JD is on the clock too...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Mar 27, 2021.

1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

WTF are you talking about? Time to get off that high horse, your evaluation of QBs are just as flawed as the rest of us. The difference we are not threating to leave as fans or getting people fired.

This attitude is the history of Jets fans. We do not like the pick so we are going to get on the message boards and slam the Jets QB until proven correct. The vitriol toward Sanchez and Pennington (Noodle arm) was amazing and they are arguably the most successful QB we have drafted since Namath.

Fans getting butt hurt because the Jets do not pick your guy does not help. Lets give the current regime a chance to succeed or fail before throwing out ultimatums and flying banners.

#241 cval, Apr 12, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

He's been having a prolonged breakdown ever since it became clear the Jets are probably taking Wilson. I've lost count of how many times he's said he will no longer be a fan if we pick Wilson. Like, do you want a farewell parade? If you're being honest then just go away, anything else is just attention whoring at this point.

The notion that Wilson fans are totally ignoring his red flags is so off base too. We readily admit that he has valid concerns, we just think he's the best candidate despite them. It would seem the Jets front office (and most other NFL front offices) agrees with us.

BradysTornACL and cval like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That's not true, and you know it. While I think Wilson has a high ceiling, and a good chance of being the best QB we've had since Namath, I've alos acknowledged that he has some flags - but that so does everyone else, including the "generational" Trevor Lawrence. Further, I and others have also said we'd be okay if JD takes Fields or Lance (and speaking for myself, Jones too).

But even if we're completely wrong, so what? It's not like Douglas is following our advice! And it's not like we as fans haven't been wrong before. In fact, since we have only a very incomplete amount of info to base our judgments on, being wrong is a regular outcome. So what? What is it that's eating your lunch? If it makes you feel any better, I'll have no problem admitting I was wrong about Wilson if he busts. I've been wrong before - and specifically on this forum - and readily owned it. But whether I or any other Wilson supporters admit to being wrong doesn't change anything does it? If it will make you feel better you'll get to say "I told you so!", and that won't change anything either. And as I said already, NONE of our opinions here - not mine, not yours, not legler's, not Vilma's, NO ONE's - has any influence on Douglas, so what's the big deal?

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Have we talked about the fact the original architect of the offensive system we will be implementing just traded the proverbial farm to pick a QB we will pass on? #NoPressure. I equate it to 2017 when Andy Reid of all people traded up to grab him. This on top of the fact he had a MVP candidate at QB spot already in the fold. Even the biggest Mahomes doubter had to 2nd guess him or herself a bit at that moment.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I agree with the gist of your post, but calling Smith an MVP candidate is overrating him IMO.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  6. legler82

I’m not overrating him. He has been a MVP candidate and Pro-bowler. These are just facts; not my personal opinion.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

You have to be fucking kidding me. Racist? Holy fuck have we come to this?

8. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Widely reported that Kyle Shanahans top target was Zach Wilson.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Josh Allen is apparently self-made. He did the improbable 10k throws over the 2020 off-season to correct the hitch that was causing him to overthrow so often. The odds on any guy drafted high taking the time to fix things are really low. Kudos to him.

I wish it had been Sam.

10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson Is their top QB, BUT, they traded the farm anyway despite that widely reported, report, eh? Sounds legit.

All Gas No Shake and legler82 like this.
  11. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Why is no-one talking about @K'OB actually being a crackhead limey? He's so baked he can't even get O'Brien's apostrophe in the right place in his username.

Woke moderation. MAGA.

All Gas No Shake and K'OB like this.
  12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You're so whacked out on scooby snax it has taken you 4 year's to mention it :rolleyes::p

I realised after a couple of weeks but just let it ride :D

13. Br4d

Nobody knows what JD is going to do on draft day. The Zach Wilson is the #1 choice meme certainly would not have leaked from the Jets unless it leaked as smoke.

The options available are still Wilson, Fields, an OT, a WR and a trade down if possible. I believe Wilson is probably narrowly leading that range of options at this point. There's a lot that can happen between now and draft day to change that.

I believe the Falcons are in play for a trade closer to the draft, probably more so than they were when the Fins had the intervening pick. I believe the Broncos are in play for a trade closer to the draft.

There's been a lot written about how the 49ers have info on the Jets likely tendencies in this draft. How about the fact that with several coaches from the 49ers staff last year the Jets probably have an even better idea of what 49ers tendencies on the #3 will be?

NYJetsO12 and foxtrot like this.
  14. foxtrot

foxtrot New Member

Still hopping for a Trade Down, a load up on offensive Blue chip talent in the first round and then Trask (or maybe one of the other second tier qb) in round two.

The Darnold Trade did diminish my optimism for this scenario somewhat though.

Br4d likes this.
  15. Br4d

I think the value in the Darnold trade was too much for JD to pass up. 3 picks including a 2nd next year was probably top of the market at this point.

There's a really good argument for loading up on quality pieces for the build this year and getting the QB after you have enough of the roster in place to not put him under extreme pressure right away. I don't think that's how JD is going to go but it is a real option given the players in play this draft.

If the Jets did this they would probably be planning to sign a vet stopgap like Brian Hoyer and hope that Morgan can beat him out and give them somebody to evaluate this season.

NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  16. legler82

You are talking about widely reported; I’m talking about facts. He just traded away 3 first round picks and more just to pick the guy he believes we are not picking. That’s not reported; that actually happened.

17. legler82

Has anyone in the media been able to predict what JD will do up to this point? Also, the 49ers pick right after us so there’s no value in us knowing their tendencies even if true.

18. Br4d

To date JD has been a sphinx to the media.

The value in knowing how the 49ers were leaning would be in a trade down to Atlanta's #4 scenario. If the Jets really thought the 49ers were taking Jones and that the Falcons were taking Wilson, well that leaves them Fields and extra value at #4 if they want a QB at all.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The fact that the 49ers pulled the trigger on that trade from the BYU pro day where Joe and Saleh were also present makes me think Lynch found out directly from Jets camp that they were all-in on Wilson already. It's turning out to be a common knowledge thing at this point.

PJ4Ever and REVISion like this.
  20. legler82

I would bet what the 49ers bet to traded up to 3 and more, that the Falcons trade down not up. We are more likely to swap picks with the 49ers IMO and that is highly unlikely.