators as opposed to discussion board GMs - these WRs and TEs would still be around and available for the next QB to throw to. How does that make them "wasted picks"?

boozer32 and Leicester Jet like this.
  3. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Right? Zach was playing like someone who’s never stepped on an NFL field before. Btw that and Becton barely stepping on the field at all, it’s pretty clear we need LT at 4 and QB at 10. /s

K'OB likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'd go with LT tbh but I have to wait another year on Wilson, we can't do a 1 and out :(

5. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

The /s was out there to symbolize over the top sarcasm. I believe I’ve spoken ad nauseam about my belief in drafting an insurance policy in the 1st round.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Well ideally the QB drafted so high would lift up his teammates and not the other way around

If Wilson needs studs at every position to succeed, that’s something true about a 6th or 7th round QB, not ideal for someone they invested heavily already in

I think he’s got decent weapons already

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, I went back and looked and it was KY Jets fan that you were responding to regarding injuries.

IMO the way you worded your posts came across to me as if you thought Zach was shit and totally to blame for his poor play last season. I have said several times in posts since the season ended that Zach played poorly and needs to play better this season. He shares in the blame for his play, but so do the WRs, MLF, the OL, the TEs, and the RBs.

Your "merely pointing out that Jets receivers had better numbers with the other 3 QBs" implies that Zach is the problem there. He was partially, but the WRs had a lot to do with their poorer numbers with Zach. MLF shares in that as well.

Davis, Cole and Kroft had no histories of dropping passes like they did this past season, so JD can't be blamed for that. That falls squarely on those receivers.

westiedog1 likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

look at Elijah Moore’s splits. He was nothing special with Wilson, and tore it up with White & Flacco. His game changing abilities were being wasted with a QB who couldn’t get him the ball

it makes you wonder how many other guys that’s true about...

9. NYJFOREVER

You can't lift up the likes of Ryan Griff or Tyler Kroft. They desperately need to fix the TE group and add another talented WR. Being one injury away from starting a practice squad receiver is inexcusable. Adding a WR + TE in the draft and WR + TE in FA isn't going to exhaust all the Jets resources. They'll have plenty to of $$ and picks to add to the defense as well.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

Brett Favre and other QBs threw passes like that their whole careers.

Davis, Cole, Moore, Kroft, and Crowder are professional receivers. Their job is to catch the ball, especially when it hits them in the hands. Zach's accuracy got off this past season and he made some bad throws, but that drop was totally on Moore, not Zach.

#130 NCJetsfan, Feb 25, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  11. NCJetsfan

Utter nonsense! If Zach winds up sucking this year, the Jets will replace him in 2023 or bring someone in for competition.

12. BrowningNagle

Yes you can absolutely lift up players like that

is Tyler Kroft significantly worse than Robert Tonyan (11 TDS in 2020) or Dallas Knox (11 TDS in 2021)??

no, I don’t think so at all. I think Kroft might even be more talented. The difference is they have a QB getting them the ball

13. NYJFOREVER

Kroft can't stay on the field and had the dropsies when he was on the field, so yes, I think he is significantly worse than Tonyan or Knox. The Jets cannot run Kroft out there as TE1 next year.

Spending 10th overall and 35 or 38 on a WR and TE isn't going to prevent the Jets from addressing DL, LB, and S. They have to add more talent to the offensive side of the ball. They can't go out there with guys that would be on the bottom of the roster for most playoff teams (Kroft + Griffin, Mims, Jeff Smith, etc)

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

and

Dude, from your posts it's abundantly clear that you have no clue what you're seeing on the field when you watch football. Your posts are rarely on target, and mostly wildly offbase, just as they are in this thread.

15. BrowningNagle

cool thanks for your insights

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yes, Kroft is significantly worse than Tonyan and whoever Dallas Knox is. Certainly worse than Dawson Knox. And the irony is that Kroft had the exact same QB getting him the ball as Knox, yet only caught 12 balls for 119 yards.

17. NYJFOREVER

[​IMG]

Kroft's career numbers. Hasn't even played a full season in 4 years, let alone broken 200 yards. He's a TE3 and special teamer at best.

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yes, I forgot about that stupid symbol tbh

19. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This is no different than people defending Darnold by saying Peyton Manning had a rough start to his career too.

Finding a few examples of guys who succeeded despite flaws doesn't mean it's optimal to have those flaws or that they're somehow good things. Zach needs to put more touch on shorter passes.

Why would you ever want to make things harder on your WR's than they have to be? There's a time and place to throw missiles and there's a time and place to throw softer passes.

Ralebird likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's about the same as tonyan talentwise, but knox is way better then both of them. i think you are severely underating knox