Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Twice in the last week they've talked about 3-6" of snow and twice (including today) the temperature has risen that crucial 3 degrees to make it a downpour instead.

What a strange winter. Every time it precipitates the temperature is higher and when it goes down below freezing everything is dry.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Dang. definitely not that cold here but more "normal" March weather.... I've already cut down piles of dead stuff from the xmas freeze for the garbage man the past few weeks...

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I know you folks in the north have had a few hot days already…. We’re yet to crack 80 degrees here in Myrtle beach. Very odd spring so far. Usually we’re baking by now. I’m not complaining, would love to have a mild summer.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We actually had 95 last week and then last night we tied the record low for June 3rd at 44 degrees. I even had the heat kick in which was unusual because the house retains so much heat and loses it very gradually this time of year.

The South Pacific volcano eruption last year is still doing very strange things to us. It caused a lot of the unusually warm weather in the 6 months after due to the amount of water vapor it put high in the atmosphere. Usually a volcano puts sulfuric aerosols up high and that cools us down but water vapor does the opposite and we had almost no winter here in Connecticut. Our spring was fairly warm also.

5. typeOnegative13NY

Water temp in Myrtle beach is 86. Saw that some areas in s. Fla are in the 90s. That’s crazy. Growing up on LI it was hard to maintain a pool temp like that even with s solar cover.

Barry the Baptist likes this.
  6. stinkyB

We were in the mid-upper 80s a week or so ago, but we've been having steady west winds for a week straight.... and starts the annual upweling blowing the warm surface gulstream water back out, and we're down to 80 again. (water's been really clear though)... no surf at all to speak of this week, cutting into my summer surf lesson side hustle.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No AC in my place for likely a month. Living room only has sliding doors so had to buy a hose-unit and jimmy-rig it. Luckily we’re moving to a new rental and get the keys Friday but we’ll have to pack our shit up in this awful heat.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Just regular old summer in Texas here. I'm on the back porch in jeans and a polo.

[​IMG]

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You don't own shorts?

stinkyB likes this.
  10. abyzmul

I save those for August. Like a reminder that hell ends soon.

11. abyzmul

12. stinkyB

I don't plan on wearing long pants till halloween

13. abyzmul

We'll still be in the 90s I think. I'm kind of used to it now. And I haven't dealt with cumulative snow in decades.

14. stinkyB

Same here.... snow without mountains just sucks once it no longer gets you out of school for the day.

abyzmul likes this.
  15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I grew up surfing on the Jersey Shore and I can remember early summer days with the water temps in the mid 60's

I'd be worried about things that come up from the warmer waters biting me if I was back there now

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  16. typeOnegative13NY

Yeah, I remember as a kid on LI the water not actually being warm until late august. There are definitely more sharks etc closer to the shore these days

17. stinkyB

The fullsuit usually came off in june, the springsuit came off in late july..... I was able to surf in trunks in august and september. (unless we had hard offshore winds that caused some upwelling)

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  18. stinkyB

It's summer in Florida so thunderstorms are to be expected, but these past few weeks have been too much.....

19. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

hey kids...just checking in to tell you blood is running through veins...to heart....brain...etc...and alive and well....hope all you guys and girls are doing great and all I can say is....63 years old now...made my first post here when i was 14.
    Something like that...wait...40 or so....anyway all those years and my heart beats through my chest. I was thinking today...that hell, you never know. You just do not. But I have never in my lifetime seen a roster with so much speed and power. Forget the guy we brought in at QB which is of course the cherry on top. But what Joe Douglas has done with this roster is amazing. Now can it crash and burn? Sports..you never know. But when you see these guys interviewed...the level of football IQ...dedication...love being a JET (WHAT THE F?)
    My gut feeling is I know MOST in the world believe this to be Super Bowl or bust. This is a shitload of talent to get chugging in the right direction. Will it happen at the starting gate? Mid Season? Two year plan? Not sure but its going to happen.

Hope you are all well and will be posting come kick off. You guys are the best.
    Jay

stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

jay had to return some videotapes

stinkyB likes this.