JD is the undertaker!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rockinz, Mar 19, 2024.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He acquired an injury prone reciever and a couple old linemen with a lot of miles on them. Lets not put up any banners yet

2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

No Jets fan should give them the benefit of the doubt. Show me the wins starting in September. That is the only thing that counts.

3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is a real concern right now. Let's say he drafts OT and WR, and basically does the job we can all see is good on offense. I am just worried that while offense will improve, because of lack of pass rush the defense will slip. The team will be better of course, but not as good as it could have been and we will lose key games because of defense this time. I just remember the days where we were begging for pass rush because opposing QBs always had too much time. That was the case too early this year before they started playing Huff more. Not having bona fide pass rusher puts us at disadvantage. I still feel it was a monumental fuck-up to let Huff go, in spite of all improvements on offense.

4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

In wrestling terms, I would say he's more like Goldust.

5. BrowningNagle

except 50lbs heavier

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was thinking... THE SHOCKMASTER

azhar80, Ptflea2 and JackBower like this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Very well said my friend. Very well said. I could have just hit "Like" and move on but wanted to highlight your great message one more time.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Woody doesn't have a lot of time left to protect his older aquisitions by switching to natural grass before the season begins. All of the guys JD went out and signed have quite the injury history and the MetLife Turf Monster is licking his ch0ps right now at the prospect of having more tendons and ACL's to devour.

If Woody does nothing, then he will own the failure of his team almost as much as JD will for signing older, post injury players.

9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

azhar80 and abyzmul like this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Which is why I'm not on the "Joe Douglas to Canton" train. I'll see what happens after this season before I even considering buying that ticket.

papapump and SOJAZ like this.
  11. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I think they should still go with the best available tackle at 10. Whomever that is will have at least a few games to sit before he needs to play based on Smith's injury history.
    I'm not as worried about WR because there were guys open all over the field last year, but our quarterbacks couldn't get them the ball because they were all terrible. If Rogers and Taylor have a little time, they should be dramatically better than the trio of garbage we trotted out there last year after Week 1.

NY Jets68, BacktoQueens and ouchy like this.
  12. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

i too think OT at 10 or trade down is the way I would go….with two old tackles, injuries are bound to happen and we need better than Mitchell or Warren out there if/when one of our tackles gets hurt.

It would also help the future as well

WR would be nice, but with GW and now Williams, I think we are not as desperate there so I’d prefer tackle

papapump and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Did he have a great off-season though? He lost the teams best pass rusher for nothing. The interior of the Dline is weaker. Safety is weaker. The biggest hole was the oline and he chose to get the two oldest tackles in the league on one year deals. Mike Williams is also a one year deal. I don’t see how that’s a good off-season, it looks bad to me.

14. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Enough with the accolades, JUST effin win.... Get to the PO and win a game... Also, there are no excuses now for this HC... we'll soon see if he is a coach or a wannbe (I happen to think the latter but...)

Brook!, ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  15. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

At least it’s not the Brooklyn brawler lol

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

As generic heels went, that dude sucked.

17. BrowningNagle

I wish the Iron Sheik was the Jets GM

18. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

JD filled the positions of need with better players so yes, I consider that a good off season. Safety is about equal, Clark=Whitehead. D line is fine, Kinlaw will be good and if we add Clowney his production will counter losing Huff as well as 2nd year McD and 3rd year JJ. Really not worried about the Defense. As far as offense just having Rogers back will be huge (32nd QB to realistically atleast top 10). The Oline whether its one year deals or not Smith>>>Brown, Moses>>>Becton and Simpson is an upgrade as well.
    Health is as big as FA with AVT and Rodgers coming back. Mike Williams is a huge upgrade over Lazard. You could bring injuries up but you could do that with all 32 teams, thats looking through blue colored glasses at the low hanging fruit and rooting for injury (not a good look btw). We still have the 10th pick as well for line depth or another stud WR.
    On paper for this upcoming season we are astronomically better than we were last year at this time. If you think our offseason is bad compare it to the rest of the AFC East and it looks pretty damn incredible.

Jets79 and ouchy like this.
  19. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

The offseason is not done yet, and I think the jets could make some draft moves that would make me feel better (I would trade down in the first, select an OT in the first and pick up a second or third). As it stands now, I dont feel like the jets fixed their tackle problem. The last time Tyron Smith played a full season was during the Obama administration. Breece Hall was 12 years old. No tackle from his draft class is still playing, and most retired years ago. Smith was in the same draft class as Nate Solder lol. He hasnt practiced in years, because he can't, and has been limping his way through seasons. The Cowboys, who know him best and where he is beloved, didnt think he was worth the 1 year $5mil contract (or whatever it was) he got from the jets. No other team was even interested in him in free agency. I would strongly caution anyone who is counting on this guy to step in and play at an elite level for the duration of the season. He hasn't done it in 10 years.

The same for Morgan Moses. I believe they are the same age, and similarly to Tyron, I dont think there's any tackles from his draft class still playing other than Jake Matthews. The Ravens gave him away for only a 6th round pick. Neither of these guys are quality linemen that you can count on at this point in their careers. I think tackle is still a giant need for the jets, especially when considering the guy they are tasked with protecting is 40 years old himself coming off a major injury. In my opinion, the jets have not solved their tackle woes, even for this year.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]