Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Where the heck is CBG on a day like this. Power outage possible or no?

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Yes. High winds and softening ground gives you a chance for down power lines.

Brook! likes this.
  3. Brook!

Thanks boss. With no power and AC I might melt. God bless Madison hopefully.

4. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Well, a river runs through it. My basement, that is.

I have both of my floor pumps running. I hope they can keep up!!

FJF and Brook! like this.
  5. Brook!

Good luck chief.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  6. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Actually, it wasn't so bad. I probably didn't even nee to take the pumps out!

Brook! likes this.
  7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Well just got back and we had a stretch in Cali, Nevada, and Utah where highs were in the 100's but it was expected in many of those places. Denver was 97-98 the couple of days we were there.

Brook! likes this.
  8. FJF

Powder up boys. Next 3 days hot and hotter.

Brook! likes this.
  9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

10. FJF

We’re feeling it up here too. But unlike you we’ll be below 90vbefore the week is out

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  11. typeOnegative13NY

Yeah, well be cooking here til end of sept. I moved here for everything but the weather. I always loved fall and winter.

12. typeOnegative13NY

Not a very nice afternoon.

[​IMG]

Brook! likes this.
  13. Brook!

:oops::eek:
    Ouch. Where is this place.:eek:

14. typeOnegative13NY

That’s Myrtle beach. Typical summer afternoon. 3 house fires, and one person struck

Brook! likes this.
  15. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Hey guys...little long term item to keep an eye on...invest 92L.

Will be a tropical storm by wedesday night thursday.
    Probable hurricane by Friday Saturday....slams the Virgin Islands albeit a high 1 low 2....and then the ? Come in to play.
    From the two model runs i just checked....if...if the Dominican Republic is a direct hit or it skirts SOUTH of D.R...chances it falls apart and never gets its total act together are possible. The run that makes most sense to me is a brush on northern D.R. and then it sticks
    All indications right now is that it will not be a high end hurricane down there.
    Not until it sweeps past the islands and heads towards the southeast coast will that happen
    While models show a max high end 2 or low end 3...i would take that with a grain of salt...as i would take the track currently depicted from this time forward (once it brushes or hits the D.R.) the same.
    The models are in decent agreement that a week from tomorrow...the storm heads towards the SE coast before being lifted directly north and then NE out to sea.

Here is my problem with that scenario...its still 9 days out(it shows this close call with NC next Wednesday/Thursday) and the turn northward and then northeast does NOT occur until the storm is only about 200 to 300 miles off the coast....way too far out to put any confidence in that.
    Now that also means that it can be further out to sea than modeled currently.
    Middle of the road cat 2 at that time and again that means nothing this far out.
    Any guarantees this far out? Well the east coast from Georgia to Cape Cod will have a rough ocean beginning next Tuesday to the south and continuing northward by Wednesday Thursday
    NO MODEL SHOWS any crazy SANDY swings to the west...but there are a few models that want to run this very close to the coast ala a nor'Easter type path.
    Very rare and doubt that type of run...these things either have some form of blocking that allows them to maintain direction and slam into the coast or they get picked up and ejected out to sea
    Still Sandy taught us that there is a thread the needle thing...but again...there is NOTHING in the set up showing any potential for that
    Will keep you updated and im sure some great people on this thread can chime in.

Oh...unless another beats it to the name....it will be called tropical storm....then hurricane Isaias.

FJF and Brook! like this.
  16. Brook!

Thanks jay. Looking forward to your further updates. Our dear friend CBG is staying away from the board due to politics. Can you tell him to come back? :)

17. jaywayne12

Im reaching out to my bud right now...im sry i didnt do it when i saw this last time....i will get the man back home...at least here....reaching out now

Brook! likes this.
  18. jaywayne12

I am not saying this to knock anyone on this site.
    About ten years ago i got into a huge fight and used the tern internet balls...people who ...well...you get the point.
    You cant have political threads anymore....those days are gone. Nobody will for the most part know how i feel politically today...and i like that
    The days of having discussions are long gone.
    So...on a jet website...to think it might generate more traffic is insane. The only thing to help that out is a better team...which is coming (even that statement opens me up to attack)
    Its an attack culture...hell...its not even safe predicting a storm...lol.
    CBG im sure lost his head...he speaks from the heart...its why i love the guy whatever he believes in.
    He will be back one day perhaps...that day aint today...lol. Its a shitty culture that started more than a decade ago....from both sides

Its hit a new level now...and im sure the day will come when it infiltrates a decent thread like this.

Will keep you updated on the future hurricane Isaias

Brook! likes this.
  19. typeOnegative13NY

Hey man. I hadn’t been on here in a long time, glad to see you’re still posting here.

Please no hurricanes for sc. but a light tropical storm would be nice to cool it off for a day or 2.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner