JD is on the clock too...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Mar 27, 2021.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

That’s cool, but that’s not my point. My point is that they are super confident in the guy WE ARE NOT PICKING to run the offense that we both plan to run. So much so they mortgaged their future.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Mac Jones?

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah I feel ya. Not much we can do but watch the Jets be the Jets at this point.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If 49ers really wanted Zack to fall to them there'd be tons of Zack=shit stuff falling out of the blue from unnamed sources, hoping the Jets pass on him.

5. bicketybam

So you want Fields?

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

not sure if there are any funky videos of him floating around at BYU.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Fields would be great! I also like Lance after a healthy trade back. Who ru rooting for?

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

No one really knows for sure. Way too much speculation about why SF moved up so quickly. I don't believe for a second that San Francisco had only one QB in mind when the mortgaged their picks and that they knew exactly what the Jets were picking. They had at least two or they would not have made the move. Also they tried very hard to move up to two but the Jets would not trade the pick, so their is that. But in any event why do we give a shit about what SF did? If we don't trust our front office to get it right the rest is mute. What I read between the lines is that the expectations by Jets fans are other teams will get it right and the Jets will fuck it up no matter what, which is quite sad.
    May be is NE when they move up next and pick a QB we should praise instead. Its up to JD/RS to get it right....and right doesn't not = what some of us think is right. Its what we will see with results down the road.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Let them be in denial in peace. They only have 2 more weeks to live in their alternate reality.

LAJet likes this.
  10. bicketybam

Fields at 2?

11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Was just catching up on this thread, and I’m not sure I understand those posts saying anything other that we are taking a QB at 2. Makes no sense. Once we traded Sam, the die was cast. We may not know who we’re taking, but I can’t imagine it being anything other than a qb

NCJetsfan, Ralebird and PJ4Ever like this.
  12. legler82

One chooses alternate reality when reality sucks. In 2017 & 2018 I was living in an alternate reality up until the point I had to accept reality. I’d argue my alternate reality would have been better for the Jets.

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Exactly! Douglas & Co. may get this wrong, but they are the most competent FO since at least Parcells, so I'm going to trust that they have a solid plan that will lead to consistent winning. That said, I may not agree with some of their decisions, but I also have to acknowledge that they have far more knowledge and info than I do.

I can understand and even agree with up to a point the feeling that a lot of Jets fan have that ANY other organization will make better decisions than the Jets do. Historically that's been proven true. But with the Douglas Era I see things changing. Maybe it's just delusional hope, but I prefer to hold onto that hope for now. When that's gone, I will be also.

cval and REVISion like this.
  14. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

None of us knows whether this reality will suck yet.

We do have a loud and emotional segment of the board which is operating under the assumption it will, though. Despite our own front office and most other front offices seemingly preferring the guy we're going to pick.

Let's not run for the hills quite yet.

cval and PJ4Ever like this.
  15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

What SF did tells me they believe both Zach and Fields will be a good solution for them going forward. I am cool with whoever Joe picks. I want Fields because of you but I am cool with Wilson as well knowing SF was cool with Wilson as well as Joe D. :)

legler82 likes this.
  16. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Cool story but that doesn’t mean he likes that player more than Wilson (or Lawrence) which is what you’re inferring

17. legler82

Some of us didn’t know for certain it would suck in 2017 and 2018 either but we were allowed to be allowed to express it and be as loud about it as we wanted. This is what message boards are built on. It is an alternate reality.

18. legler82

The person writing doesn’t infer. It’s the reader who does.

19. legler82

or Mac Jones or Trey Lance. Reports are all over the place.

20. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Lol wut