Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks both.

How does it look for December 24th?

CBG likes this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sunny and 80 for everyone else BUT Blizzard in Madison over Brooks house as the storm stalls and just drops oceans of snow on his stoop

FJF and Brook! like this.
  3. Brook!

I hate you. Lol but seriously we have a flight out of Newark on December 24th. Please tell us no risk of flight cancellation.

CBG likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook, Fjay was kind of hinting at next weeks "possible storm " being near that date but I still think we are looking at the 22nd or 23 rd but there is time for that to change IN many ways and even for the better but we can keep an eye on it for you. The models have been hinting at a BIG event around that time but again I will do my best to let you know what I see on the models but again I'm still a novice. As far as tonight and Tomorrow = this could be a VERY SCARY ice storm and the latest guidance says this could be quite bad North and West of NYC. Local weather peeps IMO are slacking off as most models are showing a significant ICE storm and as I said yesterday if you own a generator start it up and get gas today better safe and to goof on CBG when he is wrong than be sorry and say " damn CBG was right "

FJF and Brook! like this.
  5. Brook!

Thanks C,

Noted. I don’t own a generator but will keep an eye. You are a good whistle blower when it comes to weather. Appreciated sir.

CBG likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thanks Brook also fine line between Whistle Blower and Ambulance chaser but I try

Brook! likes this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Nams doing its thing, over cooking the numbers but by how much? I’m thinking we an over achiever coming .

Brook! and CBG like this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJAY even if its over doing the numbers those are some scary #'s ! IMO the models are having a real hard time showing what is snow / ice or frozen so those numbers are high but some areas are depicted getting an inch or more of just ice and if they only get a 1/4 of that its still a bad situation. Time to look at radar and out our windows but I think tomorrow morning is gonna be scary in some areas. If the upper levels were colder this would be a shit load of snow for many of us but with the upper levels warming and the surface being cold = whatever water falls will freeze. I am praying that I get SNOW and not freezing rain or ice but we will have to see how this plays out. Keep me posted Fjay and others.

Brook! likes this.
  9. Brook!

News 12 NJ on Verizon Fios just said we will see 3 inches of snow and around 0.51 inches ice. How does this happen? Most likely delayed opening right?

CBG likes this.
  10. Brook!

Weather app on my iPhone shows snow and ice for tomorrow. Accuweather app says rain only for tomorrow. Which one is wrong? :)

11. FJF

Accuweather is too conservative on snow amounts. I think you’re looking at a delay tomorrow and snow to ice.

CBG and Brook! like this.
  12. Brook!

Just got the call sir. Delayed opening tomorrow due to ice.

FJF and CBG like this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sorry kids was out getting our Christmas Tree and its not doing anything here yet. I did not get a call yet but I fully expect a delay tomorrow and if this comes as advertised I think that school will be cancelled but first lets see if this comes in as it appeared on many models. Buckle up kids and be safe all I will post later when something starts doing here.

#15593 CBG, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Brook! and FJF like this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Snow Flakes literally just began to fall,,,,no rain or ice just flakes so far

15. Brook!

No snow in Madison. All freezing rain and ice. Dang it.

CBG likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

My deck and grass and cars are white and glazed over the street is NOT white, Currently 30 degrees and freezing rain is falling but right now this is not as bad as I had thought but lets see what the next few hours bring. I like to think that the models and ME got the surface temps wrong and that it is warmer out there than advertised as this is a bullet I will be happy to dodge but that said if this keeps up I can see the kids having delays,,,,lets see how this plays out--> anyone else out there awake ?

17. FJF

All ice up here. Around 2 it was really thumping snow but now everything is all ice. Disappointed, change came earlier than I predicted..

CBG likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay if we had been a degree or 2 colder maybe a different / much worse / icy outcome for many. I thought the upper levels would be warm ( guidance showed this ) but the models showed colder temps at the surface than what actually happened. All along I thought that this would be freezing rain / ice more than snow and kinda had it correct but in general nowhere near what I thought would happen. The Kids had 2 hour delays here and it was icy but nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be but again that was a good thing. On another note maybe we get some snow tomorrow in front of this arctic blast heading our way Thursday and what seems like good news at the moment the long range models have appeared to lose the storm that was on the books for next week so as of now you look ok Brook

FJF likes this.
  19. FJF

I still have ice falling pretty steady here. Suppose to keep up for another 4 hours. Kids school was canceled and the roads are pretty slick. albany is almost all snow. They seem to be the sweet spot this year so far

CBG likes this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Yeah I get it but these damn models !!!!!!!! Be safe Fjay