Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I hear you grandpa. When are you planning to retire and move to warmer places? I am 41 and I can’t wait to retire and move to southern Greece or Italy or Spain. Tired of these unforgiving winters of North East.

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Makes 2 of us Cman I want Snow in December for Christmas and in Jan the closer we get to March the less I want it

#15802 CBG, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    Cman68 likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Gotta clear my CC debt first Brook. After than, I'm in negotiations with Wifey as to our final landing spot. :)

Brook! likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Cbg has given up but there’s still some threats of winter. Could be looking at a snow day Thursday for the kiddos and a horrible day of commuting.

Brook! and CBG like this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay u are sadly correct as I am still watching the weather but I think this winter is done. There have been storms on the models 7 to 10 days out and as the events get closer they are non storms. I am NOT buying into Wed/ Thursday---it might be ice but I am guessing rain and the weekend looks like more of the same. The Pacific jet ruined last year and the same thing is happening this year = no cold air --> storms not allowed to develop or redevelop and head up the coast --> all the storms travel east to west with little or no cold air to work with = yuck.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If this winter was a horse they would shoot it or me and put it out of its misery

FJF likes this.
  7. FJF

I hear ya c, if it’s not going to snow than I wish it would just dry up and let’s get the kids outside on the fields.
    For tomorrow, it’s going to be sloppy, morning commute is going to be brutal. I’d expect some school delays as the ice falls first before turning to all rain.

CBG likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

sucks Fjay and if you look at what the NAM says maybe some snow but as a wise man once told me and now I will tell him = this is " RAIN " unless you go well N n W. Just officially end this winter IMO its over and it might actually finish worse than last year and thats amazing because last winter sucked.

FJF likes this.
  9. FJF

My nephew got a new sled for Xmas this year. I told him that day, good job boy you just jinxed winter. Sunday he told me he was sorry.
    We should refer to the winter of 2020 as the Jonny lam Jones winter.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

poor kid,,,,,,I purposely did NOT get my sons tubes out of the attic for that exact reason = did not want to jinx it. I thought me and you and the resorts were hurting last year but its Feb 5th brother. Im seriously thinking of putting down Fertilizer this weekend

Brook! likes this.
  11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm diggin this winter.... not one freeze yet :cool:

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Pretty shocked about that Stinky as even the west coast hit 29 and those damn lizards were falling out of trees like leaves

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

ice ice baby,,,,if you are N n W of the city ( see FJAY) you could have A M issues

Brook! and FJF like this.
  14. FJF

Trees and grass are all coated in ice. Roads are fine though. No snow,kids are pissed.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Anyone still doubt the climate is getting warmer?

CBG likes this.
  16. FJF

No one should, millions of years of evidence that the climate is constantly changing.

CBG likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Wet wet baby,,,,, this winter blows no ice or snow here just rain. Lets see what tonight brings when temps drop again also tomorrow will be WINDY. I would have bet a lot of money that this winter would not be worse than last year and although winter aint over just yet = I WOULD HAVE LOST

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Cman = yes I really believe that it is cyclical and just like a sign wave or the stock market it will go up and down and left and right------Im not big on global warming go figure huh

19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Any winter where my snow blower sits in the garage and doesn't move is a great winter to me. Still have a ways to go as March is certainly capable of bringing the snow as the last few years have proven. It's only early Feb but so far so good.

Cman68, Brook! and jixxjr like this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I was going to take the week off from the booze after spending SB weekend with my brother and sending all those IPAs to the recycling bin......... but looks like we're under a tornado watch. I better get some beer just in case!

Cman68, CBG and Brook! like this.