Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

We’re supposed to get a significant drop in humidity next weekend. Hopefully it’s the start of the on and off heat, instead of the hells front porch it’s been for 2 months.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Had to flip the burgers halfway to the grill. My lord has it been brutal. Supposed to break Wednesday and back to normal summer for the weekend.

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Cant remember a summer like this down here...the heat...yea...but the humidity...there are times in the evening where it feels like there is no friggin air to breathe. Horrible....horrible. Ocean temps along the coast are high too which is not good if September brings any kind of tropical nonsense...hope not THIS year.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  4. typeOnegative13NY

[​IMG]
    Local news has posted this all day. Feels like Christmas is coming

When I moved here in august 07, we had a string of days 102-104 actual temp. Don’t remember seeing anything like that since.

jaywayne12 likes this.
  5. jaywayne12

Poured today...reward tomorrow according to your muggy meter.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Weird Noreaster pattern in play. Probably dump a lot of rain in Maine and Canada. Then back to the hot stuff next week.

8. typeOnegative13NY

Heavy rain today, lots of flash flooding. This was put up by local news on Facebook. Apparently a lot of this type stuff today.

This is what happens when you’re the #1 growing city in the country, and there is unprecedented building , without regard for the fact that we’re barely above sea level, and every development takes away more drainage.

[​IMG]

9. typeOnegative13NY

These flooding events around the country are unbelievable. Vegas twice, Jackson ms, nw Georgia etc.

10. Br4d

Houston last year, North Carolina the year before. This is just the new normal as the climate begins to switch over. There's going to be more moisture in the atmosphere as the various glaciers and ice packs release the H2O they've been storing for the last 2 million years, The oceans are warming also and as they warm they both expand and release more water vapor in the process.

The thing about global warming is that it became a political football in the 1990's but the reality is that the serious scientists were discussing the problem in the 70's. It's been around since the late industrial revolution in the 1880's and 90's. We didn't notice it because we weren't conditioned to notice things like that and Krakatoa did a very good job of cooling things down a bit from 1883 to 1887 or so.

11. FJF

Meanwhile every irrigation pond in every apple orchard in New York is at 20% capacity or less, minnewaska state park is closed due to forest fires all the lawns are completely dead. We haven’t seen significant rain in 2 months. Looks like relief is coming today/tomorrow but wow has it been dry.

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

We are on the opposite end of the weather pattern down here. Many boats can't get under the bridges in the canals between lakes with all the rain we have had. Worse yet, one of the local breweries got flooded out the other day.

FJF likes this.
  13. FJF

I’m worried about missing out on fresh cider donuts this year was bad, but the brewery? Thoughts and prayers man . There’s always someone who has it worse.

The Waterboy likes this.
  14. typeOnegative13NY

It’s crazy. We were in significant drought from late winter, until early July. Then we started getting a years worth of of rain at once through mid august, including a couple of storms that dropped up to 8 inches in a few hours. Now it’s been pretty dry again for 3 weeks.

15. Br4d

Connecticut had a normal Spring and early summer, maybe slightly on the wet side. It's been dry as a bone here for 6 weeks now. Brown lawns all over the place and water levels down in the lakes and rivers.

We had a forecast for afternoon thunderstorms a week ago. I was walking in to work and heard thunder in the distance and dark clouds appeared overhead. The strangeness? No temperature inversion, temperature stayed in the low 90's through that moment. Within a minute sunshine was back and we never got the rain. It was like God changed his mind in a flash and the weather turned.

16. Br4d

I should post drought complaints more often. We just had a torrential downpour that probably dropped a couple of inches of rain on us in half an hour.

Was driving on 7 and had maybe 10% visibility and no place to pull off. Fun.

17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

If I don't get any rain the next two days, I'm going to raise hell. It's barely rained an inch for the past month in southeastern NJ.

18. jaywayne12

where else but here could i go for a refresher course. listen...im rusty....since moving down to wilmington, nc 8 years ago...stubhub....seatgeek...etc....i have a few questions.

Will be up there for the Bengal game and taking my two sons....need 3 tickets. The prices now seem decent but should i wait until next week? Get more bang for my buck for better seats?
    If i purchase tickets next friday lets say on seatgeek...is that ok for a sunday game? Im pretty sure its emailed and no problem but was looking for some input and ideas. Feel free to ask questions...all except "are you really looking to waste money going to a jet game?".

THANKS GUYS AND GIRLS !!!

19. jaywayne12

also...major cold front coming through before game time as of today. temps may not get out of the 50s on Sunday with lows upper 30s low 40s. this is for sept 25. dry...but more like late October.